It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is our purpose here on Earth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
He says this in robot voice,....
What is our purpose here on earth.......
Our purpose is to join facebook and be cataloged
Be a contributing citizen, follow the rules, become part of database.
Conform... Conform... Conform... Conform......

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

Couldn't there be a much more bona fide, irrefutable way to install love and morals in one another on a more humanly connected spiritual level?

I mean most know common sense other's can be taught

I was raised a christian did the katikism did the holy uchrist went to Sunday School, church and then learned how most priests are pedofiles how religion is a crutch for weak individuals, how the church asks for 13-20 % of your salary.
How they put the fear of burning in eternity with some imaginary devil LOL
I dont know about you but most christian churches are whacked they suck you in and steal your money ?
and this is ok?
I didnt want to turn this in to no religious debate but damn man, Religion is REDICULOUS.

You are god like and created in his image, which in turn makes you god, god is within all of us.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Couldn't there be a much more bona fide, irrefutable way to install love and morals in one another on a more humanly connected spiritual level?

I was raised a christian did the katikism did the holy uchrist went to Sunday School, church and then learned how most priests are pedofiles how religion is a crutch for weak individuals, how the church asks for 13-20 % of your salary.
I dont know about you but most christian churches are whacked they suck you in and steal your money ?
and this is ok?
I didnt want to turn this in to no religious debate but damn man, Religion is REDICULOUS.

You are god like and created in his image, which in turn makes you god, god is within all of us.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by seridium

Absolutely. although your OP suggested that you were looking for an answer to your question. apparently you don't like certain answers.

Well from what I have heard, common sense isn't very common, so who's qualified to teach it?

and this is ok?

Agreed. I don't think anybody here is telling you that you have to go to church and give money. In fact show me the post where it says this.
Also I wasn't raised christian, I am a former atheist, and by truth a solipsist it wasn't until about 8 years ago that I decided Christianity was for me.

I can't argue with that at all. However I don't view this as a reason to justify what I do either. There has to be some accountability.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
He says this in robot voice,....
What is our purpose here on earth.......
Our purpose is to join facebook and be cataloged
Be a contributing citizen, follow the rules, become part of database.
Conform... Conform... Conform... Conform......

Yeah I don't think so.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior

Agreed. I don't think anybody here is telling you that you have to go to church and give money. In fact show me the post where it says this.
Also I wasn't raised christian, I am a former atheist, and by truth a solipsist it wasn't until about 8 years ago that I decided Christianity was for me.

Well for starters why a post, just goto a new church one of them big ones they build with laptops laying around on tables everywhere, they usually have a big stage with all kinds of expensive instruments and sound stage equiptment, huge massive parking lots, a day care, Councilor's, these places are massive three went up in my city recently, these places are poping up everywhere because people realize the money to be had, just goto one for a couple weekends you'll see, the one thing I migth add also is that the minions that dwell there are extra friendly and will gladly give you the acceptance you lack to get you involved in there church and donating a portion of your salary, the one here in my city I visited takes a minimum of 11% of your gross pay per month.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

I kinda believe we are here to help one another transend beyond material and the ego, to a wholeness of pure source energy one where as living beings connect to a higher state of conciousness with the help of each other.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The eternal question...

While I do not know the answer, I will share with you what I believe as truths. First and foremost, money is meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Many people worship money as their god but what they do not realize is there is more to this reality than what we can perceive. One will find neither happiness nor peace in money. I believe there is a creator, no, I know that there is. This divine being is above all organized religion. It is eternal and infinite; beyond anything man can possibly comprehend. All things of this earth were created by this being, Animals, humans, plants; we all have life. We are of the same substance and in this way we are all connected.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
You have to know "what" you are before you can discover a purpose in life. If you are just a physical animal with a big brain, then your purpose is to eat, sleep and mate, then you're gone.

