It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does it matter if Obama is a Christian or a Muslim?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Personally, I don't think so. There are so many languages and so many forms of understanding.

I don't care what he believes in.

Well, take care. ----------PC

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by chorizo4

no, it does not really matter. but, maybe it does matter to seperatists.

Personally, i would appreciate it if my president does have empathy and diplomatic reverences for our global allies and our global enemies as well.

Let us not forget that the first country to acknowledge and recognize America's independence as a sovereign nation was a prodominantly muslim nation. So, America's first ally was an Isamic country.

Star & Flag, and i gots a star in store for you for your next post here.

keep ATS fun,
et

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Hmmm maybe not, but then I would wonder why the deception? That could be looked at in a lot of different ways. I would view this as he lied to get voted in. I dont think it would effect how the nation would be run. He doesn't really control anything anyway.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I think the things he does and has done show that he is more likely an athiest just from observing all the things he has done before and after the election....

The label of being part of some religion is less important than the actions of a person in my opinion...

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Doesn't matter to me.

IMO, Americans elected him knowing there was a possibility he might be Muslim.

Besides, what Muslim policy has he implemented. Everything he has signed off on has been for Americans.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
The label of being part of some religion is less important than the actions of a person in my opinion...

Great observation. Nobody ever pays attention to what the other hand is doing. Actions do speak louder than words

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

It sure as hell does matter...he's a human being before anything else, and his beliefs will indeed affect his decision making process - good or bad.

You may question this - but that would only support my view.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

It sure as hell does matter...he's a human being before anything else, and his beliefs will indeed affect his decision making process - good or bad.

it is the same destination, whether Christian or Muslim.

the only difference is where one started, and the path they took to get to the destination.

don't you think the authors of the bible and the koran and the torah are the same, related, or listening to the same source?

then explain to me how it is that chapter 9 verse 11 of the koran manages to say the exact opposite of chapter 11 verse 9 of the torah, please.

there are many correlations (although maybe encoded/encrypted) between the holy books, i think. And peoples' spiritual and religious and social beliefs do affect the development and evolution of our languages, i believe.

or do you expect me to believe this is random coincidence?

where god is
same letters as:
Gee, words. Hi!

usama bin laden
same letters as:
abuse mainland

messiah's summed mojo
same letters as:
moses, jesus, mohommid

patrick stewart
same letters as:
Star Trek Capt. (if we turn the "w" upside down into a "m".

just some "random" coincidences, perhaps.

i hope this is not too off topic, but differences in religious and spiritual beliefs are resources our leaders and president obama do take in, i think.

thanks for sharing how you feel though,
et

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

the only difference is where one started, and the path they took to get to the destination.

don't you think the authors of the bible and the koran and the torah are the same?

then explain to me how it is that chapter 9 verse 11 of the koran manages to say the exact opposite of chapter 11 verse 9 of the torah, please.

What makes you think/assume that he knows this or even cares..?

We are talking about whether or not the ideology he subscribes to affects him in some way.

Be it his decision making process, cultural approach, or sociological outlook, the assumption that his beliefs play a part in any of this is what matters.

Not whether some alphabet game is being played out. Go start your own goddamn thread regarding that and have at it.

BTW - Here is the watered down response from the OP to his own thread:

Personally, I don't think so. There are so many languages and so many forms of understanding.

I don't care what he believes in.

Well, take care. ----------PC

You're confused and making more of this than was intended...

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

The fact that the NWO, Illuminati, and Globalist aims have been derailed would seem to suggest that there are other groups present that do not get air time.

But that is just how I feel.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

And how deos that tie into his beliefs..?

WTF is going on..?

Let's stick with the subject at hand OP, and NOT stray into fringe topics...they may very well be a variable, but you in no way alluded to this in your original post.

*edit for content

[edit on 20-8-2010 by facelift]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
As far as I am concerned, philosophically speaking, it is a moot point.

We know that President Obama was raised in an environment which exposed him to both Christian and Islamic learning. So he's been indoctrinated, to some degree, in both religions.

To me the question is wondering what values or lessons he might have taken from these religions and how he applies them to his leadership of this nation.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
sorry Facelift, i misinterpretted something you had said.

have a great ATS day,
et

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

No. Wall Street puppets come in all flavors.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

You are right. WTF is going on? But remember in the original post I wrote that there were different ways of thinking and understanding.

So my follow up comments seem to make some sense, at least to me.

Anyhow, it is break time for me and I appreciate your thoughtful comments. Crew says take care and pleasant dreams. -------------PC

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

It's pretty cool (and rare) when members can agree to disagree...

Too often we want blood rather than acknowledgment - you did the opposite.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by facelift

shhh! Don't tell too many people, but i make mistakes sometimes

that was me just reading something wrong, and not elaborating enough in my post as to what it was i was speaking about.

thanks for your understanding and tolerance.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
i think it would be messed up if Obama covered up the fact that he is a muslim. i wouldnt mind if he was a muslim but i do mind if he lied and was a fake christian only to get elected. i guess all presidents lie at one point or another but this would be a HUGE lie. i guess it doesent really matter in the big picture that being tptb are the ones really calling the shots.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Nope.

Not at all.

I'm still not even sure why it's an issue to begin with. He'd probably be put on the stake by Conservatives if he were Muslim, and for a political group quick to stand-up for the constitution, its a little odd that they probably haven't read it.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
How else can you rile up hatred against muslims, a president who doesn't listen to his masters, as well as distract from those who are intentionally ruining the economy and putting it all on the taxpayers?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join