It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leave the Past. The Time is Now!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

You bring up excellent points but in the words of rapper Immortal Technique:

Niggas talk about change and working within the system to achieve that. The problem with always being a conformist is that when you try to change the system from within, it's not you who changes the system; it's the system that will eventually change you. There is usually nothing wrong with compromise in a situation, but compromising yourself in a situation is another story completely, and I have seen this happen long enough in the few years that I've been alive to know that it's a serious problem.
-Poverty of Philosophy

Nothing personal against you, just thought it was a nice time to bring up that song.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
even the membership here (where ignorance is supposed to be denied) are subject to the machinations of control used on the masses, thus as soon as the power structure is in any real danger our efforts could be derailed by the broken justice system.

Though I still try when I muster the resolve and I will fight with every ounce of energy in my body I feel like I'm smashing my head into a brick wall.

I personally don't feel we'll win this battle and when I close my eyes, I pray for comets.

I have to agree with this portion of your post and I too pray for an end to the insanity! The problem then becomes one like depicted in the movie "Shutter Island", where you question who was really insane in the end and did he give up because he knew he simply couldn't win against his insane captors?! Or was he really the one who was insane(See the movie if you haven't, it's quite deep and I find new things every time I watch it)!?

This evening I had a shocking conversation with my 75 year old neighbor lady! First, you must understand that we recently moved here and she brought us over a pineapple upside down cake, they have let us borrow their mower, they get my 7 yr old off to school in the morning for us and they LOVE to talk. Ok so, we were talking about my sons going to school and the new "Biometric " fingerprint scanner the school cafeterias are uysing to track points of sale and meal selections. She got so angry her face turned red, I mean this adorable older lady was highly upset about this and that almost made me giggle (it was cute, really).

After we discussed that, we got into a variety of topics i.e.; Obama bringing the troops home, government cover-ups/corruption, lack of jobs and the state of the economy. We agreed on almost everything, which wasn't nearly as shocking as what she said next: "One day the whole system is going to implode on itself and you had best be ready. Eddy (her husband) and I have stocked up on water and non perishables. You should get a generator and do the same. But, when everything goes haywire, just know money won't be any good, so you'ld better have things for barter and trade"!!!!!!!!

WHOA, this is my 75 year old neighbor, I was SHOCKED!! So, even though I had that bad experience Saturday night, I this one last night. I didn't even say that much, it just sorta happened.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by IrishCream]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by IrishCream

Whoa that's awesome! I knew older people have an idea of what's going on... they've seen things happen too. But that's awesome to know that a loving family which lives right by you is preparing and helping you prepare!

I didn't know cafeterias were starting to do that! So weird...just wait. Once they get the next generation to accept it, it'll become commonplace and have many more applications.

Btw, Shutter Island is a great movie, no matter what the critics say. It's really deep and I still don't know if he was really insane from the beginning. Although I'd like to side with the idea that he wasn't.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I'm happy to here that people are getting ready and getting the word out that we all need to prepare. And u pissed off a vet props for being alive.

Ur not the only one with troubles though even on a college campus its amazing how many people i talk to and watch the truth go in one ear and out the other. I talk to a girl the other day about 9/11 and brought her my laptop with three different sources to prove what we already know happened and she told me it was all lies as she stared at my lab top CLOSED!
What u gonna do when sheeple wont even look at the evidence?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Greetings my Brothers and Sisters,

I am glad to see so many hungering for something better.

I know the way and the way is love.

We must learn again that we are all the same at our very being.

We must learn again that that being wants Love and nothing more.

We must learn to give it, that we may receive it.

We must stop judging each other and start loving each other.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

More than a moral, it is the only way people as diverse as we are can survive without seeking to destroy each other. No law by man can do this.

Only this one God given, or if you prefer, natural law applies to us all.

In it, forgiveness is demanded of each other, and love is the sole requirement.

I know the way. Heaven, Nirvana, Shangrila, peace, call it what you will, but I know how to get there.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Hello friends, I'm just stopping by to check the thread's "progress" and give you all a short update (since it hasn't been that long, it will be short)!

My husband and I are still talking openly when ever these types of subjects come up, which includes bringing them up when conversations veer, even slightly, that way!! I trained a new girl at work last week and discovered that her whole family is preparing as well. Although, their version of preparing is a little different than our version and they by no means talk to others. They are very "Hatfield and McCoy" in the way that they own a piece of land and will do what ever is necessary to protect that. They are very anti-establishment/government and wouldn't hesitate to take out anyone who trespassed or even did them wrong. So, that's a little extreme in my eyes, but she honestly is a very nice girl lol!

