It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Extraterrestrials Like Our Music And Art

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Why Extraterrestrials Like Our Music And Art

www.forbes.com

One would think that if an alien race were to contact us, it would want to talk about Albert Einstein's theory of relativity or Stephen Hawking's idea of quantum gravity. Not so, says a panel of scientists who recently met to discuss the search for extraterrestrial life. These experts say that any space travelers would be so far ahead of us in technology that our musings would be of little interest to them. Instead, as Space.com reports, aliens would be much more interested in our art and music.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Ok, so who is this "panel of scientists" and why aren't they curing AIDS?

On a serious note, if aliens do strike an interest with Earth and look to visit, I'd be much more inclined to believe it'd be for our resources or other means of exploitation. Where's Hawkings when you need him?

Oh wait, here he is:

Not all experts agree that alien contact would be so pleasant. Astrophysicist Hawking has famously pointed out that alien contact would be too risky. According to Hawking, aliens landing on Earth would be like Christopher Columbus arriving in the Americas--a meeting that went horribly wrong for Native Americans.

I would like to think that an alien visitation would be a humanitarian... err... inter/extra(?)-humanitarian one. But if evolved species are in any way similar to the human ones, I'd be suspicious of their intent. The Homo-Sapien Reservation would be a likely title.

www.forbes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[grammatical edit]

[edit on 19-8-2010 by misinformational]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I think there is credence to this theory.

And I agree extra-terrestrials would be friendly and/or indifferent towards us.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
They would just have to respect Mr. Frank Zappa.
Have to. Haaaaave Toooooo.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I think I'd be like the movie Contact. To think they'd harm us or even be indifferent, I don't think that'd be the case. I think they'd find all life of the highest importance, but maybe that's just being too optimistic.
Art and music isn't something that any amount of tech can really create.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

Ah, but what is the larger purpose of our searching for "Earth-like" planets? Are we looking to find extraterrestrial life or are we looking for a new home?

If your answer is the latter, then why wouldn't other evolved species have the same intent?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by misinformational
Ok, so who is the "panel of scientists" and why aren't they curing AIDS

Who cares about the godless homosexuals?[/sarcasm]

I guess I kinda disagree. We certainly seem to be entranced with primitive cultures that "modern" man finds in say, the Amazon rainforests. I would imagine an alien race would be interested in our quaint little ways of doing things and our inabilities to get along (assuming there are alien civilizations ... and they do get along). I would think all of our silly religions would be amusing, all of our languages and our history. I've always thought ETs would be so amused at our so-called search for extra-terrestrials as if searching some part of some communication spectrum was even a tiny bit reasonable as methodology.

On the other hand, you'd think any alien civilization advanced enough to get to us would be able to soak up everything about us in a few seconds with their bodacious abilities ... so maybe they would get bored and move on.

I don't know how advanced alien civilizations would feel about observing/helping primitive ones. It seems we pretend like we ignore them, but then we kinda exploit them, too and make TV shows about them, with a subtext of how retarded some of their ways of life are (and they are). But it's not like we, as a rule, descend in with iPods, microwaves and personal meditation fountains.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I think we like their art - we have enough ET's, UFO's, etc to fill a state. Take a look at all the avatars just on ATS. Yea, well they are cool!!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Well if Voyager 1 ever got picked up by any extra terrestrials then here is a list of the music that was sent into space with it.

Interesting to see Chuck berry on there

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Of course they Love the Arts and Entertainment Industry, because they are not Extraterrestrial in that they are not from 'Outer Space', they are from 'Inner Space'.

ETs are Demons. They exist here through ritual, indoctrination, and magik. They are from Hell (a name only fitting their own reality), and they wish to infiltrate and corrupt this Universe and they have no problems poisoning us through us, killing us through us, and destroying all to accommodate their needs. We are just instruments to them!

Soon, of course, the time is nearing when they will be cast back into their realm and all that are attached to them go with them. We are their attachments if our desires and needs encompass lies, deceit, and that which has brought them forth.

Wake up Sheeple! You are all Possessed and you are all going to go to Demonville if you do not stop lying to yourself and others. Even a half-truth is a Lie. Begin to speak only the Truth and nothing but the Truth and let the Demons go! It is all you can do for yourself, "The Truth will Set you Free".

Edited to add this link to a new ATS post on our Wonderful Entertainment Industry! This is exactly what those ET Love us for, to open up to them!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8/19/2010 by Greensage]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Got a source for that?

Seriously though - unless you've peaked behind the curtain, it's all speculation. I have yet to see a shred of convincing evidence that this planet has been visited - past or present, alien or demon.

Sure, there's been accounts that swear it and even evidence that somewhat suggests it - but nothing conclusive or even near - be it highly evolved or biblical.

I think its likely, even probable that life exists in the cosmos. But I also thinks its easy to forget how awesomely infinite (or not) our universe is.

[grammatical edit]

[edit on 19-8-2010 by misinformational]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Do you know how mexican artists, or even american artists make music in other languages to appease other cultures ??

