It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We should pay China back.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

We should pay China back.

Raise tariffs on their slave labor products will make it FAR easier to not take borrow from them since we can tax NEARLY EVERYTHING we buy...as a majority of it is from China.

Crazy notion...I know. China is in the position it is because of our trade policies.....nothing more.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Who's stopping you from paying your debt in the first place?

You buy the goods, you pay the bill. Simple.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
China has the 2nd biggest economy in the world, and recently reached this point 15 years ahead of what was predicted. So if the trend follows, they will be the leading economy in the world within 10-15 years.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
You post didn't make me go all warm and cosy

So here's the question:

How do you believe we should pay back China for sending poisoned pet food which killed and sickened people's pets ?

And how do you believe we should pay back China for the melamine in the milk ?

How do you think we should repay China for making rip-off copies of pharmaceuticals which cost Western researchers millions of dollars to develop ?

How do you believe we should repay China for ripping off videos, CDs, fashion, cosmetics, etc. etc. which not only push up the price of the the genuine article but also cost Western manufacturers and designers billions of dollar annually

And finally, how do you believe we should repay China for taking millions of jobs from the West ?

Before you make a statement like this, you should ask yourself,

Who was responsible for the flu-vaccin ?
who was responisble for the man made HIV?
Who was responsible for the Hiroshima bomb?
Who was responsible for the France revolution?
Who was responsible for killing the indians and took over the place?
who was responsible for 9/11?
who was responsible for polio?
who was responsible for slavery?
who was responsible for the killings in iraq and afghanistan
who was responsible for FEMA CAMP?
who was responsible for the so called "alien obductions"
Who was responsible for Al-qaida?
Who was responsible of CIA,FBI?
who was responsible for the drug-dealing?
who was responsible for many lies in the government trough manipulation and misguidance?
who was responsible for the system?

I think that many knows that USA is not that innocent...
So before you attack China or other countries, you should read your history.
I myself am not a chinese, i am a kurd...
And by the way, who came to iraq to use the Kurds oil?

edit on 17-9-2010 by cleveract because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
www.cnbc.com...

China isn't our #1 debt holder.
15. Taiwan $126.9 B
14. Hong Kong $151.8 B
13. Caribbean Banking Centers $153.2 B
12. Brazil $164.3 B
11. Depository Institutions (Banks, etc.) $206.6 B
10. Isnurance Companies $235.7 B
9. Oil Exporters (Ecuador, Venezuela, Indonesia, Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Algeria, Gabon, Libya, and Nigeria) $239.9 B (Most Disturbing in my opinion)
8. United Kingdom $321.2 B
7. Pension Funds $513.1 B
6. State and Local Govts $531.3 B
5. Mutual Funds $663.9 B
4. Japan $795.5 B
3. China $900.2 B
2. Other Investors/Savings Bonds (individuals, government-sponsored enterprises, brokers and dealers, bank personal trusts, estates, savings bonds, corporate and non-corporate businesses ) $1.193 Trillion
1. Federal Reserve and Intragovernmental Holdings $5.259 Trillion.

According to this graphic, the total debt at the time of the article was $11.5 Trillion.

Of that $11.5 Trillion, the foreign held portion was only $2.8 Trillion. Of that $2.8, only $0.9 Trillion was China.

In other words, less than 10% of our total indebtedness is to China. Approximately 25% is to foreign investors, and 75% is to Mutual Funds, Savings Bond holders, Pensioners, State Governments, and Corporations.

If that graphic is true, then the exorbitant interest that the government pays on its debt, at least goes back into the economy and helps to support the taxpayers.

China's T-bills are the least of our worries. We need to focus our attention on stopping the extra spending, and making the government live within its means. Everything else will take care of itself.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I have a far simplier idea than paying China back.

Forgive all international debts.

United States...you go first.

Sadly, if the US did start something like this, I would be all over my government to follow suit, as it would make the world a much better place. But, alas, the elite masters will never let this come to pass.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

What difference would any of that make?

It isn't like Somalia or the Congo is impoverished because of high interest loans from developed countries, and it isn't like they are rushing to collect their debts.

China is not going to invade the US to collect their ransom. The UK is not going to revoke the Constitution of the US. The US did not invade Iraq over unpaid loans.

This is all a giant shell game that helps to "cook the books" and play out public relations. In times of disasters politicians throw out meaningless billion dollar figures to show how much they care. At election time they throw the same numbers at their opponents to show how much they don't care. Wall Street tosses them out as needed to stabilize, energize, or temper the market and keep control.

No money ever changes hands. These are just numbers on a page and headlines in the press. What good would it really do to send $1 B to Haiti or Sumatra after a disaster? They don't need cash, they need water, food, and infrastructure rebuilt. The cash is worthless anyway. Now if we pledged a loan of commodities and trained labor force, then that would be something! That would be impressive and helpful!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I think it would make a HUGE difference.

In one of the most important areas that never seems to get much attention.

Goodwill amongst countries.

I know forgiving all international debt does nothing to stop a systematic problem, it will just happen again unless we fix the system.

But, I do think that if the level of goodwill is increased between countries, it would be much easier to change and implement systems that actual work to benefit all people.

Like a wise man once said, " you can't be friends with someone you hold power over." (Can't remember who said this).

So if we start getting rid of the things we use as "power" over others, maybe we can start to actually be friends, and start solving problems.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join