We are still storing up food, clothing, water and so on (like why would we stop, right?
) and again, I was just checking in!

Also, IAMIAM, I agree with you 100% (except for the slight religious fervor with which you said it)! I read a bumpersticker a few weeks ago that said "When the power of LOVE outweighs the love of POWER, the world will know PEACE"!!

Love and Peace all!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I understand your reservations about the religious fervor of my sentiment. For me I cannot escape it. Everything is religious to me, even that Hendrix quote you used.

Here is my idea and it is something even we can all agree on, religious, atheist, spiritualist alike.

Being awake is a confusing, maybe even terrifying experience to some, to others it is pure Joy, a liberation of the soul.

What comes with being "Awake" is the realisation that you are responsible for your own actions. What do you do with this new power. It is so awesome, one might think it best to put it back in its box and continue letting others guide their life.

Here is your instruction manual.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

This isn't a religious creed. It is the basic Truth on which all religions were formed, and later corrupted by man. It is a scientific fact that when two opposing forces collide, their destruction is inevitable. Man, each of us, is a destructive force without adherence to this basic truth. It is the purpose of our free Will. We must choose to give each other room for all of our perspectives and respect each other. As a species dependant on each for our survival, it is more than respect. We must love each other as we love ourselves.

Do you not feel it in your core? Do you not want to be loved above all else?

It is the tie that binds us. It is the string that makes us one. Religiously or scientifically, we all have a part to contribute to our survival.

We are at a pivotal moment in time My Brothers and Sisters. Our awakened state will either destroy us as our untamed passions run wild over this earth. Or we can subdue them and love each other, throw off our chains of captivity, and proudly proclaim

I AM (your unique self)
King of Kings (Sovereign of yourself amongst sovereigns of themselves)
I am here to reclaim my Kingdom (Free of the governments and judgements which have bound you for ages).

Think on it Brothers and Sisters

Can we do better than what we have done so far?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I have read this twice in two separate threads. I hear your message. Im waiting.......

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
IrishCream, that is extreme. (hey that rhymes!
)

IAMIAM, we feel your sentiments. there is many in the one and to each his own kingdom. thanks for the sentiments, but this thread's purpose is to share experiences of awakening and revolution. have you had any recent experiences with people who deny ignorance or people who deny truth?

getinout... how's the 9/11 topic with that girl going?

[edit on 8-9-2010 by prepared4truth]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by getinout?
reply to post by IAMIAM

I have read this twice in two separate threads. I hear your message. Im waiting.......

My applogies Brother,

So many threads with similar topics, all with different visitors.

Yall are too dang spread out!

Just trying to reach everyone.

I start a seperate thread soon with the plan.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by prepared4truth
IAMIAM, we feel your sentiments. there is many in the one and to each his own kingdom. thanks for the sentiments, but this thread's purpose is to share experiences of awakening and revolution. have you had any recent experiences with people who deny ignorance or people who deny truth?

Oh yes indeed my Brother. Every where I go. People know there is something better. People want that something better. People are screaming for something better.

Yet they are having a hard time letting go of their preconceived ideas of what that something better should be.

You mention heaven, people think of a world outside their bodies.

You had that world before you decided to step into your body!

We came here to experience this!

We can make it better, and we will.

I have a plan, I am just trying to get everyone focused on what will need to be done to put the plan in place.

Everyone must be prepared, to forgive, and let live everyone.

Too much hate and judgement right now.

But, I do have a plan. One that can work. One that will work.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I've been trying for years to get people to listen. The truth of the matter is they are brainwashed. I'm just ridiculed and laughed at. No one listens. They just continue complaining about having to go to work on Monday morning and rejoicing Friday's arrival. I'm afraid I have given up on trying to spread the word.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I believe any effort at opening eyes is a valiant act of kindness, but often like IrishCream described it can be disheartening and can create some risk.

To Irish: I have been in this position. When someone shows themselves to be "explosively reactive" to a subject I will turn off completely. I will not be subjugated by a "non-believer" if they cannot cope with opening a door partially enough to hear another viewpoint. I hope you keep this guy out of your life; the girl probably wishes she had more friends.

