It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could ufos be time travelers?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by typwar

Not true...Quantum Mechanics along with other theories suggest that alteration of a certain timeline will start a new timeline without altering the original. For example, I've altered this thread by posting...therefore someone will read it. At the same time, in another time line, I did not post this and the thread continues forward as if I didn't. There are now two existing timelines. It imho, is possible that UFO's as well as Greys could be beings from the future. UFO's could act as mods of transportation from one event to another. You don't travel through the African safari and always get the chance to watch a Lion chase down a Gazelle. Maybe it's the same concept...they jump back at times they think are interesting and just watch. Sometimes it's a good find sometimes it's not. How many archiologists have dug holes and found nothing...I'm sure several. And what's not to say they aren't interested in us? We're spending millions a year to survey cultures that have been dead for 2000+ years. Sh!t...why do we even bother with dinosaurses...last time I checked, they were no relatives of mine.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
They could very well be time travelers. Because they look too much like us, and are somehow compatible genetically with us because of hybrids ect. They do things humans would do when you look at abductions. UFO's seem to slip in and out of our reality and missing time accompanies abductions and some UFO sightings. So I see this being the case rather than Aliens using interstellar travel.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
could ufos be time travelers?

Aha, that possibility seems to get more and more deep researchers in the EBE area's attention.

Personally, for a boat-load of reasoning's, I feel it just might be a big slice of the pie.

Decoy

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by 19872012

Oh. My. I must have missed something significant somewhere. Who said Grey's lack emotion? The fact that they haven't seemingly been reported to display emotion in front of captives doesn't mean they don't have any.

And....who decided they were ugly?('
')

Seriously, they could be time travelers, but I am more apt to believe they are ET. Within the parameters of time travel I think it is very important that things are not done that could possibly alter the fabric of time because interference in today's events could have significant impact on the future.

Am I right? Or, did I read the wrong book?

[edit on 20/8/10 by FactFinder]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
What about interdimensional travel? UFO's can be time travelers...but also have the possibility to be from another dimension. I mean if we start talking about their ability to travel through time then interdimensional travel is something we can't rule out. Because time can be considered a dimension in itself. However modern physics have thrown theories around about spacetime which is interwined. I'm no physicist but if you could travel through time, interdimensional travel would be right up there.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer77

Originally posted by 2weird2live2rare2die
. . . it's not hard to accept that aliens exist, but details of their origins, looks, and motives are just kind of stupid. it's obviously based on nothing more than imagination . . .

That seems a bit condescending to views and hyptheses which are, in fact, based on something little different from your own 'thoughts theories' expressed here.

While the suggestion of 'UFOs as Time Travelers' has been threaded numerous times here, I do still enjoy reading new thoughts on the subject.

okay you are entitled to your opinion but i'm not saying ufos are time travelers, just raising a hypothetical question. people believe in all sorts of crap for example the numerous pages of pictures and descriptions of aliens and their origins and motives is nothing more than imagination. how could it be anything else? so i don't see how i'm being condescending...

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Any being that somehow overcame the restrictions of lightspeed to be able to zip around the universe fast enough to get here from another star within any time frame that would make such a trip meaningful would, by definition, be a time traveller.

Not that I believe that any beings have done this.

Harte

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jaysinn

Well I am agreeing with you. I tend to lump them in with the supernatural. Time travel may just explain the lack of a major contact like landing on the whitehouse lawn. As time travellers they may have had to always avoided the paradox of affecting time streams like bumping into some great ancestor of theirs or something.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
ah time. a glorious and beautiful thing. like water. the problem with water is, if you disrupt it at all, ripples will go out. now thats not as bad as a splash (which could rip time into 2 or more peices, dont try to think about what thats like) but still bad. time travel itself isnt dangerous, becouse time is mostly in flux but i doubt even the terran race would risk doing it just for research, they could end up being the ones who destroy themselves, come back to stop it, cause a paradox, rip time in half. not meeting each other, doing a action that contradicts what the other you is doing at the same time wich causes a paradox.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenisiz

actually, you only create a new timeline if you mean to. that is to say, depending on whether you did or didnt, time goes forward. and back. up and down, wiggly biggly sidways backwards, only one timeLINE, different time...(spent a loooong time thinking)strains. every choice everyone makes determines the future but not on a linear scale.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
When I see the phrase "terran race" in a post, I stop reading because I'm shaking my head too hard to focus.

Harte

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 2weird2live2rare2die

Steven Hawking, the greatest mind in the universe, argued against it. If time travel existed, where are any travelers from the future? He also states that if we can warp space, then it may be possible, however, no time travel would be possible to back before that date.

Since science is mainly against God, since so much power is at stake and one is typically loathe to share it, even by consideration, then the idea of a prophecy being an example of time travel is ruled out. Who knows when this question will be answered? I guess we'll have to continue to evolve from our monkey suits that are still oozing goo from a mutant amoeba which once lived at the bottom of a tarpit, until we know.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenisiz
reply to post by typwar

Not true...Quantum Mechanics along with other theories suggest that alteration of a certain timeline will start a new timeline without altering the original. For example, I've altered this thread by posting...therefore someone will read it. At the same time, in another time line, I did not post this and the thread continues forward as if I didn't. There are now two existing timelines. It imho, is possible that UFO's as well as Greys could be beings from the future. UFO's could act as mods of transportation from one event to another. You don't travel through the African safari and always get the chance to watch a Lion chase down a Gazelle. Maybe it's the same concept...they jump back at times they think are interesting and just watch. Sometimes it's a good find sometimes it's not. How many archiologists have dug holes and found nothing...I'm sure several. And what's not to say they aren't interested in us? We're spending millions a year to survey cultures that have been dead for 2000+ years. Sh!t...why do we even bother with dinosaurses...last time I checked, they were no relatives of mine.

If altering our current timeline through time travel through their timeline creates a new timeline without altering the original (which would be ours) then nothing would have happened in our timeline.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 2weird2live2rare2die

Any amount of interstellar space travel would be time travel, degrees may vary depending upon speed.

Space travel is time travel….

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenisiz
reply to post by typwar

This is brilliant! Phenomenal thought, it really gives you a visual of a 4th dimension. Wow. I've never thought of time travel UFO's this way before, excellent concept.

.....So could there be Time Line Machines?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Typing this paragraph and not typing this paragraph are two separate time lines. Are you saying that UFO's could travel to both time lines??

And what we witness are UFO's doing so? Jumping from different time lines? Different dimensions? Parallel Universes?

And could there not be any evidence of UFO's because of this issue?? Jumping around different time lines, which in another reality don't even exist, but it's the same reality, it's just a time line that didn't happen for some people, so maybe evidence of UFO's are lost in time? Because they exist in multiple time lines (dimensions) at once?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
im a new age self styled eclectic celtic shaman, with many ufo encounters, sightings and abductions to my name, also an ex psychic detective for police, govts and military, so my beliefs are as far out as they can go.
time travel is impossible, time doesnt exist, doh, only now exists.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by thegreatestone

i see what you are saying, but i disagree. time does exist. what i had for breakfast this morning wasn't some unreal dream experience, it was breakfast. if you wait until tomorrow i can upload a picture of my proof of this concept.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by game over man
This is brilliant! Phenomenal thought, it really gives you a visual of a 4th dimension. Wow. I've never thought of time travel UFO's this way before, excellent concept.

.....So could there be Time Line Machines?

If you liked that, you should read this Robert Heinlein short story.

Harte

top topics

<< 1   >>

join