It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean Fighter Jet Crashes In China On Way To Russia..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

If North Korean money is not worth anything; Then the people are working labor of foreign country's.

en.wikipedia.org...
In 2005, North Korea was ranked by the FAO as an estimated 10th in the production of fresh fruit and as an estimated 19th in the production of apples. It has substantial natural resources and is the world's 18th largest producer of iron and zinc, having the 22nd largest coal reserves in the world. It is also the 15th largest fluorite producer and 12th largest producer of copper and salt in Asia. Other major natural resources in production include lead, tungsten, graphite, magnesite, gold, pyrites, fluorspar, and hydropower.

Here's some information of North's Korea's economy.
What do you think?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Except most of this is embargoed outside of Asia and South America by the U.N. What doesn't get exported is usually confiscated by the gov't and destroyed. Very little is left to the growers. Honestly I have no idea about the miners and thier situation, however my fiance' is technically South Korean but her father is North Korean (fled successfully and married a SK woman in 1974, still has family he is able to talk to when the gov't allows it) these are the hard facts coming out of that country my friend. Those stats are only reported by the NK gov't themselves, not by independant evaluators.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

If North Korean money is not worth anything

I didn't say that. Did I? Please tell me where I said that... and quote me on that, as you are quite convinced I did!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

You asked about their currency. I figured you thought their money was not worth much.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Where did I ask about their currency? Please show me where??

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Trying to defect to Russia, lol there is nothing which they don't use against N-Korea, so embarrassing, why else would you spend billions of dollars on Propaganda abroad.

Regarding the cause of the crash, Asahi Shimbun reports, "China received a request for an emergency landing right before the crash,” adding, "the Chinese authorities think that something went wrong with the jet and it failed to land at a military airport near the scene of the accident."

www.dailynk.com...

A military expert in Beijing explained more about the jet in the same piece, saying, "The jet is a MiG-21. It can be identified by the bulging back of the fuselage and the wings, which are perpendicular to the body. Judging from the fact that there was no fire at the time of the crash, it can be assumed that the pilot attempted an emergency landing without any fuel left in the jet."

Keep propaganda way from ATS please, it stinks.

In regards to the defect theory, that is also pure propaganda, Japan and S-Korea will always jump to those sort of propaganda because the US owns their a$$es, and they can't even get rid of the US based on the people's wishes:

Mainichi Shimbun was similarly skeptical about the defecting theory, reporting, "It would have made more sense for the pilot to head south than to pass through Chinese airspace if he really was trying to defect. Most probably he was just on a patrol or training in response to the South Korea-United States joint military exercises which started on the 16th."

It explained, "Some in Beijing diplomatic circles say that the pilot was trying to defect to China, but experts on the North Korea-China relationship say that the possibility of his having wanted to defect to China, where defectors are most likely to be repatriated, is low.

Since he wasn't going to China, because that would be pretty stupid, he was going to Russia lol... What a logic

[edit on 19-8-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Thursday, August 19, 2010
1 US Dollar = 135.000 North Korean Won
1 North Korean Won (KPW) = 0.007407 US Dollar (USD)

so yes NK's currency is pretty much worthless.

from looking at the pics of the fighter i would say it was either a mechanical failure or a lucky AAA shot. And No AAA gunners do not aim for the rear of the aircraft they aim in front of the craft. big difference between an AAA gun and a SAM.

As bad off as Nk is right now i highly doubt the fighter had a full fuel load to begin with so a mad dash to Russia would be out of the question to begin with. travelling at Mach 2 and low on fuel it wouldn't have made the 20 minute flight to Russia. its fuel burn is just to high.

even if Somehow this pilot made it to Russia and landed safely we would never know what he really told the Russians after they interrogated him. More than likely they would very quietly shipped him Back to NK

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

even if Somehow this pilot made it to Russia and landed safely we would never know what he really told the Russians after they interrogated him. More than likely they would very quietly shipped him Back to NK

People are still living in Movies, very embarrassing.

