It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is our purpose here on Earth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior

Originally posted by seridium
Did you know that the Christians killed more humans and commited more genocide that any other race on this planet

Source? This just sounds like utter BS to me considering "Christians" are not a race.

Also, you are the author of this thread, and yet you speak like you know the answer to your own question, so what is the purpose of your thread?

here is your source In Memory Of The 50 Million Victims Of The Orthodox Christian Holocaust

I know the answer to many questions

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by seridium

your source isn't proving your claim any. Please point me to the paragraphs in that source you gave that proves christians are responsible for the most genocide.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

Ever heard of constantine Read some history it will help you elaborate there are over 1000's of incidents of christian genocide from all over the world.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
What I don't undertsand is what is our purpose and I just wanted feedback as I am curious as to what others ponder.
I didn't want to turn this into some fairy tale bashing thread.
I just wanted opinions of other humans that is all.
I thank all those who replied as it helps me learn more also thanks....

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

here's the problem...christians only account for the last 2000 years, so what about the previous years of history? how many were the egyptian and pagan empires responsible for? take your pick of any ancient empire. oh and please dont' source the bible because, after all you've shown you don't believe in it.

people kill people, quit spreading lies

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

It is not lies it is truth they have killed many.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

ok. in your mind, and in your thread-world.
killed? yes. most? very doubtful.

[edit on 8/20/2010 by The Endtime Warrior]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Did you know that the Christians killed more humans and commited more genocide that any other race on this planet… here is your source In Memory Of The 50 Million Victims Of The Orthodox Christian Holocaust

I am totally amazed here ... the source you posted to show that "Christians killed more humans and committed more genocide that any other race" shows the exact opposite to what you claim. The “50 Million Victims Of The Orthodox Christian Holocaust” were 50 million Orthodox Christians who were victims of genocide.

The source you posted concludes:

“Orthodox [Christians] suffered in greater proportion to any other Christian group at the hands of the Communists, who sought to completely eliminate religion. …Between the tolls exacted from prisons, concentration camps, forced marches and exiles, warfare, famine, and brutal military occupation, it is reasonable to conclude that up to 50 million Orthodox Christians have perished in the first eight decades of the twentieth century.

At the end the editor goes on to claim:

“We cannot even well imagine but "50 Million Victims Of The Orthodox Christian Holocaust" is not the correct number, as we have learned from Alexander Solzhenitsyn that more then 66.5 million Orthodox Christians also perished from 1917 and onward during the times of the Soviet Union. ….”

So why would you source an article to show that “Christians… committed more genocide than any other race on this planet” that actually states the exact opposite? Were you assuming that no one would read the source you posted?
And after posting such a blatant falsehood how could you have the audacity to then say:

I know the answer to many questions

Time to get another username because the one you’re using now has lost all credibility. I don’t think believers in deity should use you as an example of all atheists.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by soleprobe]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Really? You wouldn't know right from wrong if God didn't clue you in? You wouldn't be able to figure out that if you go around killing people that might have some negative consequences?

Blueshift my message may be extreme but it is true. It is my opinion that morals can not be defined by man. Especially with other posters on this site saying "do what makes you happy" "and follow your own heart" and all that other stuff. If you are gonna say that than who am i to stop someone saying "hey you want makes me happy is to kill and rape and do whatever" or my heart is telling me to steal from someone's home. Do you realize how dangerous that way of thinking is. If you are gonna sit here and tell me we have no God, than you are telling me my life has no purpose as my fate and your fate are the same no matter what actions each of us do. In that kind of thinking survival of the fittest makes 100 percent sense and you are calling me an animal. so i'm gonna get rich or die trying. again men are all equal right, so for anyone to tell me to live his or her "WAY" would really aggravate me.

