It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama administration bans over 100,000 rifles

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
This weapon was actually used to fight Tyranny and as such is a pure American legend.

Fitting the administration would see them melted in Korea.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Burned more like. The M1 is mostly wood.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrancoUn-American
The government is afraid of these rifles they were designed to destroy tyranny and opression.

[edit on 05/24/2010 by FrancoUn-American]

Bravo, good sir...Bravo

Im filling out my 03 C&R FFL paperwork now so i would love for these to flood the market all of a sudden. I would very much like to own the main battle rifle of both the US and the Nazis

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Bringing Guns Into the US is like Bringing candy into a candy store .
But what they are really trying to do is PROTECT the ONLY thing left they can make money from GUNS.
My god we arm the world! Guns planes tanks grands missiles . we have over 7000 nuks still working and have a canary when Iran mite get one???
If it was not for military sales we wouldn't have ANY economy left what so ever.
(MY new call sign) SPELL CHECK THIS.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

I'll take an extremely reliable 30-06 over a malfunction prone .223 any day of the week. The biggest problem I've ever had with an Garand is M1 thumb and that is my own fault. AR-15 is useful for varmint hunting I guess. Just keep all dirt away from the bolt.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by janon

Youre right about vietnam beta version rifles...I can pack my ar chamber with some nasty swamp muck and keep on shootin...

I carry 300 rounds in my light assualt rig...be too heavy with 30-06 ammo

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
So let me get this correct. The current administration wants to block the importation of 100,000 M1 garand and carbines. Okay, got it. Now they say they want to keep it from "getting to terrorists." Now I'm starting to get confused. If S. Korea is unable to dump them off to us, where will they go next? Probably onto markets outside the U.S., where terrorists COULD and WOULD buy them. Besides, 50 year-old, 30-06 rifles are not the greatest concern our military could have. Most are probably in need of some reconditioning and repair.

I would love to purchase a carbine or garand, just for the nostalgia and because a 30-06 rifle is a 30-06 rifle. Great for hunting, and they inflict MASSIVE damage. Ever seen the exit wound of a 30-06 round? Nasty stuff I tell ya.

edit on 16-9-2010 by Shark VA84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark VA84

It has nothing to do with them getting to terrorists it has to do with them getting onto the streets. Its just a matter of the distribution. They want the guns to be be sold to legit collectors and not to some dumb crimminal or be shipped off to Mexica as so many of our weapons end up doing now. Once they work out with South Koreans on finding a good US distributer they will be on the way.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

“The U.S. insisted that imports of the aging rifles could cause problems such as firearm accidents. It was also worried the weapons could be smuggled to terrorists, gangs or other people with bad intentions,” the official told The Korea Times.

Just going off of what was quoted. There are MILLIONS of rifles that are available to the general public that present a MUCH GREATER danger than 50 year old M1's. Just sayin.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

When was the last time you saw a news report of someone robbing a bank with a Garand???

Those are dodging excuses..."End up on the street" whats a gangbanger gonna do with a 43 inch rifle that costs $250 when there are hipoint pistols to be had for $60(used)-$100

top topics

<< 1   >>

join