Why didn't he go south?

He could have went to many places other than Russia, he could have went to Japan? South Korea? Why the hell would he try to travel all the way to Russia?

People are gonna become obese soon, but this time not because of food, but because of eating too much propaganda.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
This is curious. It crashed but didn't burn. On one hand the pilot is referred to as "inexperienced", but he put that plane down pretty neatly, i mean, it didn't go nose first.

I think if he went south, AA would have got him, he'd know that. No defenses against the china border ... apparently. China would not be alarmed at a NK aeroplane in it's airspace ... it would seem. So, 1 in a million chance to make it over china to where he could escape, perhaps he viewed Russia as a safehaven?

It's easy for them to write this off as an unhappy trainee, but what's the chances it was someone higher up, who could have been valuable to russian intel?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller
This is curious. It crashed but didn't burn. On one hand the pilot is referred to as "inexperienced", but he put that plane down pretty neatly, i mean, it didn't go nose first.

I think if he went south, AA would have got him, he'd know that. No defenses against the china border ... apparently. China would not be alarmed at a NK aeroplane in it's airspace ... it would seem. So, 1 in a million chance to make it over china to where he could escape, perhaps he viewed Russia as a safehaven?

It's easy for them to write this off as an unhappy trainee, but what's the chances it was someone higher up, who could have been valuable to russian intel?

He could have radioed S-Korea just like he radioed China, and claim he was a defect. We all know how desperate the US is for such a news to defame N-Korea. S-Korea would happily take him in.

You guys watch too much movies.

I don't trust anything coming out of the opposite side. It is like trusting NATO with Taliban news, common, don't be naive.

It is like trusting Taliban with NATO news, common don't be naive.

It doesn't mean it isn't true, it just means propaganda will be in there, and the defect part smells like propaganda.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

why didn't he go south? because as soon as he crossed the DMZ into Sk they would have shot him down. same for flying to Japan.

And if you would have actually read my post i said

from looking at the pics of the fighter i would say it was either a mechanical failure or a lucky AAA shot.

As bad off as Nk is right now i highly doubt the fighter had a full fuel load to begin with so a mad dash to Russia would be out of the question to begin with. travelling at Mach 2 and low on fuel it wouldn't have made the 20 minute flight to Russia. its fuel burn is just to high.

AND

if Somehow this pilot made it to Russia and landed safely we would never know what he really told the Russians after they interrogated him.

next time please actually read what people type and understand what you are reading before posting with your nonsense.

[edit on 8/19/2010 by Mercenary2007]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

I'm guessing you don't know how to use a radio?? Once again, he didn't need to cross to S-Korea in order to contact S-Koreans.

He just had to head towards the South, establish contact, and there you go.

And I did read what you wrote..

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

I too think the defecting to Russia story is hogwash, as if he was trying to defect to Russia, Vladivostock is but a stones throw away from the NK border; no need at all to risk flying through Chinese then Mongolian airspace and cause a ruckus.

Plus he could have got to Vladivostock in the blink of an eye. It's not like a Mig pilot wouldn't have navigation equipment and a basic sense of direction.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

I'm guessing you don't know how to use a radio?? Once again, he didn't need to cross to S-Korea in order to contact S-Koreans.

He just had to head towards the South, establish contact, and there you go.

And I did read what you wrote..

and your assuming that the South would just agree to let him fly over the DMZ? What fantasy land do you live in? There is no way the South would let a North pilot fly over the DMZ even if he did use his radio and tell them he was defecting.

Tensions are already high between the North and South. After the North was accused of sinking a SK ship recently Do you really think that the North would just let the South "thumb their nose" at them after the North demands the return of their pilot and plane?