However when you put God into the picture, well now I'll listen to what he has to say. For example without God preaching the idea of love my neighboor as myself, and to always forigve others, I would not believe in these things because it would not make any sense to have these beliefs as part of my life. Sure i would forgive sometimes, but I would only do it with a certain motive in mind that would benefit myself. God teaches you how to be good because he is the only one who has the authority to define what good and evil is. Not you, me or anyone else here.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
- Why do new born babies die in Iraq
- Why do little children cry when they are born
- Why is there so much suffering and pain in life
- There is proof of past lives (two famous examples - Indian girls, and the fly boy)
- Read Jainism and science of Karma
- Read Science of Yoga (not the exercise, the other thing)

answer:

- We chose to be on this planet to add to our personal experience.
- We don't take our memories after we die, we only take the result of our experience - that stays with our overSoul.
- There is 75 years on this planet with 150 years off to go through what we experience (3 cycles, one ON, two OFF).
- The experiences are chosen for us, if we are born deaf, short, diseased or go through a difficulty is to learn something
- The new born babies were probably old soldiers who shot dead a baby in war as a soldier, they in turn experience
- We want to decrease our Karma
- We have only so many cycles (as Dalhi Lama calls it - Samsara) We may have 70 lives only - if we don't become enlightened before than, we lose all the stored experiences and turn into dust.
- This is the 4th cycle of the larger cycle, on the first cycle only 3 graduated, on the second cycle 30 or so, We are at the end of the fourth. The goal is many to graduate or else the essence turns into dust and disappears for ever, we turn back into the source but lose our individuality.
- Time is limited, if you don't use this time to move up, you will forever not exist

I found all the above from many information - I have been in search of the answer all my life. I believe the above to be the closest. Every time I see new information I try to refine my model - it has withstood the test of time so far.

But, like others have mentioned, we all have our own individual realities.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
we are here to energize our vessel, and create new vessels.
and once our cocoon expires,our inner being will be released to travel and join our flock in the cosmos.

whatever happens after that? only time will tell

[edit on 23-8-2010 by aliengenes]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
The purpose of life is to live, to learn, to love, to enjoy, to have fun, to create, to have adventure, etc. Also to experience suffering and sorrow so we learn not to inflict it in our fellow beings. This is just one of many lives we have to learn and experience those things until we overcome all things on this plane and move to a higher plane of existence and do the same there but from a higher perspective.

Humanity is at a crossroads in its evolution. This is just a second in the whole scheme of things. We are like the gangly teenager who thinks he knows it all and everyone thinks he is going to hell in a hand basket. But eventually we will find ourselves and grow up and become decent adults in this universe.

If you don't like your life now then put your attention on changing it. Make a plan and then act to carry out the plan no matter how long it takes. The universe will test you to see if you are serious about making a change. Be patient and stay focused even when it seems impossible and eventually there will be a break through. The fact that you are questioning the meaning of life is a sign from your soul that you have been neglecting that side of you and need to seek answers and progress. If you do nothing about it then eventually your soul will send you into crisis circumstances to force you to act and move in that direction on the path.

If you like to read here is a book series called "The Immortal" you might enjoy that deals a ot with this kind of thing it is not just another rehash of religion, philosophy science etc. It brings new meat to the table in my opinion. It is written in novel form so it is a fun read but has many true principles and answers a lot of questions. It makes no claims of authority but leaves it up to the reader to decide what is true or not.

Check it out here: freeread.com... I think you will really enjoy it.

You also wrote to another poster"

"what proof do you have that GOD exists non you live on false pretense and pray to an imaginary being but know this"

If you order a really good dinner and enjoy it what proof do you have there is a Chef? ;-)
There are lots of things unexplainable yet we can see the results, like electricity. What proof do yo have there is electricity? What's that you say you can turn on a switch and see the light bulb come on very bright and there is proof of electricity... Nope prove it was electricity that made the light light up? Show me the electricity? You can't. What holds the planets in thier orbits and how does the sun power them etc. What power and energy animates our bodies and gives us intelligence and self consciousness? The universe is full of the results of intelligent design far beyond our current comprehension. Now just because I said this doe not mean I believe in the Modern traditional Ideal of the Christian God, I don't. I am just making a point to keep an open mind. There are those of our same species that are further along the path then us and would be considered higher beings then us and they do help us from time to time from the other-side so to speak and from this side sometimes. Just because one has personally not experienced something or science cannot explain something does not mean there is nothing to it.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The Cristians hide all there wrong doing ( if you want proof of this break and enter into the Vatican's secret underground libraries.
I Cannot prove something that has been hidden is the history of our race, I thought that article explained something else my bad

Thank you though for taking your precious time and wasting at least 20 min reading and replying to my thread.

here on some examples of Christians killing in the name of god

•As soon as Christianity became legal in the Roman Empire by imperial edict (315), more and more pagan temples were destroyed by Christian mob. Pagan priests were killed.

