It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American People have become Dishonorable & Unworthy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Americans have become a dishonorable, unworthy people.

A people who through accident of history have been granted the amazingly inspired & beneficial US constitution, throw it away at the first trivial misconception.

Granted they are being puppeted by scurrilous, unspeakable elements & often themselves idiotic & misguided public figurehead-fools,

but that they are so easily derailed, is truly, shatteringly wrong.

The fact that they would
forget that Muslims,
American Muslims,
American Muslim emergency workers were among all those aid workers who rushed in to help the initial 911 victims, only themselves to be crushed & perish in the collapse of the buildings,

is a howling, outrage scandal.

A people, a society, a culture that has come to celebrate the most shockingly trivial, selfish, mercenary, shabby self-aggrandizement,

and to trash & dishonor your forefathers,
their experience,
their struggles to fight for & then craft an honorable, INSPIRED system that aspires to lofty hopes for themselves & all their futures, & most relevantly YOUR futures,

exposes Americans as among the MOST contemptible people on the planet.

You are unworthy of the quite amazing US constitution,
and the personal, the economic, the social benefits it confirs.
And even in the most cold blooded caring for yourself & the place you live, to ILLOGICALLY throw all that benefit away,

is foolish, stupid & idiotic, beyond imagining.

You are untrustworthy in all terms of honor, intent, logic & even simple bean counting.

I would say you are beneath contempt, except that i think there is a discontinuity, & complete break from the spectrum of any kind of thinking regard. You are not even on the scale anymore.

But in a nation where trivial treachery & nastiness is celebrated on numerous 'reality' shows, & Donald Trump & self aggrandizing, vain defrauder of thousands of honest investors, are all wildly popular,

i guess the lowest common denominator has no lower.

Americans have & have allowed themselves to be dug into despicability,
& that number of people who haven't aleady gone there, but don't stand up to voice & cry & attempt to retrieve this, their nation from that ditch,

One can only wonder if they deserve the idiotic, horrific ruin they are inflicting upon themselves.

And many of these things happen over the longer [or not always so longer] time span,
& YOU, your children & your grandchildren can ultimately only be the sorrier & more impoverished for it.

A society launched on inspiration & hope, has instead turned into a treacherous backstabbing petty pack of nasty inhuman dogs. And this would be an insult to most dogs.

It is shameful, it is dishonorable,
& in the end it is stupid & illogical,

it is, if uncorrected, terminal.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I think that your opinion fails to acknowledge the anti-American biases which permeate large sections of the world as well.

Are those nations any better about respecting the status of others?

Bias against a specific group of people is a horrible thing but it is only a symptom of the present and it will pass. Cultural biases always do.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by slank

Don't worry.

America is set to self-destruct shortly.

No society of looting thieves can sustain itself for very long.

History shows us the average time to implosion is 30 years from the date of fiat currency adoption.

We adopted fiat currency in 1969.

We are past due for a total meltdown, which is why the US is scrambling to attack Iran right now to secure the dollar in oil.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by mnemeth1]

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Please.
Maybe you could stop being self righteous for a minute and show us that human nature in America is any different than any other nation, or any other time in history.
Give us an example of a society without prejudice, without stupidity and knee jerk reactions. These are characteristics of human beings, all human beings, not just Americans!
Good God, get off your fake high horse and stop being so damn pompous!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Hefficide,

But we, unlike the vast majority of others on this planet, have been granted an amazing gift.

"To those whom much is given, much should be expected."

The fact that we don't grasp in our brains the benefit that comes to us by the honorable, considerate basis of law & order in this nation,

says we are intellectual rejects of the lowest order.

We aren't even maintaining it for our own, most selfish & LOGICAL purposes.

And that is just mind bogglingly stupid.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by slank

this thread is unworthy
this thread is nothing but baiting.

your not worthy you should be thankful for that piece of paper the constitution was written by men of god.

thats right men of god maybe you should give thanks.

what have men of allah written? sharia law

stark contrast if you ask me...

you can have the last word.

im flushing this thread because in my opinion thats where it belongs.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by slank

The way you use the word "we" bothers me. All Americans are not small minded or bigoted. All Americans are not anti-Islamic. So when you generalize you are doing a great disservice to those who do not fall into this category.