Like i said understand what your reading before you post with your nonesense! You still don't understand that i'm agreeing that he WAS NOT DEFECTING to Russia! And that more than likely his fighter suffered a major mechanical failure or possibly ran out of fuel due to had times in NK!

reply to post by cloudbreak

Yes the defecting to Russia story is hogwash. not everyone is smart enough to look at a map and see he wouldn't even have to fly through china's airspace to get to Russia IF he was trying to defect.

Which makes the story that he was either low on fuel or suffered a mechanical failure more than likely and was trying to make it to an airfield in China for help, as it was probably closer than a NK base.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Me and you don't disagree, I'm just trying to clear the propaganda by frustrating you.

Yes South Korea wouldn't allow a Jet to enter even if defect because that would be idiotic ..

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Me and you don't disagree, I'm just trying to clear the propaganda by frustrating you.

Yes South Korea wouldn't allow a Jet to enter even if defect because that would be idiotic ..

its not hard to frustrate me right now it is very late at night here or very early in the Am however you want to look at it. But i'm very tired and easily frustrated

but i do have something for you to think about.

it is also possible that the North Thought he was trying to defect to China and ordered his plane shot down. But since there is no visible evidence of damage on the rear of the plane to indicate his plane had been hit by a SAM. that would mean IF he was shot down it would have more than likely been a AAA gun which would have been aimed in front of his aircraft thus explaining some of the nose damage.

But the likely hood that he was defecting or was shot down is slim at best.

propaganda works both ways so we'll never really know the truth about what happened to this one mig 21 in NK

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Yes there is a possibility, we just have to wait and see what the Chinese investigators reveal.

I created a thread in regards to how we can find the truth in the age of lies.

It just isn't possible after the evidence is taken, because it can be tampered with.

Even with the S-Korean naval sinking, the evidence was hidden from the beginning.

So I realized the only way to even come close to the truth, is by finding out who gained the most out of the incident.

That is true if the country we are talking about is materialistic, meaning that country wants money, resources, more land etc, and is arrogant.

There are other factors also, but we can't know ultimate true at the age of lies, we can only come close to it, and feel it
and touch it sometimes.

OK going off topic now ^^

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
He didn't go South because he would have been treated as a threat by BOTH sides AND shot down. The North thinking he was defecting and the south thinking he was attacking.That and his flight mission probably took him North. Guys stop assigning things that are not there to this.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by djvexd]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Somebody asked about the defection incident with the Mig 25:

In the afternoon of September 6, 1976, with only 30 seconds of fuel remaining, a MiG-25, one of Soviet Russia's most prized and secret weapons, broke through the clouds above Hakodate, Japan, narrowly avoided a departing Japanese airliner, and dove down to the city's commercial airport where, in front of hundreds of amazed Japanese motorists, it landed—screeching, skidding, blowing a tire, plowing 800 feet off the runway, and finally stopping a few feet from a large antenna. Viktor Belenko had arrived in the West. Unlike the defections of athletes, artists, and diplomats who knew the truth about the United States, Belenko knew little other than the lies of Soviet propaganda. As a jet fighter pilot he was one of the elite of the Soviet military; with his future secure he had the best which that society could offer. But the lies, hypocrisy, and corruption inherent in that system made living there intolerable.

fullcontext.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Link

[edit on 19/8/2010 by deltaalphanovember]

Strange my link wont post so here it is:

web.archive.org...://fullcontext.org/people/belenko.htm

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
reply to post by crisko

Are you joking? No air force in the world mistreats their pilots, let alone let them starve? That's insane and nobody does that! Are the other posters here not recognizing that heat seeking missiles go for HEAT - IE the Back of the plane??

Oh wow, how "stupid am I"? Heat seeking missiles OBVIOUSLY go for the cockpit and fuselage! Gee, how stupid am I?!!

If I'm wrong, I apologise! I truly do!

[edit on 18-8-2010 by TortoiseKweek]

Why heat seeking missile?

Why not a radar locked missile that WOULD go to the nose cone?

Not saying the plane got shot down but there's more out there then heat seeking missiles.

[edit on 19/8/10 by Romekje]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join