•Between 315 and 6th century thousands of pagan believers were slain.

•Examples of destroyed Temples: the Sanctuary of Aesculap in Aegaea, the Temple of Aphrodite in Golgatha, Aphaka in Lebanon, the Heliopolis.

•Christian priests such as Mark of Arethusa or Cyrill of Heliopolis were famous as "temple destroyer." [DA468]

•Pagan services became punishable by death in 356. [DA468]

•Christian Emperor Theodosius (408-450) even had children executed, because they had been playing with remains of pagan statues. [DA469]
According to Christian chroniclers he "followed meticulously all Christian teachings..."

•In 6th century pagans were declared void of all rights.

•In the early fourth century the philosopher Sopatros was executed on demand of Christian authorities. [DA466]

•The world famous female philosopher Hypatia of Alexandria was torn to pieces with glass fragments by a hysterical Christian mob led by a Christian minister named Peter, in a church, in 415.
[DO19-25]

•Emperor Karl (Charlemagne) in 782 had 4500 Saxons, unwilling to convert to Christianity, beheaded. [DO30]

•Peasants of Steding (Germany) unwilling to pay suffocating church taxes: between 5,000 and 11,000 men, women and children slain 5/27/1234 near Altenesch/Germany. [WW223]

•15th century Poland: 1019 churches and 17987 villages plundered by Knights of the Order. Number of victims unknown. [DO30]

•16th and 17th century Ireland. English troops "pacified and civilized" Ireland, where only Gaelic "wild Irish", "unreasonable beasts lived without any knowledge of God or good manners, in common of their goods, cattle, women, children and every other thing." One of the more successful soldiers, a certain Humphrey Gilbert, half-brother of Sir Walter Raleigh, ordered that "the heddes of all those (of what sort soever thei were) which were killed in the daie, should be cutte off from their bodies... and should bee laied on the ground by eche side of the waie", which effort to civilize the Irish indeed caused "greate terrour to the people when thei sawe the heddes of their dedde fathers, brothers, children, kinsfolke, and freinds on the grounde".
Tens of thousands of Gaelic Irish fell victim to the carnage. [SH99, 225

•Until January 1098 a total of 40 capital cities and 200 castles conquered (number of slain unknown) [WW30]

•After 6/3/98 Antiochia (then Turkish) conquered, between 10,000 and 60,000 slain. 6/28/98 100,000 Turks (incl. women and children) killed.
[WW32-35]
•Marra (Maraat an-numan) 12/11/98 thousands killed. Because of the subsequent famine "the already stinking corpses of the enemies were eaten by the Christians" said chronicler Albert Aquensis. [WW36]
•Battle of Askalon, 8/12/1099. Thousands of heathens slaughtered "in the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ". [WW45]

•Fourth crusade: 4/12/1204 Constantinople sacked, number of victims unknown, numerous thousands, many of them Christian. [WW141-148]

And the list goes on They called them Crusades not genocide.

■1st Crusade: 300,000 Eur. k at Battle of Nice [Nicea].

■Crusaders vs. Solimon of Roum: 4,000 Christians, 3,000 Moslems

■1098, Fall of Antioch: 100,000 Moslems massacred.

■50,000 Pilgrims died of disease.

■1099, Fall of Jerusalem: 70,000 Moslems massacred.

■Siege of Tiberias: 30,000 Christians k.

■Siege of Tyre: 1,000 Turks

■Richard the Lionhearted executes 3,000 Moslem POWs.

■1291: 100,000 Christians k after fall of Acre.

■Fall of Christian Antioch: 17,000 massacred.

source

They also slaughtered people believed to be witches, heritics, Jews, Natives, there was even Catholic extermination Camps.

Hitler also operated with the BLESSINGS of the Church.

Any Killing is wrong plain and simple....