The older neighbor who shocked you almost reminded me of my landlady. She is in her 70s and her husband just died this past December. He was the "nice" one who always was realistic and approachable to any ideas, she was the scowling face that often preceded her ability to demean and put things in a negative light. Even if you told her bad news she would find worse news to counter it. If you told her good news she demeaned it. Well, I tried to open to her because now he is gone. We sat all Spring trading plant seeds, cuttings, and I even turned some gardening beds for her. I managed to open up in conversation with her about all the mess that is happening in this World and how I feel we should all prepare. She lit up and seemed suddenly a real person. She mentioned her guns! She even bragged on how stocked-up her pantry is (she had to show it off). I told her that we shouldn't brag, but she gloated and glowed about it all. Overall, I felt more comfortable with her and I began to trust her for the first time. I really felt that if things got nasty that she just might be at my side in all of this; but I was so dead wrong. I finally discovered once and for all that she has no feelings outside of herself. She may seem "awake" but she is not "Aware" by any means. To me she might be "old school" and practical in matters of doing things the old way, but she is nothing more than a selfish person that put herself before others. I refuse to talk to her any more.

I think there is a big difference here. I am finding all kinds of people that do see the truth, but they do not feel the truth. Can they imagine a better world? No, they just know that no one will take from them what they feel they deserve. Can they imagine helping others they do not know when these times come? I highly doubt it. So without the awareness of Spirit it is all senseless and selfish.

I do not even bother to open anyone any more. I am leaving the pain to do its work. I am putting this to a Higher Power and remain faithful that I will be directed to be where I am most needed when that time comes. In the meantime, I will allow ATS to serve as a great medium for News and new ideas, and bad ones too.

I feel bad that S will HTF, and that things will become very ugly and very violent. People will see things they never thought possible of their fellow humans. It seems so senseless but there is nothing any of us can do about it. Oddly yet, the monsters in charge haven't even lost control, they always get desperate in the end, and they are all acting comfortable right now. Soon folks will wake to a day when we see the Leaders and Money Mongers racing to get out of the Country then they will remember hearing the same things we all heard. It will all make sense that it was a Money Dump not a Stimulus that was occurring; they redistributed the wealth just like they said they would! Soon a ton of resignations will probably happen, retirements, replacements; the shift to safer ground will be subtle but evident.

Always remember that our Greatest Teachers teach us how Not to be! We are truly surrounded by the Greatest of them all.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by stellawayten
I've been trying for years to get people to listen. The truth of the matter is they are brainwashed. I'm just ridiculed and laughed at. No one listens. They just continue complaining about having to go to work on Monday morning and rejoicing Friday's arrival. I'm afraid I have given up on trying to spread the word.

My Brother,

You can only open peoples eyes with love. When you do it with love, you expect nothing in return. When you do it with love, their ridicules are like a newborn baby crying for milk. They cannot help their reaction. Love them, and love them, and love them some more. If they reject what they see, let them reject it. But Love them still.

We all have our limits of abuse.

I do not.

If you need to rest and refresh yourself my Brother, rest and worry not about it. Do the best that you can do in Love, and nothing more.

I will carry on in your stead, while you rest.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Originally posted by stellawayten
You can only open peoples eyes with love. When you do it with love, you expect nothing in return. When you do it with love, their ridicules are like a newborn baby crying for milk. They cannot help their reaction. Love them, and love them, and love them some more. If they reject what they see, let them reject it. But Love them still.

Good to see some else out there that cares and loves unconditionally. Do let me know when you post your plan i would very much like to read it.

prepared4truth,
She to cute to fight with haha but i will get there.

Any one have some suggestions on where to start when giving information to people? 9/11 seems to spark anger in alot of people and i would think if everyone knew how bull s money today is they might just kill themselves which would not be good.

edit on by getinout? because: put every thing in to a quote

edit on by getinout? because: all a quote

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by getinout?

well when you approach somebody, conspiracy theory probably shouldn't be forefront of your mind. but if the person brings up a concerning issue about the world, simply discuss what you know about the subject and move the conversation to whatever you want. if they don't want to follow, you can't really force them and it wouldn't be a good idea to keep pressing.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by getinout?

My Brother,

We are so divided on issues, I wouldn't start anywhere. They are pissed, and they are tired, and they know they are being beat down. Leave it at that and maybe show them the plan.