Perhaps these aliens are our equivalent of record producers, who come here, record as much music as they can, .... and take it back home to reformulate it for ET tastes and release it ??

Wouldn't it be strange, to hear an Nsync song on another planet, ... like what the hell.

another thing they probably study is us, ... taking specimens and completely dismantling them for scientific research, if we knew what happened to captured abductee's we would prolly vomit, thats another reason they don't make full contact.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
On Hawking:

I really do not believe there is enough justification for such cynicism. Humanity has made huge advancements in human rights and even animal rights. It's hard to imagine an alien race capable of such technology wouldn't have an advanced sense of moral empathy. Even if today we landed on a life-harboring planet, it's hard to imagine human ethics organizations not watching closely on our interaction with alien life forms and their environment.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrAndy
On Hawking:

I really do not believe there is enough justification for such cynicism.

I believe that it's hard not to be cynical of humanity. Look at the genocides that have happened in just the past quarter century: Cambodia, Rwanda, and Darfur. What impact did the human ethics organizations have then?

I do, however, applaud your optimism.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by misinformational]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Well if Voyager 1 ever got picked up by any extra terrestrials then here is a list of the music that was sent into space with it.

Interesting to see Chuck berry on there

At that link you provided, you can also hear the various sounds that were part of the record, like 'wild dog', 'tame dog', earthquakes, volcanoes, etc.'.

Very interesting. I think that we can tell a lot about them by the types of sounds they are attracted to.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by misinformational

Flag and Star (FandS)

I say aliens are among us on TV:
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

i'm thinking they may find us amusing for many reasons.

heck, maybe they got tired of watching their own TV so they somehow introduced enough technology to us so we could broadcast our TV shows outwards into space so they could enjoy Glenn Beck, too?

i wonder what their TV Guide channel selection looks like?

Earth channels, Niburu channels, Alpha Centar Channels, ....

probably way too many commercials.

wonder what they think of our "Music Television"?
maybe they don't know about the lack of music videos, yet?

could spark an intergalactic war.

sorry, i'm in a mood.

thanks for sharing this with us misinformational,
et

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

It sure is nice to have you back around.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

# Bach, Brandenburg Concerto No. 2 in F. First Movement, Munich Bach Orchestra, Karl Richter, conductor. 4:40
# Java, court gamelan, "Kinds of Flowers," recorded by Robert Brown. 4:43
# Senegal, percussion, recorded by Charles Duvelle. 2:08
# Zaire, Pygmy girls' initiation song, recorded by Colin Turnbull. 0:56
# Australia, Aborigine songs, "Morning Star" and "Devil Bird," recorded by Sandra LeBrun Holmes. 1:26
# Mexico, "El Cascabel," performed by Lorenzo Barcelata and the Mariachi México. 3:14
# "Johnny B. Goode," written and performed by Chuck Berry. 2:38
# New Guinea, men's house song, recorded by Robert MacLennan. 1:20
# Japan, shakuhachi, "Tsuru No Sugomori" ("Crane's Nest,") performed by Goro Yamaguchi. 4:51
# Bach, "Gavotte en rondeaux" from the Partita No. 3 in E major for Violin, performed by Arthur Grumiaux. 2:55
# Mozart, The Magic Flute, Queen of the Night aria, no. 14. Edda Moser, soprano. Bavarian State Opera, Munich, Wolfgang Sawallisch, conductor. 2:55
# Georgian S.S.R., chorus, "Tchakrulo," collected by Radio Moscow. 2:18
# Peru, panpipes and drum, collected by Casa de la Cultura, Lima. 0:52
# "Melancholy Blues," performed by Louis Armstrong and his Hot Seven. 3:05

This list is an extremely poor mirror of our cultures. I mean, come on, the list is nearly entirely classical or folk. If it were up to me, I'd give them the same crap I gotta listen to on the radio.

Come on now - "California Girls" is freakin catchy - Aliens would rock it too!

Note to all you old timers - that's Katy Perry not Beach Boys.

[EDIT apparently EX tags can't be in CAPS]

[edit on 20-8-2010 by misinformational]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
As Voyager 1 was launched in September 1977 were lucky it wasn't full of disco music.

In my opinion they should have put the launch off until the end of the month when the theme from Star Wars was number 1 in the US, it would have been much more appropriate.

I agree with you about the Beach Boys Wouldn't it be great to think of aliens rocking out to Surfing Safari while buzzing around in their craft.
A minute of Senegal, percussion, recorded by Charles Duvelle. 2:08 would probably be enough to put me off visiting Earth for life

[edit on 20-8-2010 by davespanners]

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Heres an alien instrument video.
I have one myself, and I believe any life form would love it. I bought a double-side D#13 tankdrum to resonate with the sacral chakra at Tankdrum.com a few months ago and everyone loves it even though I am not the best player. I researched these instruments extensively upon purchasing, and I ended up getting a tankdrum and I am so glad I did! Anyway, here is a link to a drum like mine (not me in the video) in case you would like to hear this "alien" instrument in action.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join