It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rap News - Must See

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Love it! Pure genius.

This is refreshing and creative. I had a smile on my face the whole time while watching. Thanks OP.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Is this the rapper 'the streets', a UK rapper? It sounds like him. I had his CD back a few years ago, eventhough I don't really listen to rap, that guy is funny and has some good songs.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
this has got to be the finest rap i've heard in 15 years. he should start making albums, i would definitely buy and play it in my car with humungous speakers.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

I believe it's this same guy, no?

If it is, then he has a CD out. His name is "the streets". However, I'm not too sure. They look a little different, though this video is older, much older.

--airspoon

[edit on 20-8-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
Is this the rapper 'the streets', a UK rapper? It sounds like him. I had his CD back a few years ago, eventhough I don't really listen to rap, that guy is funny and has some good songs.

--airspoon

This will show you who they are and explain a little bit about the structure of their art.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I subscribed, the guy is very talented ....

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Why does everyone keep suggesting Immortal Technique, his voice is WAY worse IMO and their topics are just whack. Personally I don't enjoy rap music that focus on violence and we'll just being offensive. Song's about gang rapping your own mom through her broken jaw are just not cool

Unless you want to feel sick after your listening I recommend skipping over the Immortal Technique suggestions.

just my 2.0, if your an Immortal Technique fan my appologies but people need to be warned before they go listening and expecting something dope like the OP showed us and end up with garbage.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
reply to post by DOADOA

I believe it's this same guy, no?

If it is, then he has a CD out. His name is "the streets". However, I'm not too sure. They look a little different, though this video is older, much older.

--airspoon

[edit on 20-8-2010 by airspoon]

hmm, i do not believe it is the same genius. the rap news fellow lyrics are much more sophisticated. his choice of words are incredible might i add.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by DOADOA]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
its very impressive how they mix the topics in a very intelligent way with the media. bravo to them. hes spot on with his message as well.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GummB
Song's about gang rapping your own mom through her broken jaw are just not cool

I guess you misunderstood that whole song then. It's not just about raping your own mom. Besides that wasn't his mom.

Edit
Oh and to comment on your earlier edit. I don't disagree with you on the eminem accent, he overdid it way too much, which is why relapse is easily his worst album. Not to take away any of the lyrical genius that is Eminem.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Stuffed]

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Stuffed]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I think the guy's voice is PERFECT for his thing called "rap news" ... very well made

its amazing in my opinion

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I'm not into rap at all and was reluctant to even watch the vids, but after seeing the first one I had to watch the all - absolutely brilliant.

Thanks for posting - I'll be seeking more of these forsure.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
These are really good. This guy has real talent despite the haters in this thread. I'm looking forward to more.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Is it bad that I find this more informative and creative than the conspiracy chicks? Something about that show makes my skin crawl. Like an pedophile uncle everybody thinks is awesome but there is just something not quite right about them. Anyway I don't get that from this show. It's unbiased and creative. 10 out of 10 from me.

An example that you don't need flashy slides and any production. Look forward to more news. Thanks OP S&F

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
ROTFLMFAO

s&f. and thank you.

lurking pays off! (sometimes and quite randomly)

2nd line /; (

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Nice to see people are really enjoying these, I knew they would be appreciated here on ATS.

reply to post by airspoon

Thanks for that clip, although I don't think it's the same guy(s), I always did want to see the film clip to that song, it's hilarious.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GummB

Some of us would rather listen to songs with violence over lil wayne BS about girls, money, drugs, killing (yeah almost all rap contains violence). So i don't see what the big deal is...If you cant stand technique don't even bother with vinnie paz hes a beast... Not all techniques songs are good, some are quit awful. These are the few good ones:

Mistakes, leaving the past, F the government, point of no return, caught in a hustle, the cause of death.

You should really consider giving these tracks an ear and beyond the lines about killing the government you would be surprised how deep he really is.

Lowkey is another great artist out of the UK. Hes Iraqi, made a track with technique called voices of the voiceless. Unlike immortal, Lowkey has never talked about killing people but rather promotes peace. Good lowkey tracks are:

Everything must change, voices of the voiceless, tears to laughter (long live Palestine), Something wonderful, Obama nation, Bars for my brother, who really cares, politics remix, one world, trapped in the system, lies, voices in my head, beautiful world.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Thanks for that video dude, very interesting clip about the guys behind rap news. I hope they are still making new episodes, I can't get enough of this $#!@

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

So far I have only listened to the first video, and it's brilliant. I was expecting a guy just"reading" the lyrics, but he actually has a great flow, and the lyrics were very well put together, pretty funny too.

I guess, the british accent may put some people off, especially when used to American rap.

Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Stuffed

I actually really enjoyed Relapse, the lyrical content may not have been very deep, and it was just plain crazy, but his flows and rhyming skemes were off the hook, imo.

His accents made words rhyme that don't even rhyme, wich was brilliant.

I think Encore was the worst, only liked Mosh and Mockingbird of that album.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by Ambient Rambo]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join