I have a link to the plan at the bottom of this post.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I personally think that "starting a conversation" to open someone's eyes is almost an art form if you will. Like most anything else it takes practice and no matter how often you do this, you will still have shocking moments that take you by surprise lol! I am still learning myself and so I never take the approach of someone who is "Awake" or more in-the-know than the person I am talking to. No matter their age or social standing/status, I talk to each person as a peer. So, take an ordinary conversation i.e. "It's a beautiful day" and follow that with something like; "Yeah, it's amazing how different the weather is from this time last year, don't you think?" That way you can direct the conversation into a more aware and invormative direction. Does that make sense?!

Also, just reading over the latest posts has got me thinking, there seems to be a nifty little group of ATSers in this thread and we're all communicating very well. We're asking and answering questions, being supportive and there has been absolutely none of the typical negative back and forth we see so regularly on here. When the inevitable Big Event/s happen, I hope to be surrounded with people who work this well together
!

Now I don't really see this happening, but in order for it to even be close, we must master the art form of education! We all want the same thing; people's eyes to open to the realities of our current state of affairs locally and around the Globe. I know that we can do this, however, we should also know when to fold. The stark reality is that many people will never open their eyes, they will never see the truth, that's why it is projected that so many will surely die! I think we need to alternately prepare ourselves for that event. Many people that we know and interact with on a regular basis right now in life will simply not make it through the next phase, the transition.

This is the one fact that scares the bejeezus out of my 14 yr old, he is terrified of all the death and destruction that is on the horizon and he has been for a few years now! One of my main goals is making my children understand that 'Something Wicked This Way Comes' without turning them into paranoid schitzophrenics lol! And as you say IAMIAM, we need to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!! This love must be unconditional while being realistic. Not everyone is going to be open to how open we are towards them and towards the truth, that's when we need to back off and love them from a safe distance ha ha, because we need to make it through this ourselves, ya know?!

And as a side note to you my brother IAMIAM, I am very put off by the mere term "religious"! Religion is a trap, a controlling mechanism put in place by TPTB and I refuse to participate!! HOWEVER, Spirituality is a whole other story! Namaste (the 'God' in me bows to the 'God' in you) my brother

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by IrishCream
And as a side note to you my brother IAMIAM, I am very put off by the mere term "religious"! Religion is a trap, a controlling mechanism put in place by TPTB and I refuse to participate!! HOWEVER, Spirituality is a whole other story! Namaste (the 'God' in me bows to the 'God' in you) my brother

Wha wha what!!!!

Where did religion come in. Did I mistype something. Point it out that I may strike it from the Akashic record immediately!!!

edit on 8-9-2010 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I wouldn't go out and do this for a few reasons...

You speak as if we do know the truth, I would say we don't even know half of it. How can you go and tell someone to believe something when you yourself can not say for sure if it is the truth? Yes, we can speculate that 9/11 was an inside job and I will not argue that but you are then sending people on a wild goose chase. Most of the conspiracy do in fact point to those with Israeli interests but that could be another conspiracy in itself.

Consider that we here at ATS aren't even half way up the mountain. We, "truth seekers" can't even agree on half of the content that is posted here. When people ask you, "how do you know all of this, how are you so informed on all this?". Will you you refer them to ATS, where they will find a literary battlefield, full of skepticism and debate on all the topics you just told them the "truth" of?

Forcing an idea or view point is just as bad as what "tptb" are doing and in the case of what you would be telling them, perhaps even harmful as they will be unknowingly bombarded with thousands of different views of the "truth", where as they have been used to being spoon fed by main stream sources.

Ask yourself how you found ATS? What brought you here? I am guessing a resentful and curious mind. For me it was actually after I just thought "I wonder what Iran's news looks like" and I found PressTv. After finding out about "alternative news" I randomly went to one site and read the story of James Casbolt and Credo Mutwa, and I couldn't have been more terrified. I eventually stumbled on to ATS and have been here since, which was right around the time of the Norway spiral.

You shouldn't have to come out and flat out tell people the way they are living isn't right. For some people, it might just be they aren't enlightened enough to even remotely comprehend it. Not seeing the "truth" may actually part of their current spiritual incarnation. Who are we to try and guide someone on a path to "truth" when we aren't even there yet? I would encourage all of ATS to try and nudge people in the right direction with subtle hints, but flat out telling them "YOU ARE BEING LIED TO" will only cause just as much confusion and harm as truth and enlightenment.

Peace

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join