It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your very own EVERYTHING proof Fortress. $2.3 Mil

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Howdy ATS what’s up?

This was once mentioned here on ATS back in 2002 and again in passing in 2008. But whatever I thought I would throw it out there again anyway for all those “closet lovers” of Doom and Gloom. I feel it’s cool to keep ideas alive.

If you are like me and enjoy the fanciful thought of surviving an apocalyptic future where roving gangs of cannibals and Nancy Pelosi’s face lifts are heartily accepted as the norm, then you’ll probably wet yourself over this.

Silo homes

www.silohome.com...

www.missilebases.com...

www.missilebases.com...

I’m sure many ATSers have heard of these before and maybe even seen such things. For those who don’t know, “HELLO” this is for you.

These beauties are specifically designed to outlast and out perform any generic form of shelter out there and were built with tax payer dollars. I.e. an endless stream of greenbacks burned in the making of these.

They offer a very real escape measure for the paranoid survivalist and what’s more they have the very realistic potential of protecting you from the following SHTF calamities.

1. NUCLEAR WAR
2. IMPACT FROM ASTEROIDS AND METEORS
3. OPPRESSIVE N.W.O. GOVERNMENT LAP DOGS IN FULL SWAT GEAR
4. PANDEMICS
5. ZOMBIES
6. MOTHER IN LAWS
7. AND MUCH MUCH MORE!!!!

Alas however I am one of those poor bastards who doesn’t the ability to drop 2.5 million buckaroos on a child hood fantasy such as this but GOD it would be sweet nonetheless.

Surprisingly they are far cheaper than people think. Even though often times they are in the range of a few hundred thousand to a million dollars or more, considering how much was spent creating them it is a good deal. If you are the type of person willing to work hard fixing up something you will probably never use in your life this is definitely for you.

Even if you can’t afford to get one of those 9 story bad boys they still have some awesome stuff available out there that many people don’t even know about.

Bunkers, both above ground and below, smaller silos, above ground fortified complexes complete with watch towers and a lot more.

These have some characteristics that make them unique to other more commercialized forms of shelter.
For example most of the hard work has already been completed, they are larger and built to withstand an actual nuclear blast, and in some cases are quite remote from civilization. These and other factors make them a great purchase for that overly paranoid tin foil hat wearing anti government nut job like my self

On a serious note however it should be mentioned that unless otherwise stated many of these facilities abandoned or not are still the property of the U.S. Government and trespassing to visit one constitutes a felony from what I understand, not to mention the dangers associated with the facilities themselves. So if you live near one and want to check it out consider this website first. VIRTUAL TOUR. So you don’t get your hands dirty or die from mesothelioma in the next 25 years
triggur.org...

At any rate you may still be targeted by Rusky ICBMs, but who gives a #$#% when your living in a sweet grown up play ground like this?
So answer the call of that paranoid schizo in you, and enjoy daydreaming about the end of the world.

Peace

Snow

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
WOW This is just fantastic. I hadn't seen this before so I must thank you for digging the links out!

I was only talking to hubby this morning about how awesome it would be to have an extra house under our already established house in case of apocalyptic disasters. Envisioning said disasters has become a bit of a hobby of ours and we spend hours discussing how we would survive LOL

However, THIS just trumps any ideas we could have ever come up with!

Sadly we're in Aus and have nothing even close to 2.5mil - which actually seems kinda cheap for what you're getting. We've got houses here that go for more than that and they aren't anywhere near as awesome as that!

Awesome find!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Apocolypstick

Out of curiosity do they even have anything similar o this in Australia?

On another side of the coin, if you were to get a bargain on one of these you would probably spend a ridiculous amount of money cleaning it out, removing 20+ meters of water from it, not to mention hiring a professional asbestos abatement contractor. The latter of which in this country can run tens of thousands of dollars alone. Then there is the retrofitting, another half million depending on your desires. Like I said though, it is more of a childhood fantasy kind of thing. You know what I mean, your own fortress of solitude. Where an adult can pretend they are part of something important.

Not to mention surprising the hell out of guests when you invite them into your basement through blast doors designed to withstand a 2000 pound blast.
OMG that's so cool!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
We are all going to DIE!!!!! in our lifetime(s)

Seriously though do you honestly think that you would survive if the earth was hit by an asteroid? the foundations of the said 'silo base' would be ripped up in an instance by a gigantic wave of enormous amouts of energy!

No siree I do not believe that anyone would be safe in these, just another money spinner.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Well actually it depends on the size of said asteroid and where exactly it hit the earth.

Its safe to say that if they dropped a 50 megaton bomb were detonated anywhere up to 150 miles away from a silo it would crush the silo flat assuming it was a ground blast.