If you are a spiritual being, non-material, which seems to be the case if you've ever read about near-death experiences, or if you've ever been exposed to a religion, then your purpose in life will be spiritual in nature. You probably need to focus on your spiritual qualities such as mercy, love, compassion, gaining knowledge, etc.

I had no purpose in life until I became a Baha'i which defines man's purpose as to gain knowledge and learn to love. This you can take with you when your physical body stops breathing.

Harlan

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by seridium

Yes I understand, people can't control their greed, even people of the "faith"
whats this have to do with what i say?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

A tough question - because a lot of us feel life equals nothing, and also when you look at all the starving and suffering people, you have to wonder what is their purpose.

Here is what I think - I think we have to develop whatever gifts we have been given.

I think we have to be kind to each other.

And I think we have to be kind to animals and to the planet earth.

I think it is a test. And I think we have failed - to be kind to the planet, anyway.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

and this is ok?

All the points you made about the churches (well I'm referring to the Catholic churches specifically) I feel are warranted points. I am a Christian, but it is obvious to me that the Catholic church makes up its own rules. They call the Pope Holy Father which is outrageous to me as it seems they are making him equal to God, they pray to the saints and Mary which doesn't make sense to me either as they were all sinners just like me and you... I believe God is the only one who can hear my prayers. They have statues and such which is idolatry, and I can see why from an outside perspective it does not make any sense. I try to say all that in the nicest way possible but it is so hard to ignore.

All of this stuff however does not mean the Bible is not true. History and science has a ton of evidence backing up the word of the Bible.

But for you to say we are god like which in turn makes us God, is crazy. where do you get that idea from?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by refuse2lose2nwo

Do something right now take your hand and just look at it, now your hand looks solid but its really not if you put it under a proper microscope you would see a massive amount of energy vibrating, everything is made up of the exact same thing whether its your hand the ocean or whether its a star everything is energy.
Let me help you understand this just a lil bit, there is the universe our galaxy our planet and then individuals then inside of this body are organ systems then there cells then molecules then atoms then energy so there allot of levels to talk about something on. You alone have enough power in your body to illuminate your city for at least a week.
Most people define themselves as fine eyed body but you are not fine eyed bodies, even under a microscope you are a energy field, what we know about energy is this you go to a quantum physicist and you say "what creates the world" and he or she will say " energy" and what is energy ? well describe energy " it can never be created or destroyed, it always was always has been that ever existed, it moves into form through form and out of form" then you ask a theologian "what created the universe?" and he or she will say God and when you ask them to describe God they will say "it can never be created or destroyed, it always was always has been that ever existed, it moves into form through form and out of form" you see it is the same description but different terminology. So if you think you’re this big meat suite running around think again you are a spiritual being you are an energy field operating in a larger energy field. we are all connected we just don’t see it everything is one energy field, you are extensions of source energy you are here in these magnificent bodies but your body has distracted you from the most part of who you really are, you are source energy you are eternal beings you are god force you are that which you call god. We are the image and likeness of god we are the infinite feel of unfolding possibility. You were created in the image and likeness of the creative source you have god potential and power to create your world and maybe you are and maybe and maybe you have created things in the world that are worth of you and maybe you haven’t ?
We have the power within us and is therefore under our own control we US them have the power within us to change the entire world with one page of knowledge hudnreds of lives can be changed.
Spread the knowledge you have learned here today in reading this and share it with others.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Is there an actual answer for this question I sit and wonder daily what is my purpose what is the purpose of this so called life we live.

Yes there is!

But really have we lost purpose I sure as hell no my purpose in life isnt to sot here at work trapped like a convict for 8 - 10 hours a day then you get off work and do what watch T.V eat food procreate, lust dwell and get depressed cause this world is #...

Yes it is if you focus on the world!

It isnt what you make of it anymore either you cant make anything happen that you want to due to such control factors, im just bored and fed up with the way I live I guess.

