It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Godspeed to Iran, and congratulations.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bowlbyville
Ahhhh....another "I hate America" American. Seems like there's so many of them these days...is it BHO or is it just "Bush hangover?" Actually, don't bother to answer...I really don't want to know.

Where do you get that from, is it if you aren't to the right of Dick Chain, specifically for the permanent indiscriminate use of white phosphor bombs equates to "I'm an Amerikan and I hate the Yoo Esss Ayy", get over yourself.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Yep Allah bless Iran! They are certainly headed into the 21st century. I am so proud of our lovley friends in the middleast for all there hard work and dedication.

In fact if it wasnt for there hatered of my people, then they probably wouldnt have the inspiration to go to perform such feats of science.

Realy iran owes a big thanks to the United States, because we are there driving force. It feels so good to help another thriving nation out.

In the least we will have a big target to hit when we nuke there sorry selves. Hey then they can all thank us for sending them to Allah in a hand basket. Maybe the survivors can start there own religioun after they get vision frm the nuculer fall out.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

So, no religion other than Islam is tolerated in Iran and any other is crushed beneath the heels of the fanatic Islamic mullahs!

WRONG!

You seem to be confusing Iran with Saudi Arabia. Iran has a large Jewish community that even has parliamentary representation. This, despite the state of Israel trying to bribe them to move to Israel many times over the years. They stay because Iran is their homeland, Israel is not!

As for the election protests. A lot of the organisation and funding came from outside the country. Even the US government set aside a budget of $400 Million or so to be used in formenting civil unrest in Iran and funding the governments opponents. Of course, what we saw was only what we were allowed to see by the media and other interested parties with their own agendas.
Did you even notice that the Iranians, especially in the US, weer waving the flag of the deposed Shah, whose son wants to step back into Iran?

A simple question really would be, why do you seem to hate Iran? What has it done to you or your friends, relatives or country?
The US hysteria is laughable, most don't even know the first thing about Iran, only what their government or media spew out, usually provided by Israel and it's embedded agents in the US government.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Hey Moozi your havin a shocker!!
It was not her father that kept that poor girl abducted
for 18 years. Also to assume that babies were probably
raped is a peek into a mind that is obviously scarred.
Or have you been drinking again? Give it a rest, for
your own health at least. To the muslim poofs thats just
what they were, they were poofs who decided to murder
to cover their deeds, they werent murderers who just
decided to be gay. Oh and only kiwis know what a jandle
is. To remain topical, Iran is only doing what they are being
allowed to!

link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
crimes against humanity

I wonder how many women in Iran are getting Stoned today by these brave wife beaters?

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Boomer1941]

link   
I staunchly oppose war anywhere, including in Iran. And I have nothing but love and respect for the average citizenry of Iran as I do for all human beings everywhere. However I simply cannot ignore the actions of the Iranian government with which I so ardently disagree ethically.

Opposing Iran's human rights abuses is not automatically equivalent to dismissing or ignoring the human rights abuses of other nations, such as the United States. (This "choose a side" logic I have seen lately - wherein opposing the agenda of one "side" means supporting the other - is something I refuse to buy into personally.)

I choose to oppose war with Iran and promote peaceful coexistence, while still acknowledging and opposing what are in my opinion serious human rights abuses. I can oppose war with Iran and support the freedom and wellbeing of its people without being a supporter of the Iranian government or leadership. (Just as I can oppose war while being grateful to and concerned for our troops.)

I don't see ethical positions as all-or-nothing propositions.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by elfulanozutan0
...we're just playing chess and exerting opinions to the masses for certain political gain.

Let's not forget who invented chess.

How interesting that a country surrounded by an aggressive nuclear power and subjected to constant vilification in the western media has quietly pulled off a number of diplomatic coups this year that have put said aggressive nuclear power and its thuggish cohorts on the back foot.

First there was the capture of that US-backed terrorist on his way to a meeting with his US controller in Kyrgyzstan. Then there was the deal struck with Turkey and Brazil to process its uranium, on the precise terms set out by Obama, which Obama was then required - revealingly and embarrassingly - to reject. And now there is the fulfilment of its nuclear power programme, on time and against all the odds.

Fine defensive play I reckon, in a manner of which any Grandmaster would be proud.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boomer1941

crimes against humanity

I wonder how many women in Iran are getting Stoned today by these brave wife beaters?

Yeah! Good ol' white people in Gods chosen land, the USofA never abuse women do they. No woman is ever assaulted, raped, murdered in our white Christian Shangri-La's!

Sheesh! Look inward for a while before criticising others.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Britguy]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

crimes against humanity

Or how many will be ripped apart by Empire bombs and missiles if we bomb them and their kids to stop some domestic violence, you should see the amount of women with black eyes or broken forearms around here, better still don't look if you do you might wana bomb my area and then me and my kids might get burned and ripped apart.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

crimes against humanity

Yeah! Good ol' white people in Gods chosen land, the USofA never abuse women do they. No woman is ever assaulted, raped, murdered in our white Christian Shangri-La's!

Sheesh! Look inward for a while before criticising others.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Britguy]

No.

Not by their government and courts as punishment, no, they are not.

Men who do that to women and get caught in the US are sent to jail or prison for that.

In Iran, they are lauded.

