It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC Cop Beats War Veteran Senseless

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

NYC Cop Beats War Veteran Senseless

fourwinds10.com

The video is high quality and crystal clear that Housing Officer David London led an unprovoke attack on the Iraqi war veteran.Even beating the ex-soldier after he's cuffed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.youtube.com

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Tempers are going to flare after watching this. There will be those who will argue that the cop was verbally pushed and the beating was justified. But to the extreme extent of the beating just displays a hot head with anger issues and a power trip wearing a badge. The SOB cop that just stood there and watched should be prosecuted to the fullest extent as well. To all you COPS on ATS, take note of how this bad apple is making you all look....disgusting is an understatement.

fourwinds10.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-8-2010 by solarstorm]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Nothing to see here, move along. Just another looney getting some tough love...

[edit on 19/8/2010 by PsykoOps]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Just in case you don't understand the sarcasm point... This is happening everyday and it's come an everyday occurance. Just like here we have a probable terrorist pedofile murderer illegal immigrant committing the heinous felony of taking a cell phone picture of cops. Video

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Doesn't look to me like he "pushed" the cop at all. Looks like the cop pushed him and he pushed back. There is no excuse to hit someone with a nightstick that many times. Especially when the other cop had his hands behind his back.

But of course somehow this level of violence will be justified.

Let me ask you this, what gives a cop the right to beat the crap out of someone even if they were pushed? The badge? So if that cop didn't have a badge on and they pushed him first, would the veteran been able to beat the crap out of them and get away with it??

And I know for a fact that part of police training is learning how to immobilize someone or subdue someone, not beat the living hell out of someone with a baton.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Until cops fear retaliation from organized justice squads there will be no peace and no justice at all. cops have thrown down the gauntlet:

Cops today do not want US recording THEM, but they insist on being able to record US with no restrictions at all.

Cops today treat civilians as the enemy, and the militarization of the cops is a proven fact, beyond debate.

Cops today routinely falsely arrest, search, harrass, intimidate and sometimes assault and even MURDER the innocent, and normally have no problem covering it up.

Cops today ignore even egregious crimes committed by their fellow cops, and they will help each other in covering up said crimes.

Cops today have ZERO respect for the rule of law, as proven by the fact that the vast majority of cops perjure themselves on the stand to make cases stick. Perjury is so common that prosecutors have to turn a blind eye, as judges do, lest they embarrass and humiliate the cops, who are feeding them with people to process into the justice machine.

Cops today are cowards compared to the cops of old; today a cop does not march up to yiu and turn you around and cuff you....no..he screams profanities and demands that you throw yourself instantly upon his ' command ' onto the broiling hot pavement, face down, so a dozen heavily armed men can move in and handcuff you....then they will ask questions and find out whats up....no matter that you are suffering and in many cases are released after the cops realize they have no proof of anything....you are NOTHINg to them.

I look forward to the day that a group of people get so fed up with these criminal cops that they find the offending brutalizers and extract real justice from them. I will not go into any detail as to what I believe that justice should be....use your imagination.

Only the fear of actual and swift true justice, meted out by the People, will change a cop from a brutal bully into a public servant, a polite and respectful servant that would not dream of assaulting anyone, and who knew that if they beat an innocent handcuffen man, they might very well find themselves some night in the back of a van being taken to a ' re-education ' opportunity so they could experience firsthand what they so gleefully and willingly imposed upon others.

Nothing could work as well....cops do not fear lawsuits much because the state or city ends up paying..or the insurance company...rarely are the actual cops made to pay, and many times the cop union pays to protect them and sheild the guilty from being punished as they should be. Cops are shameless, and so are cop unions.

So you coppers want to be our enemy. eh? Not a good idea...someday payback may catch up with you in a way that you never counted on....at least we can hope so.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
almost anywhere you may be there could be a camera rolling on you.
i keep seeing more and more instances of thuggery..it makes it
hard to have respect for all "authority figures" . the taser incidents-
old people-kids- get a cattle prod used on them. outrageous.
and you see more people snapping and shooting it out..

[edit on 19-8-2010 by p51mustang]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This is going to make people madder.

A police officer seen on videotape repeatedly hitting an unarmed, handcuffed Iraq war veteran with a baton – and accused of lying to cover it up – was acquitted Monday of all charges.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Jurors declined to comment.

So this goes in front of a jury and they think it's not a crime? They should all be charged with aiding and betting. You can't change the fact that this was a felony level beating and that the officer indeed broke the law. It's a fact and it's on video and still... Jury tampering for sure. Nothing else explains that. They are afraid of the police retaliating or something. System failed

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Color me surprised.