[edit on 023131p://upTuesday by seridium]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
If you order a really good dinner and enjoy it what proof do you have there is a Chef? ;-)
There are lots of things unexplainable yet we can see the results, like electricity. What proof do yo have there is electricity? What's that you say you can turn on a switch and see the light bulb come on very bright and there is proof of electricity... Nope prove it was electricity that made the light light up? Show me the electricity? You can't. What holds the planets in thier orbits and how does the sun power them etc. What power and energy animates our bodies and gives us intelligence and self consciousness? The universe is full of the results of intelligent design far beyond our current comprehension. Now just because I said this doe not mean I believe in the Modern traditional Ideal of the Christian God, I don't. I am just making a point to keep an open mind. There are those of our same species that are further along the path then us and would be considered higher beings then us and they do help us from time to time from the other-side so to speak and from this side sometimes. Just because one has personally not experienced something or science cannot explain something does not mean there is nothing to it.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by hawkiye]

I can prove there is a chef all I have to do is enter the kitchen, Electricty is the flow of electrons through or along a conductor anything can be a conductor, sparks from electricity are ionized air you however can see devices run by electricty, you just cant see it unless of course you have proper scopes and devices to view atoms and molecules.
We as humans are source energy, we are vibrant with all kinds of energy frequencies. Your rambling is however another question apon my question

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Of course you can see electricity, just go outside in a Thunderstorm

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Of course you can see electricity, just go outside in a Thunderstorm

That isnt electricity it is plasma created by cooking the atmosphear ionizing the air.
You cannot see electricity you can only see its effects.

there are also different kinds of lightning as explained below

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Is there an actual answer for this question I sit and wonder daily what is my purpose what is the purpose of this so called life we live.

Hi seridium, that is indeed an interesting and in fact very important question in my opinion which I also did wonder myself for many years now.

But with the knowledge and awareness I have today, I did come to the conclusion, that what Lou Baldin [sleeper on ATS] said here about that, could be very well the answer to that question.

What is the purpose of life? The purpose is so simple that most people don’t want it. The purpose is to prove to ourselves what we are, what we are made of. After doing so, that will determine where we go once we are off of this planet. Humans are here to determine where we go after the moment of death, which is related to how much more information and truths we become aware of, or not.

- Lou Baldin -

www.earthfiles.com... X-Files

[edit on 24/8/10 by spacevisitor]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Sorry brother ...but religions got it right....

we are a bunch of sleepwalkers in a prison and need to be saved from the Matrix. Those that are saved and know the way out are supposed to wake the others up.

But most dont want to wake u .....most think religion/spirituality is a crutch for the weak. Just another excuse to stay locked in the matrix.

Meditate ...go within and find the truth that is beyond the mind, beyond logic, beyond reason. For assuredly your own logic and reason will conclude to you that logic and reason are themselves extremely limited.

There is a truth and state that makes every possible knowledge you amass on earth look like a drop in a bucket. However you are free to believe as you wish, and continue Matrix like as long as you wish

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

here on some examples of Christians killing in the name of god

Oh and I forgot to add ......for someone who carries a signature such as you do ...you should know by know that this argument has been debunked thousands of years ago and keeps having to be debunked because of ignorance.

people ...you heard that right "P-E-O-P-L-E" kill in the name of all kinds of things, in the name of God, science, love, hate, depression, madness, culture, partiotism, racism and the countless list goes on and on for eternity.

A Gun itself is neutral and can be used for good purposes or bad purposes. The same thing with Christianity and everything else.

I'm so sick of people having to spurt the useless nonsensical flim flam weightless argument.

If you studied religion itself ...you would come to find out that the human ego is the curse, is the devil, is the aspect that kills in the name of _____fill in the blank. ANd then ignorance takes over and says ...."Wow ...they killed in the name of _____ so that means _____ must be evil."

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I dont know who are you are replying to, maybe me? your source is biased. for the same reason there are "creation science" websites and "anti-theist" websites, I have reason to believe your source is not very credible. Irregardless, I agree with you that killing is wrong. I think its not hard to see that everyone kills. All groups, not just limited to one....to state one group kills more than another is a little ridiculous and tends not to go anywhere.

It would seem your purpose in life is to bash Christianity, eh?
well at least you found your calling

[edit on 8/24/2010 by The Endtime Warrior]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join