That being said even if you never ever ever get to use one of these for anything more than a trophy home who cares. i honestly don't think you will be using it in your life time. Like I said in OP it's just for fun. nothing more.
Would I spend 2.3 million on it? that depends on if I had more than 2.3 million afterward.

Its just cool to me that all.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I have to tell ya...if I had a couple of million bucks, I wouldn't be spending it on a bunker.

OK...so you survive the meteor strike...then what? Just a few million years until the ol' evolution cycle squirts out the next civilization.

Or, you actually live past the nuclear holocaust...stay down for a few more years and survive the nuclear winters... then what? Live like Tom Hanks on a deserted earth talking to soccer balls?

Nope, with a couple of million...I'd be down on the Pamlico Sound...on a sail boat, steamin' shrimp and crabs...drinkin' some cold adult beverages...and wondering....Ocracoke Island or Wilmington? Maybe Charleston, SC?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Don't get me wrong nobody can deny its innovative, but whats the use of having it just to say I have it? I could think of more productive ways to spend 2.3 million. Like travelling the world before its hit by an asteroid or before man destroys it.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Oh I couldn’t agree with you more. I doubt seriously that I would be willing to spend so much money on something that personally I find unnecessary.

I just think its could from the perspective that you could actually own your very own underground complex. It has a very James Bond villain feel to it.

If I had a billion dollars and I wanted a hobby then yeah maybe I would spend some money making it better, but I doubt it. Though I rant on about being paranoid and what not the truth is I really don’t care so much.

As far as surviving anything, that really depends on the situation you are trying to survive I guess. No to mention is the world afterward worth living in as one poster just pointed out.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by snowen20]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
I have to tell ya...if I had a couple of million bucks, I wouldn't be spending it on a bunker.

Nope, with a couple of million...I'd be down on the Pamlico Sound...on a sail boat, steamin' shrimp and crabs...drinkin' some cold adult beverages...and wondering....Ocracoke Island or Wilmington? Maybe Charleston, SC?

Now your speaking my language!
Let the world end with me having a good time and enjoying the world the way it is now.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Apocolypstick

Actually we do have something similar here in Australia out at Coober Pedy and other remote areas of WA and SA. These underground structures we have also include motels and hotels, some with swimming pools, pubs etc etc.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

That's something to consider if one wanted to purchase such a facility.
I'm sure a person could set up a nice bed and breakfast type thing with on of these.
Or for something a little more quirky how about a theme hotel. the theme being post apocalyptic catastrophe. For dinner, rusty cans of pork and beans, and stale flat bread.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I don't know, some of our underground homes already have vegetable gardens.

You can access quite afew photos through Google. Type in underground homes in Coober Pedy then click on to images.

I used to have a website just for these homes up for sale but I'll be darned if I could remember it.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
Its safe to say that if they dropped a 50 megaton bomb were detonated anywhere up to 150 miles away from a silo it would crush the silo flat assuming it was a ground blast.

First off, it's not clear. Second, there was only one weapon of that output ever built and detonated, and they simply don't make them anymore

People have careers trying to steer nuclear warhead of more conventional output scale (like 200k) to silos, and from what I heard you need to hit it head on to destroy. So unless some world power is after you personally (in which case I don't envy you anyhow), this bunker of a house seems literally bomb-proof.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

That's kind of what i thought from reading about them.

I also read that they are suspended underground by springs. Kind of like double hulls on a ship with the inner hull being separated by buffer springs in this case to help absorb the energy from a blast, be it ground or air.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
What happens during a earthquake or even a blast that causes a earthquake.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jatsc

I don't think an earthquake would really do more than what a close blast would cause, and I'm sure they were created to absorb a certain amount of shock.

Like I said the inner facility is free floating in the larger superstructure by buffering systems.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I know some of you guys want to buy one of those bunkers up for sale, if anything to get away from your "felines". If I was American I would jump at the chance to own one.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

It is pretty cool, but I would seriously need to be very rich to purchase one.
Not because I want to afford it but because to me it is a tremendous waste of money and only being wealthy enough is to me an excuse to purchase one.

Like others have stated I can think of a lot of other things to spend 2 or 3 million dollars on that would be a far better investment.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
if i wanted one of those baby's, i would give it more a homely touch! if i had enough money, there would be a swimming pool and other things for recreation, when everybody else is dead i want something to do! maybe put in a snooker room, a gym, a sweet room along with some other ESSENTIALS :p

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Perhaps afew families could get together and share the purchase price. I can see the potential in turning them in to holiday havens.

Another idea is getting the funding and turning them in to boot camp for wayward kids; plenty of land there for them to turn it in to a Kibbutz style educational facility. Just a thought.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join