I will be quite honest about this. My father was a cop for 25 years. Two of my friends are cops with the SCPD. Another friend of mine was a NYPD cop. I've been around them all my life. I've always wanted to be a cop.

However, with all this nonsense lately, my image of police has grown very very negative. I do know that there are good, even GREAT cops out there who truly believe in helping people. After all, their oath is to protect and serve. It should be those GOOD cops standing up and saying enough is enough. Their image is being tarnished by proxy. Enough of this "Blue Wall" bs.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I see mass stupidity not only affects elections but criminal justice as well.

No doubt every one of those jurors thought that handcuffed man was a dire threat to the homeland.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
you know this is the kind of thing that makes people want to kill police. i feel for this man, senseless beating no matter what race color or creed.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
At no time did he ever push the police, even in reaction to being pushed. The cop pushed him, and he put up his hands to brace himself. What happened next was an incredibly hard strike to the face with a baton. Assault with a potentially deadly weapon. Then he was just beaten to a pulp. The man is seriously lucky he was a rather fit and bulky guy, or else he could have been seriously disabled for a long, long time.

Unbelievable.

What got me the most is the other cop just stood there and watched the whole time.

You know, the time is approaching where people will just not give a flying toss anymore, and police are going to be beaten and killed on the streets in broad daylight. In a perverted sense of vigilante justice.

"Officer was acquitted of all charges."

Mhrm.. Try getting acquitted from a completely pissed off city-wide mob. It's not going to be pretty, but the time is coming. If anyone has reservations about staying on the force, or about becoming a police officer, then maybe it's time to answer to those reservations.

No longer are there enough good cops to stop this madness. They all just watch and keep their mouths shut. Not good. Especially not good when every official and all judges always support this crap. Equally amazing that a jury does too. Where do they recruit their juries from? 1930's Berlin from the time-machine down the street? Unreal.

Street justice is coming, and it's gonna suck for everyone. I hope some kind of miracle occurs to prevent all of this.

-----------

After the first few hits knocked Harvin down, London continued hitting him as he covered his face and was, after struggling, handcuffed, the video shows. It shows Harvin moving his legs toward the officer at points.

London said Harvin kicked him and shouted threats that the officer said he feared would draw a hostile crowd.

"He was aggressive and violent," London testified. "I was trying to get him to comply."

What's he so afraid of? What crowd? Why would there be a hostile crowd if what he did was warranted by law? Oh that's right.. it wasn't right in any sense of the word, and he feared someone might step in to stop his crime.

Well keep it up pal, you just might get your paranoid wish. Said crowd will not afford you the luxury of giving you breaks in between your beatings. No trial, no jury. Sad but true.

These cops broke the law with unbelievable bravado. They even lied in their statements, giving false testimony, committing perjury during trial... and he is acquitted. This isn't going to stop until people start pulling these thugs into the streets and equally beating the piss out of them. Then everything will just escalate. One can only hope to keep it out of their backyards.

(No, I'm not talking about all cops. Let's not go down that alley. I specifically mean the tossers like this guy, who beat the snot out of people relentlessly for no purpose.)

[edit on 19-8-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I think it should be mandatory for every law enforcement officer to have a course in anger management. I think noone in the position of 'peace keeper' should lose control and become a danger to society. Sadly, many of them have control issues.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Onboard2]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
It is almost impossible to get a conviction in New York against a cop....they have gotten away with murder, literally, for a century.

juries always give the cop all the benefit of the doubt, not the poor defendant. They want to believe that cops are not angry, demented bullies so badly that they will ignore even hard core evidence that proves the cops guilt.

In this case they had video, and it clearly showed the man being beaten with a baton while handcuffed and laying on the floor. What more does it take? Also, the cop LIED and said the man hit HIM, and the jury still allowed this sick, twisted lower life form with a tarnished badge to walk free.

I have said it before and I will say it until the day it happens: One day it will get so bad , with cops violating our Rights so constantly and getting away with it over and over....until organized " Justice ' Squads will be formed from able and trained people fed up with cop crimes....and they will identify cops that escape justice, like in this case, and find creative ways to insure that the criminal cop does not escape punishment totally.

Since the system is so terribly broken ( anytime a jury allows an aquittal of a cop when there is clear evidence of guilt ) there is NO alternative left except for citizens to gather and take responsibility over to insure our safety....we cannot be safe when cops are immune from conviction.

Can you imagine how effective it would be? Cops hearing that one of their pals ended up in a van and was taken to a private location for ' re-education ' before being released would think twice, or more, before abusing another one of us!! Cops should shake in their jackboots at the thought of what would happen to them if they crossed the line...think getting away in court ends it all? Think again!! That would be the beginning.

top topics

join