It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we brainwashed to support the military?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AdAbsurdum

I can shoot a rifle and clean one in the dark and hit what I aim for most of the time - If I have to defend my family I will.

However, I would never help invade a foreign country and kill it's citizens.

There is a big difference between offense and defense.

911 was a false flag operation and most American's swallowed the bs hook line and sinker.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu

The ole Nuremberg defense. If you had said that to the US govt as a Nazi troop, Uncle Sam would have told you: "not under international law.. you had a moral choice available not to participate."

Sir, "just following orders" sir! doesn't inoculate one from responsibility.

Good point. But I wasn't defending myself. While I did things that quite possibly would be construed as illegal by our enemies, I did them to ensure the safety of the American people. Hopefully I picked the winning side so I won't be rounded up and slapped in some kangaroo court. Also, I'd like to add, I have never been deployed to the middle east.

A more enlightened troop who continues to participate, is another story.. AFTER a swift kick in the nuts/vagina of reality shocks a soul into having an epiphany... they aren't killing strangers for America, but for an illusion of America... but decides to be just another a follower and willfully take part in what s/he believes is a horrifying insult to humanity..

I am now just a disabled vet. I agree with you here, but it is not always this cut and dried.

When we grunts start to question our party leaders honesty & motivations.. then contemplate the morality of killing strangers 1000s of miles from being as dangerous as infamous "DUI illegal aliens".. brainwashing triggers the magical oath memory movie.. to both remind us why we have to slaughter, and serve as a cheap cowardly rationalization as to why we're compromising our values.. "I didn't want to, but the oath made me"

Oh no, I wanted to. I still don't have an issue with what I have done. The military actions in Iraq and Afghanistan are another story. My point about the oath is that it is unrealistic to expect military members to take political action against the POTUS. Even if you become aware you have finish your contract and wait for release. (Which in my opinion is the reason for the massive rates of PTSD.)

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Thanks to governments and media we are all brainwashed.

This site is one organ used for such.

Mind control, brain washing and spreading disinformation and making sure the truth gets lost in all the nonsense.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdAbsurdum
reply to post by brokedown

Valid point. But the choice I was referring to was a political one. Whether or not I agree with what the President says, I swore an oath.

I also fully understand my responsibilities. But do keep in my mind that it is possible they merely concluded that I was the only "good" American they came in contact with.

what if you was given an order that was unconstitutional what would a soldier do? what sorta choices does a person in the armed forces have when it comes to something like that? you said you swore an oath as every soldier did....do you guys just obey what your told to do even if its unconstitutional? this is the way i view cops....they swear an oath to protect the constitution and uphold it but from what i see most of them dont even know whats in the constitution and break their oath on a daily basis.
srry if someone already asked this......

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Funkydung]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/888a17e0bac5.jpg[/atsimg]

Thanks for very great posts! I wish that more people here could be like you!

That's really a horrible and sad photo of a heartbroken man in dispair for losing his dear child.

Thank you so much for telling the truth!

I just have to add you as a friend if that's OK with you?

Peace!

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Funkydung

Never. It has never happened to me. Only once was I ever given an unlawful order and I told that Lt what he could do with that order. I was in the right, so nothing bad happened to me.

But I have never been given in order that was unconstitutional. We are not required to follow those so if one does he does it of his own accord. But then he'd violate his oath and become my enemy.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
It's all meant to balance out because at the other end of the "brain washing" spectrum you have the academia.

How many young kids are they responsible for brainwashing?
I bet that number is even higher.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
We are in a way brainwashed to support the military, but for good reason. If it were not for our military, we would be typing Ching Chow Chang instead of "Are we brainwashed to support the military?"

I love the American version a whole lot better than the China version.

Just my opinion, flush it if you wish.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by satnav_c-1

You might want to go back to school and learn how to write in proper sentences, etc.

But thank you for proving my point about the average war supporter.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

Do you really think that all Japanese people talk like that?

I highly doubt we'd ever get close to that. Remember, ALL wars are engineered. WWII was no exception, though it just had that urgency to it that other wars lack. I'm sure it was a picnic for the powers behind it though.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Supporting ones troops are a socialized construct made to produce less dissent and create more unity in the country. In that way, yes, you could say that it is a brainwashing. It's a loose brainwashing, an instilling of ideas early on in America and other similar countries youth. There are much easier things to stick in ones head, like the fabricated concept of the "American Dream."

