It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking footage of police ‘torturing’ naked and screaming suspect causes outrage in Philippines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Shocking footage of police torturing naked and screaming suspect causes outrage in phillipines

aft ermathnews.wordpress.com

Philippine police have relieved a number of officers from duty after a television station aired footage allegedly showing police torturing a naked detainee.

The detained man is believed to be a suspected thief caught in Manila’s Tondo slum district, according to ABS-CBN TV, which said it obtained the cell phone footage from an unidentified informer.

The man’s fate and when the video was taken were unclear.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dailymail. co.uk

[edit on 15/8/2010 by johnny c]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
In the western world we sometimes complain over geting a ticket for speeding or not wearing a seatbelt. I dont think us men would break the law if the punishment was this bad.
oouucch comes to mind!! pictures of this shocking act are at the link,shocking to think a man has to be put through this before he is murdered,he is suspected to have being killed because he has not being seen since
Metropolitan Manila police chief Leocadio Santiago said his men are under investigation for this under the anti torture law and if the man is found dead they are liable to get 40 years.
WHATS THE BETS THIS MAN IS MISSING FOR EVER!!!

aft ermathnews.wordpress.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny c

Yes, and if punishment were to be this bad, and nobody would ever dear to ever break the law, there would be pure enslavement.

Sometimes great satisfaction is achieved by doing something you really want to do, regardless of what anyone thinks of it, justified by your common sense. Even if that would be breaking the law.

This case disgusts me, torture is pure evil, its sickening and horrifying. Thanks to the informant for letting this out, justice will hopefully be executed onto this man.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply cyberjedi, I agree totally,this is just disgusting!!
Its incredible how bad one human can treat another,i just hope this poor man shows up for his family.
Ill second that ,good on the guy who got the footage recorded and aired.
I hope them cops get the 40 years maximum.
It seems that there is a long line of these things that happen in Asia.
I feel for the people,They certinly dont need it.
My granfather was torpedoed by a Japanese submarine in world war 2 and was tortured every week for 10 plus years and made to eat dog for food for that time too.
He reckoned he was lucky to have anything because many did not.
I made a thread about it but no one looked,
what can you do???????? HE WOULD LAUGH HIMSELF

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Why is the the torturing word written with ' in the title? That's pretty obvious what is going on.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Unless you can somehow link this to US or Israeli involvement you won't get much interest hereabouts I'm sorry to say.

ATS has little interest in anything else these days.

Thanks for at least trying to broaden the spectrum of discussion though, it's always refreshing to see someone try.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
THANKS FOR THE REPLY RETSEH
I noticed that about Israel ,everybody is straight on it.
Thanks for the pat on the back buddy,you live and hope i guess.[once its not obamas hope
]
Pykops i had a different title but was asked to change it,but its all good

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Unfortunately my internet is too slow to watch ABS CBN news on you tube, and I don’t watch the news here.

I know that often times if a criminal is caught for anything including snatching a cell phone or killing a family member the police often times allow the victims to get a free slap or punch. Maybe it’s not supposed to happen but it’s orchestrated like a Jerry Springer episode where the criminal is purposely placed too close to the victim.

In any case I have not heard of torture going on here very often. No more than in the USA. I hope that whoever is doing this gets punished though.

Most of the police here are pretty laid back and not nearly as uptight as they are in America and other first world countries.

Personally I like the police here better than in the US. One of the reasons I moved here was because of the ridiculous laws in the states.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Where is this ment to happen? because nothing of the sort happens in USA or the E.U ,the police do not let that happen! maybe if a police officers family are the victim of a crime it might happen,but public it does not happen.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

star for that.

i'll give the pat answer, tho.

HEY, IT'S THEIR COUNTRY AND LAWS! THEY ARE NOT US.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

so do you give out bribes?

are you a white guy?

have lots of money and power?

malaysian maids?

sorry guy, but i find it hard to believe you don't hear about this stuff.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by fooks]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Sorry guy?

uhh ok.

I am a white guy yeah.
I have no power.
I am not rich
And I have no maids......No wait that's not true I have a family member who i pay a small salary to to take my daughter to her school on the week days.

That being said....GUY... No I haven't heard of it.

One other thing, the title was Philippines and while they are Malay decent they are not Malaysians. So why would you have Malaysian house maids?

[edit on 19-8-2010 by snowen20]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Well I can think of one place in Texas where some Bs has occurred. If I tell you where exactly I would be giving to much away. Lets just say North Texas at a jail annex where an inmate in solitary was forced to live in his own excrement for a week and wasn't allowed to clean it up. When i went to work there I was told laughingly that you can get away with a lot in solitary because the cameras don't see inside the rooms. Needles to say I only worked there less than a year.

That's about the limit of torture that I was referring to. My other point was that I honestly have not heard of such things anymore than I have in America.

Then again consider the situation this person was under. He didn't bring it to light on his own. this may be the same case all over the world. I'm not saying it doesn't happen here more, I'm just saying you never hear about it.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by snowen20]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

i apologized after re-thinking. see it?

is guy is an insult?

not starting a fight here!

i need to save up points for an avatar.

still hard to believe there is no corruption or abuse you've heard about.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

No I'm not insulted or anything.

I just kind of felt on the defense when approached in such a way as it makes me sound like I'm being dishonest.

I have been living here for 5 years now and I honestly haven't heard of torture occurring.

I mean even the prisons here are pretty easy going. it is nothing like America where everyone is hell bent on effing you up for the slightest thing.

I watch the news at 6 PM here everyday, specifically ABS CBN and I can say they do a pretty good job at keeping their government in check. Granted there is a lot of corruption, but they are pretty much balls to the wall on exposing it. They expose a lot of police associated issues but torture really isn't one of them, until now. At least not that I have heard.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
fair enough!

i have some friends coming up from there tomorrow.

i'll ask them, they are locals.

maybe get back to the topic with something worthwhile.

cheers!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Hey Fooks thanks for the star buddy,hey snowen thanks for the input guys
,i know corruption goes on every where.
What i ment was that police dont let the public roll up there sleeves and go into the interveiw room to open a can of whoop ass on the criminal for revenge on a crime that has being perpetrated on them.
sorry i didnt mean any offense saying it cant happen guys.
Its just doubtfull now a day over law suits.
Snowen id well belive that about the prision in texas,where i live if you are in jail at night and have to go number 2,you have to go in a bag and tie it till the morning before you throw it out! shocking alrite

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Too bad I don't know much about this. But...

I've heard from ATS [imagine, from ATS, and not the news] that this is linked to the hostage taking drama in Quirino Grandstand, Luneta, Manila, Philippines. The hostage taker was purportedly one of the torture cops in the video (?) - Police Inpector Mendoza.

It does seem to be linked because I see them both in newspaper headlines almost everyday. Of course, the hostage massacre gets more space.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by headb

Hey Headb,thanks for the reply and the valuable input,you knew more than me mate
,so the police took the man hostage ,thanks for that

Is your name short for Headband?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

It's short for HeadButt - as in a butt for a head.

Kidding. It's just a highschool nick for headbanger - since my real nick's bong. Such is life.

top topics

join