It is easy to get into hyberole on issues, such as this, which trigger and inflame emotions. It is unfortunate that, for some reason, this seems to be part and parcel of the human experience - that we reject what is different and what we don't readily understand. But it happens.

I don't see anti-Islamic sentiment being the death of America at all. No more than anti British, anti Chinese, anti Irish, or anti Russian sentiment was.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Slank,

With all of the observations you've made in this post, I would like to presume that you also have taken the time to come up with some solutions to those problems you've outlined, since this couldn't be just written to rant or bait, right? I mean, there must be something more productive to be had here, so, why must I ask for the rest of the story - the solution - as you see it?

[edit on 19-8-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Our forefathers were men [& women] of experience.

They had lived under tyranny.

That is why they crafted a code of conduct to stop unfettered government tyranny.

If you want to [RE-]impose tyranny upon people under the EXCUSE of 'god', any 'god' of any so-called faith,

then you missed the POINT entirely.

Note to OldDragger:
Yes there are probably organic contributors to this state of events,
& some kind of clinical or aggregate data analysis would, could prove very beneficial.
But one has to point out, for those too blind to see, just what a national train-wreck we have arrived at.

The problem has to be faced on fronts simultaneously.
It needs everyone it can co-opt to its mission.
Brilliant & infinite thinking scientists might be especially beneficial & potentially corrective to it.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by slank

i have nothing original to say, but...

Though you are correct that the petris dish the united states was born from has become overridden with bacteria, that's it.

You offer no solution, no remedy, no outlook that may contribute to a resolution, just crap...crap that is spot on, but crap none the less.

I can only imagine that your life resembles your OP - dull and witless.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
OP, your statement is no more valid than me saying that all muslims are backward, barbaric, murdering haters of women, and cannot be integrated into the culture of any civilized society. It's too much of a generalization pertaining to a certain segment of the population. And if you feel that susceptible populations are not being preyed upon through social engineering consisting of television programming, food additives, GMO foods, and other vehicles of mind manipulation, then you are as misguided as those you criticize.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I hope no one minds, i am glad to see it is engendering responses,

both 'negative' as well as more affirmative.

The 'solution' is for us to learn & understand the proper respect for why we have the particular [type] constitution we have.

Maybe this is a failure of education, both in schools, in society & from the idiotic media streams we are all bombarded with every day.

A code of laws, started as an extension of tyranny,
but in that it standardized expectations of conduct & possible 'state' consequences, it became something more.

It removed arbitrary, venal capriciousness with something one could depend upon. It provided some kind of stable basis of societal operation.

Our basis of laws is the constitution, our US constitution.

This was crafted not by ANY single individual, but by arguably a forum of white men [yes it did exclude women & minorities for the most part].

And while it is not perfect, & has had many shortcomings corrected it was built in direct opposition to British styled colonial tyranny.

One of the great things about it, was that it had the capacity to be amended built into it.

This document was crafted as humble to itself.

As for people who realize that we are having this quite wonderful creation & method pilfered away from us,

We have to speak up & speak out. We have to go a little bit out of our way, because all the spastic, mindless idiots who have no brains will reflexively YELL their insanity LOUDLY & without question,

unless the thinking, honorable, SANE people speak up to at least match it in the public forum.

The rabid dogs will always bark,
the SANE people must make the effort to silence them.

And if in silencing or denouncing me,
you DO quell the rabid dogs,
that is more than fine with me.

I live here & i want it to be a good place to live.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank

I live here & i want it to be a good place to live.

Now this is a statement that I think everybody can agree upon without any disagreement and I second it!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Originally posted by Hefficide

I think that your opinion fails to acknowledge the anti-American biases which permeate large sections of the world as well.