You are trying to draw parallells where there are none. But good try at deflecting.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Libertygal]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silicis n Volvo

"remember...patriotism towards your country is hatred towards the rest of the world."

That has got to be the most ignorant statement I've heard in a long,long time....wow.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
THe wonderful country of Iran who shoots its young protestors in the chest.........

Warning: graphic
www.youtube.com...

She must have been paid by the CIA so it's her fault right? If Neda had been killed like this in the United States this board would literally blow its servers from the number of posts simultaniously being made against the USA.

I have stepped away from this board for the most part, but I return time to time to see the same tired ways that people will argue in support for oppressive countries just because they despise the United States so much. It is this ignorance that drives me away. The ignorance of supporting insane ideology for the sake of being against the USA. Oh, wait this is exactly the same thing Venezuaela does in supporting its allies North Korea and Iran. It is the exact same thing Iran does in its support of North Korea. It is ignorance in its highest form.

I would like someone to explain to me Iran's alliance with North Korea. An ally supports the agenda of their allies. They approve of their actions. It isn't is simple as, "my friend is my enemy's enemy". It is the fact that Iran is so insane it would support the most oppressive government on earth.

This same type of ideology is being played out here on this board before our eyes. People are backing terrorists or should I say "freedom fighters" and countries like North Korea just so they can oppose the USA.

I am 100% against the USA and its imperialist agenda. I am 100% against the USA interfering with Iran. However, I will never support insane ideologies and oppressive regimes just so I can voice my opposition against the USA. Only someone who lacks common sense, logic, and lacks the ability critically think would do such a thing. Only someone who supports ignorance would support the opposing evil instead of coming up with better solutions. These are the people who own this board now. I see no fresh ideas to oppose USA imperialism except for let's support the oppressive people who are against the USA.

It is literally sickening.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Bugman82]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bugman82
THe wonderful country of Iran who shoots its young protestors in the chest.........

Bugman82]

Over the years Israel has shot loads of protesters and I see mammoth amounts of Merkan police brutality practically every day.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye

Bugman82]

Over the years Israel has shot loads of protesters and I see mammoth amounts of Merkan police brutality practically every day.

How does my post have anything to do with Israel? I despise Israel and it's imperialistic agenda almost as much as I despise Iran. It doesn't change the fact that I despise oppressive people of all sorts.

Sorry, but I'm not like most people on this board who choose to support oppression just to oppose another type of oppression. Oh, wait that's is clearly you. You are justifying Iran's murder of a young protestor so you can oppose Israel. Like I said above. If this happened in the USA or Israel this board would blow its servers.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Urekabado

I have to respectfully disagree - you say you don't have a voice, but could that be because you don't use your voice?

If you know the whole system is corrupt, you can't rely on the (rigged) voting system - but you still do have a voice which you can use in other ways. There are lots of people who are using their voice to speak out against the corruption. Sure it requires effort, but what is the alternative? Each person has to make that choice.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye

Bugman82]

How does my post have anything to do with Israel? I despise Israel and it's imperialistic agenda almost as much as I despise Iran. It doesn't change the fact that I despise oppressive people of all sorts.

Sorry, but I'm not like most people on this board who choose to support oppression just to oppose another type of oppression. Oh, wait that's is clearly you. You are justifying Iran's murder of a young protestor so you can oppose Israel. Like I said above. If this happened in the USA or Israel this board would blow its servers.

Pretty much all wrong, I despise the Iranian regime at least as much as you, but from Scandinavia down govts are beastly to those among their people who protest their actions and I thought it was unfair to single out Iran like they were the worst and as you probably know there are at least a hundred countries that treat their population worse than Iran many amongst them allies of the USA/UK.

However I was wrong too, I blindly assumed that you were a rabbid Empire supporter which is why I said what I did, that's made an ass out of me but not quite you.

I would buy you an ale, but you're not actually present so Mr Bugman help yourself to one of your own fine brews.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
you american people really dont have a choice.
even if your country is invading innocent muslim people.
the muslim people will hate you,for the actions your leaders take.
and when your not supporting your country,your hated by both sides.

That's right!!!!
And to answer the idiot up above in reference to the America hating Americans, let this be testimony as to why.

All I want for America is revolution. And if not, let it collapse into obscurity. I could care less anymore.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

Cheers!

And I agree that there are other countries who do much that is worse or as terrible as Iran. We should be in opposition to all oppression. Oppression isn't justifiable in any way no matter who the oppressors are opposing.

I'm glad to find out you feel the same way

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

reply to post by Thepreye

Cheers!

And I agree that there are other countries who do much that is worst or as terrible as Iran. We should be in opposition to all oppression. Oppression isn't justifiable in any way no matter who the oppressors are opposing.

I'm glad to find out you feel the same way

Thanks and I agree.

"Oppress the oppressors" went the cry!

I still haven't got it have I, damn these tricky ethics issues.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Speaking a bit early aren't you?

I find it rather amusing people actually have a dog in this fight. Unless you are in Iran getting bombed, then I don't understand this. I get the whole "USA USA RAWR" thing, lots of idiotic people here are like that and I'm used to that. But, otherwise, you know you are gonna be hurting either way if there is a war right? War isn't a schoolyard game. It's kinda sick a world conflict is being used as form of entertainment here.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join