It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doing Bar Tricks = GO TO JAIL FOR 45 YEARS!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Or maybe they can forget flaming bar shots, and just start firing a real gun in the air. There shouldn't be a law for that, huh? ....oh....there is? Damn police state!!! Infringing on our second amendment rights again. I know, they should let alligators run loose in the place........oh.....that's against the law too? Damn you, Obama!!!!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
They should have at least got a warning to stop first. I wish that the government would just publish 1 huge list of things we absolutely cannot do so we can at least be sure.

Like instead of the 10 Commandments we can have a 10,000 commandments.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loutty
They should have at least got a warning to stop first. I wish that the government would just publish 1 huge list of things we absolutely cannot do so we can at least be sure.

Like instead of the 10 Commandments we can have a 10,000 commandments.

The government produces 70,000 pages of regulations annually.

Many of which can result in fines or imprisonment if violated.

Without government to run our lives for us, we might actually be forced to think for ourselves and be productive. This would be an utter tragedy resulting in the monopoly men facing startup competition from young motivated entrepreneurs.

Heaven forbid someone starts a business these days. The government will regulate them into the ground for our own good.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 12GaugePermissionSlip

You're right, if there is even a minute chance of something hurting someone else, we should send people who do these things to prison for life.

You people who yammer on about how laws need to be upheld don't even understand what laws are for apparently. See, there is this vague, abstract concept called Justice. Now, I could take my time explaining this to you but considering I could write a thesis paper on it, I'll pass on that. But it's this really cool concept that is amazingly a central aspect of our system of law.

Sadly, as it has become apparent amongst the people in this thread who think this is alright, law isn't about justice anymore.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by SpectreDC]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I jaywalked in front of a cop car the other day, do you want to know what happened?

Absolutely nothing except I crossed the street.

The point? Between legislation and prosecution there is a little thing called enforcement. Not all laws are enforced even if they are on the books.

Now our OP anarchist friend might want his local bartender to burn down the bar with a pyrotechnic trick, killing everyone inside, but maybe, just maybe, that might not be the best idea.

I know common sense should prevail, however, looking over our OP's threads, it makes me wonder if common sense actually exists anymore.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Yeah, I want the bar tenders to kill everyone on a wild alcohol fueled arson spree.

Where you on the other hand want people who have harmed no one to be imprisoned for life.

Who is worse?

Tough call.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

I'll say it again because you obviously missed it...

Between legislation and prosecution there is a little thing called enforcement. Not all laws are enforced even if they are on the books.

Some people's anarchist children.

Just remember, you are free to do whatever you want, you just have to deal with the consequences of your actions.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

It's putting someones life in unnecessary danger that could result in death

Do you want to me repeatedly twirling around with an axe near people, seeing how close I can get the blade to their head? Or would you be against that.

What if people realized that, if there was no law against it, they could do this freely. Armies of crazy guys with axes wildly swinging them, kind of dangerous no?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

I losing patients for people who promote violence against the innocent.

I guess we have something in common.

'losing patients?'

Are you drinking??

It's loosing patients!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

People driving giant metal contraptions going 65 miles per hour doesn't put people, especially the people in them, in danger?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

Sir, I think its clear that instead of banning radio tuning while driving, we would all be safer if we just banned cars.

This whole driving business hurts the gia and puts lives in danger.

Tens of thousands of people die on our roadways every year. Its time we put a stop to this needless death and destruction by shooting everyone that owns a motor vehicle.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

Wait? He's a doctor? OH GOOD GOD! No wonder he is loosing patients.

It's Losing Patience.

YAY I get to be a grammar nazi! WOOT!

[edit on 8/18/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann

Originally posted by mnemeth1

I losing patients for people who promote violence against the innocent.

I guess we have something in common.

'losing patients?'

Are you drinking??

It's loosing patients!

No actually it's losing otherwise it would be loose patients.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I've done fire dancing and fire breathing for over 10 years, and I wish to add that it is exceedingly hard to light anything except the fuel on fire by fire breathing. Unless the bartender were

A. Breathing the fire at a big ol bucket of Everclear or gasoline

or

B. Breathing the fire at somebody's face

nobody was in any danger. Things don't just magically light on fire even if you do breathe fuel onto them, the fuel won't burn unless it is fairly well atomized, which means there ain't that much of it in any given volume of space, which means that the fuel burns out before it has the chance to light anything else fairly but not extremely combustible (i.e.wood) on fire.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by teamnick
I've done fire dancing and fire breathing for over 10 years, and I wish to add that it is exceedingly hard to light anything except the fuel on fire by fire breathing. Unless the bartender were

A. Breathing the fire at a big ol bucket of Everclear or gasoline

or

B. Breathing the fire at somebody's face

nobody was in any danger. Things don't just magically light on fire even if you do breathe fuel onto them, the fuel won't burn unless it is fairly well atomized, which means there ain't that much of it in any given volume of space, which means that the fuel burns out before it has the chance to light anything else fairly but not extremely combustible (i.e.wood) on fire.

Sir, I have reported you to the DHS as a potential terrist threat.

Expect armed black suited jackboot wearing police enforcers to kick down your door at any moment.

You are a threat to society.

You should be ashamed of your violent criminal actions.

Shame on you and may god have mercy on your soul.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

In your world it would be perfectly fine for the bartender to not only blow fire into someones face but to also shoot the burning victim afterwords. I know, Anarchy is your way of life.

I still think you should move to Detroit, it's pretty much what you want the United States to be like, Anarchy everywhere.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

In your world it would be perfectly fine for the bartender to not only blow fire into someones face but to also shoot the burning victim afterwords. I know, Anarchy is your way of life.

I still think you should move to Detroit, it's pretty much what you want the United States to be like, Anarchy everywhere.

In your world, you are so scared of fire breathing bar tending tricks that you would have jackbooted thugs haul off entertainers in handcuffs and charge them with 45 years of felony offenses.

I know its a big scary world out there, but trust me, fire breathing bar tenders should be lower on your list of concerns than being struck dead by lightning.

Of course, not only are you paying for their imprisonment and court costs, you are demanding that I pay for those costs as well - which is ridiculous in the extreme.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Actually no, I am not afraid of fire breathing bartenders, I am afraid of drunken morons who think that a pyrotechnic show inside is a good idea.

I know you think that common sense would win out, but people are idiots.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
As a Bar man with a pyro ticket, sound and lights being my main and fav part of the biz...
Breathing fire and pyro are two different things...

Please note that they have been doing it for years
they are locally famous for it
they ADVERTISE with it....

Some connected clown couldn't get served, complaimed and the constabulary got a call from the mayor, its an election year, bla bla bla

fire breathing entertainers work all over the world
when have they every hurt any one
here is my fishing buddy Garath
www.youtube.com...
don't piss him off hell "blow" your head off
lol
we let him do this in the living room, jeeez

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Should I post videos of traffic accidents?

How about scary videos of terrists?

As if one night club fire is supposed to mean we should imprison all fire breathing bar tenders.

The men did not hurt anyone - unlike the people in your video. If someone is hurt by the tricks, they can sue. This is why we have civil courts. We don't need to imprison bar tenders to keep society safe.

This is utter nonsense.

Its double nonsense that I am being forced to pay for the imprisonment and trial of such bar tenders at gun point. This is the biggest outrage of it all.

It amazes me that you are willing to come into this forum and openly admit that you are so scared of fire breathing bar tenders that you are willing to commit your own money to see that they are safely behind bars.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by mnemeth1]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join