Bias against a specific group of people is a horrible thing but it is only a symptom of the present and it will pass. Cultural biases always do.

It's actually the other way around. The anti-American biases permeating large sections of the world are well founded in experience of US hegemony.

Ask the Mexican corn farmers who were put out of business by NAFTA and subsidized US corn and now have to work in sweatshops either side of the border for a pittance.
Mexican armers protest NAFTA

Ask the Haitian rice farmers who cannot compete against subsidized US rice and now have to work in sweatshops for a pittance.

Ask the Palestinians in Gaza who can see that the weapons being dropped on them by Israeli forces were made in the USA or at least paid for by US money.

Ask the Iraqis, Afghanis, Pakistanis, Somalians and Yemenis whose neighborhoods suddenly disappear in a drone attack.

Ask the Panamanians whose lightly armed defense force was practically wiped out by the awesome and ruthless might of US forces with many soldiers found in mass graves with hands tied behind backs and a single bullet to the head.
The Panama Deception

Ask the ex-residents of Diego Garcia who were kicked off their island homeland so that the US could have sole access for a military base.
Diego Garcia, Swept Clean & Sanitized

Ask anyone in the world whose country is being threatened by the IMF and World Bank (the USA's economic policy enforcement tools) with bankruptcy unless all trade restrictions are dropped allowing foreign (read as American) corporations to take control of resources and markets.
Structural Adjustment—a Major Cause of Poverty

Unfortunately time restricts my list of bias-inducing actions but hopefully you can see my point, whether or not you agree with it.

link   
I have a extremely simple solution to our problems. I did not come up with it myself, as I have seen it work in historical situations.

Freedom.

Thats the solution to our problems.

What are our problems?

Tyranny.

This is actually how to fix our problems. Always has been, always will be.

Not just America but the Entire Earth.

Freedom will fix it.

link   

Two wrongs dont make a right, in America we are supposed to be better than our enemies. At least, thats what they tell us.

You are using the same flawed argument as "The terrorists chop off heads, well we should start doing it too! That'll teach em!" Be better.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Two wrongs dont make a right, in America we are supposed to be better than our enemies. At least, thats what they tell us.

You are using the same flawed argument as "The terrorists chop off heads, well we should start doing it too! That'll teach em!" Be better.

With all due respect here, I think you misunderstand the context or tone of what I said. I by NO means suggested that hate is correct.

What I meant was that you cannot call out the US for being anti Islamic without also calling out those Islamic entities which are anti American.

If two parties fight you cannot single out one and expect to resolve anything.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Wow. Put simply, that was some blanket hate.

Sorry that you feel that way about us, OP.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by gazerstar]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This thread smells to me like another European that has realized they lost the last hope to defeating their own oppression by giving up there arms. The Europeans know that we sill have the means to fight the tyranny afoot.

This is just baiting. They want us to save them, since they don't have the means nor the fortitude.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
i live in a very hispanic neighborhood, there is a mosque nearby. theres a hindu guy
that sells me a beer in the afternoon. me and some of the native americans..
my 1st wife was a mohawk...a real beauty.
i live across from a city park..i keep an eye
on the playground full of mexican kids, some black kids.
.the crazy old vet that yells at his voices. theres an old rv that is sort of
hanging around, they look ok. just drifting through to lord only knows.
i see some tall slim dark folk in the veils an such at the store. so i think they may be
somali refugees..theres some bosnians and serbians around too. i hear the lingo.
and i wander around a small microcosm of america..there doesnt seem to be and problems.( the hindus are worse cheap bastards than the scottish..)
and i think back on the bastard italians i used to work for on a farm.
the little irish guy that sold totsie pops for 2 cents.( i think he
torched the store and retired with the insurance money.)
the poles i worked with at the mill.. the chinese girl that prepared
the best dessert i ever had. that cuban law student affair..sigh.
all the different cultures that i see- flaws and all.
its not exactly a melting pot- but what america has always been- a patchwork
quilt of a flag, that waves over a mess ,that is always being sorted out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join