It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dattoo... The future internet link?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/32766ee12286.jpg[/atsimg]

I saw this article and it gave me mixed feelings.

Great..... a new way to connect easily to the internet
Wrong.... your entire life is wellknown to the TPTB

Five years ago, Frog Design founder Hartmut Esslinger envisioned a technology that “could influence notions of community, identity, and connectivity with minimal impact on the physical environment.” Using an online design portal, users would select and try out a customized electronic processing device that they would then print onto their own skin. The DNA Tattoo, or Dattoo, could include printable input/output tools such as a camera, microphone, or laser-loudspeaker – it would be up to the user, as would the Dattoo’s aesthetics. Most intriguingly, it would capture its wearer’s DNA, to ensure an intimate user/machine relationship.

www.gizmag.com...

What do you guys think about this "revolutionary" technology?

[edit on 18-8-2010 by DutchBigBoy]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Wow. Just how far will people go for the next step in technology? I guess, the sky is the limit? Quite hideous. Just my opinion

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
So it's just a concept as of yet? I really just cannot understand at all how someone is supposed to "print out" a circuit with the components they talk about...and then apply it to your skin...in fact they claim it's so non-invasive it can even be washed off at the end of the day or applied to regular clothing. It's a potentially good idea...however I'd only download and use open-source dattoos because I know I wouldn't be screwed over because the source is open, hence the name open-source, and it would be free, instead of purchasing a new one each day as they suggest. Unless of course they patent the technology or whatever and monopolize the market or something...

[edit on 18/8/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Open source is indeed a good thing but still I have mixed feelings about it.
Because of your DNA being used your own safety or anonimity is gone to my opinion.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
It's all fun and games until someones DNA gets hacked...

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
The final concept aims to achieve a convergence of the following capabilities: DNA-reader and identification technology; nanosensors and interactive "touch reading" for finger tips (Braille); pattern and image recognition; self-learning and educational applications; living materials that change shape and feel; flexible OLED displays; full voice interaction, directional laser speakers; bionic nano chips; and cyborg components.

top topics

join