Also, I don't "support" the troops. They don't need my support, they get my money, that's all the support I'm required to provide. I support the troops about as much as law enforcement, non-volunteer firefighters and trashmen. You are doing a job in the civil services, I don't need to support you, just do the job that you are getting paid to do and continue to do so.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandomPunk

But brainwashing people to support army is very likely but i don't think there are needed subliminal messages and that kind of stuff . They just need to have old good ignorant people who believes that God is on their side because he likes killing of thousands innocent Muslims and few terrorist and i almost forget to say that president thinks it is right thing to do so it must be.

People are not brainwashed to support the military. Support for the military comes mostly from knowing people who are in the military. I'm sure most people know at least one person who is in the military who they would not want to get killed. You support the people of the military because they are American people just like you, and if they weren't there fighting it could be you.

Fighting for what? Fighting for oil, fighting for the Iraqi people, fighting for liberty, it doesn't matter, you will still support the military because people just like you are there fighting. It has to be something deeper than brainwashing that lends our support to the military, something more like sympathy or gratefulness.

If you have a problem with what the military does, it really isn't the military's fault, it is the government that you have issues with. When someone enlists to join the Army he/she doesn't know what's going to happen 3 years into the future, it might be good, it might be horrendous, but what's important is that he/she is enlisting, because the day when people stop having the heart to enlist is the day when everyone has lost faith in America. So again, you have to have sympathy for the men and women in the military who have to carry out any order that is given to them.

Support for the military doesn't come from what they do, it comes from the fact that they are our people. Sure there was more support for the military during WW2 because the people actually believed in what the military did, but that does not mean support for the men and women in the military should stop today. It should never stop.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Do you really think that all Japanese people talk like that?

I highly doubt we'd ever get close to that. Remember, ALL wars are engineered. WWII was no exception, though it just had that urgency to it that other wars lack. I'm sure it was a picnic for the powers behind it though.

Thank you for not staying on topic. First of all I don't know why the hell you brought the Japanese into this conversation he was referring to the Chinese because it is the CHINESE economy that is the most rapidly growing in the world and it is the CHINESE that have the biggest population in the world and it is the CHINESE who are Communist. I don't know how you could mix up Japanese and Chinese if it was a joke it wasn't funny and if it was an honest mistake then you should consider reading over your posts before posting because nothing in that last post had anything to do with the topic.

A picnic for the powers behind it. Really. Did you forget to consider that all four of FDR's sons served in the military during World War II? Did you forget to consider that one of Stalin's sons was taken hostage in Germany and another served as a pilot during World War II? Do you think the war was a walk in the park when their sons were out fighting or are all leaders just androids that don't have feelings?

What I'm trying to get across is our soldiers and our leaders, they are human. They don't want lives to be lost.

Now this brainwashing question. If it is true that the media has brainwashed us into supporting our armed forces, hoorah, congradulations for doing something worthwhile and meaningful. I'd rather be brainwashed into supporting our military than our Brads and Angelinas. I do think the media tends to support the military, but I wouldn't call it brainwashing. I'd say they are just appealing to our human side.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by fianna

Originally posted by fianna
I joined the military and it sure as hell wasnt for you. Turn em all to glass.

with that attitude your military service may not last too long.

you joined the service but you do not serve others?

after 11 years in the service, i know you may have a rough time conforming to expectations with that attitude.

cheer up killer. help keep our ATS fun, ok?

thanks,
et

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Whether it's a conspiracy or just coincidence we're all getting hit with the nonsensical pride that eventually leads to cheerleading when your government bombs a village.

It's at every school pep-rally. Every little league game. Every sporting event minor or major.

At the root of it why am I supposed to have some inante pride in my school? My address put me here. Is this school really better than that other one we're apparently rivals with? Can anyone give me a reason other than "just heecause?"

Same thing with adults as major league sports fans. 99.9% of the time your a fan based on nothing more than geography. What's the value in that?

So when your country which you've been programmer to have pride in for no other reason than this is where you live bombs a village you cheer.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I think that it's because, typically, what's good for your "tribe" is good for you too.

You can support and donate money and time toward another school, country, etc., but how does that help you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join