Change it, change yourself, listen to your innermost self

I suppose I could have spent many years in college to get some hi paid job where my Wages are Garnished at a even Higher rate, yea sounds time consuming to me you try harder in life and tehy just take more money from your hard work that you did YOUR WHOLE LIFE, then your controller go and pay themselves high salaries that they dont deserve and if you have a problem with the way life is where you live you are told to write a letter to your MP well sorry to say Most MP's dont read these letters they hire interns college kids to review and reply nothing can happen it just seem's like such a dead end world of slavery we live in.

So you hate the world for what it does, what its done to you and the opportunities it offers etc. Seek beyond the world for an answer.

Are you happy with your life? why please ebaorate

I have a good mind, good health, great family, great friends, stable job, security and above all else a saviour thats backed me up tenfold to this day and beyond. I never had any of these apart from one until I made the choice through life experiences. I am happy but I get frustrated at times but I take time out to look over my life and pray for guidance which I get and am thankful for.

I realize many weak individuals rely on religion and other crutches but I realise what is imaginary and what is not I know much knowledge about us but no one cares to transend to that higher level we are all doomed from the time we are born to do nothing with our lives because there is nothing worth while these days or is there?

Religions have hundreds of denominations and its easy to get caught up in "religion" which these days is not what it should be as most including yourself can tell. Faith, is something different however.

There is something worthwhile to anyone, a bible that is read daily, practiced as much as possible, a relationship with your creator, a healthy lifestyle as much as you can but thats a bonus, an open book approach to lifes difficulties, embracing your fellow man regardless of who they are or what they have done, take it on the chin, make the most of it and when you are knocked down thats when you need that crutch but that aint a brick building, its your fellow believers who do what you do.

Its far from an easy way out but its the truth and thats all that matters in the end.

Your purpose on the earth is to learn from good and bad experiences in life, in turn gaining wisdom to make the choice between the two because this is your and everyone elses beginning or end.

Just my answer to you and nothing more or less.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

That isnt electricity it is plasma created by cooking the atmosphear ionizing the air.
You cannot see electricity you can only see its effects.

there are also different kinds of lightning as explained below

Exactly my point in my previous post. You can't see electricity but you can measure its effects with the proper equipment. Perhaps it is the same with God or the one great life or source? You say we are energy I agree but where does the energy derive from what is the source? What is the source of our intelligence and self conciousness? These are results from some source are they not? Perhaps measuring it is a matter of using the right equipment much like measuring electricity but on a higher more advanced level that most don't understand yet until they reach a certain point in thier evolution and can handle it. Just like we don't let a child play with electricity until they mature and can be trained to understand it.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by hawkiye]

[edit on 28-8-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
This kind of relates to my second major from community college which is psychology....

The way I've come to think of it is that we are all a bunch of tiny little specks of carbon dust in this universe. The point of life is to be the greatest brightest and most wonderful speck you can possibly be no matter what the sercumstances... And you're right life isn't what you make of it but it is all based around how you precieve it... And I agree that I don't like the world I was brought into but there is really nothing I can do about it anymore. Except procreate and self-improve... It's all you really can do and its what you should in order to be comfortable with your lifes effects...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I used to think it was some great feat of scientific or academic accomplishment but I don't any longer. Ambition is over rated.

Our purpose is to splash around in the surf, sing and dance in the moonlight, lie under the sun and watch the clouds go by.
It is to witness, absorb and appreciate all the magnificent creatures, biology and physical, natural, beauty that is here on EARTH.
Most especially we are to see and feel the beautiful perfect love between a parent and a child, and the pure, clean, love that passes child to child and among children.
We are to keep and take these images, feelings and memory into the next life.
These things are the prize on this level of existence.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
there are two purposes to our existance
the existance of god and the existance of the devil
the purpose of good, the purpose of evil
Some of us are on different teams

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I believe the current Dalai Lama said it best.

"The purpose of life is to be happy"

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

2nd .. was right then .. and right now..
... peace and see you throughout time..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join