It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S. is continuing to fund the Islamic militants through Pakistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
As we all know the Taliban would not be what they are today without the aid, training, and monetary assistance of the U.S. Government. With the current flooding situation in Pakistan the Pakistani government is afraid that "militant groups will exploit the flood". This article is from teh Washington examiner newspaper. Also in the Examiner an article titled "White house vows more aid to flood ravaged Pakistan".

In my opinion this looks like a great way for TPTB to continue to fund the militant groups with the publics approval. Seems like a rather poor excuse for a shell game. I do not for one belive that the United States should be providing such large sums of money to this republic until such time as the Pakistani government is able to show where they need the money to go and how it will be spent.

This government is already known to be unstable at best and now with foreign aid pouring in these militant groups will have the money and time they need to regroup and come back stronger. Not to mention the article states that the militant groups will probably kidnap the orphans from the flooding and train them to be militant operatives as well.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I just don't get it

we are 3 trillion in debt
have 8 million unemployed
tent cities
foreclosures increase every month
lack of basic health care for most
small businesses failing
22 mile long oil plume in the GOM
Social Security failing

and yet we have excess cash to send to