It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean Fighter Jet Crashes In China On Way To Russia..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

North Korean Fighter Jet Crashes In China On Way To Russia..

www.bbc.co.uk

A North Korean aircraft, which may be a fighter jet, has crashed in China near the country's shared border, say Chinese and South Korean reports.

It is believed the pilot, who was killed, may have been trying to defect to Russia, according to unnamed intelligence sources cited by Yonhap.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I'm surprised a NK jet made it off the ground... lol. I wonder what it was doing on it's way to Russia? Most likely to pick up spare 1970's parts that are not available anywhere else.

PHOTO: news.bbcimg.co.uk...

I bet these crashes happen a lot within the North Korean borders but it never makes it out into the western MSM.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I remember that a long time ago, maybe even as far back as the 80's, that I think it was a Chinese or Russian Pilot flew a Mig 25 Foxbat out of the Country and defected to maybe Hong Kong?

Does anybody remember that?

I can still picture him climbing out of the cockpit and from memory was holding up a gun, sort of surrendering.

Like the poster said, I bet this goes on quite a lot but is simply not reported on!

I would sure as hell want to escape and what better way to do it, at Mach 2.5 over the border!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
My money is on this plane being shot down. How embarrassed would NK and Russia be if a NK fighter jet landed in Russia, and the pilot wanted to defect?? Major PR headaches for both countries!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Well I'll put real money on a defection. Yes, It could have been shot down to prevent a PR disaster.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I dunno. Looking at the pictures here Yahoo News it doesn't really show any typical damage of being shot down. More likely it was fueled for a shorter flight and the pilot tried to make a break for it.
Quote:
"Analysts believe the plane may have been bound for Russia and flown off course, but the reason for the flight or the crash remains shrouded in mystery. The inexperience of the pilot, or fuel shortage though, may have been a factor.

Bolstering that theory, analysts say North Korean pilots often lack adequate training due to scant fuel available to fly as many hours as needed to hone their skills.

“Most of their planes are out of date,” says Kim Tae-woo, senior research fellow at the Korea Institute for Defense Analyses. ”They fly very much less than our South Korean planes. They have a fuel problem and lack spare parts.”

Either way, interesting developments indeed. S+F

[edit on 18-8-2010 by djvexd]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
DO NOT ACCUSE US OF FLYING NEAR THE CHINESE BORDER, OR WE WILL PUNISH THE SOUTH KOREAN TRAITORS AND AMERICAN AGRESSORS WITH MERCILESS UNHEARD OF PUNISHMENTS!

I bet that's the next headline we see
And South Korea will be accused of using a Torpedo to bring it down.

It only takes 20 minutes at Mach 2 to reach the Russian border from N.K.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by crisko]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

"Could have been shot down"

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by djvexd

Not likely. Maybe he got lost and ran out of fuel, or perhaps it was mechanical failure.

That or the pilot starved to death mid-flight.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The photos I have seen clearly show a nearly intact Mig 21, only the nose section is heavily damaged, hence the dead pilot.

It has long since been known that the NKs don't put an amount of fuel in their aircraft that would enable pilots to reach Chinese or South Korean airfields - it isn't a 100% certain tactic, but it reduces the risk.

This particular aircraft was shown with its flaps deployed in the crash photo which leads me to suspect that the ejection seat had been disarmed and the pilot was attempting a forced landing. Other than the nose section, the aircraft was otherwise undamaged, it did not show any signs of having been shot down.

It was an attempted defection in a "hobbled" fighter, I'm sorry the pilot only realised freedom through death, I would imagine his original plan was somewhat different.

I'm sure we could have learned a lot from him about conditions in NK, the recent spate of military defections to China leads me to believe that the country is beginning to fall apart.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by crisko

reply to post by djvexd

Not likely. Maybe he got lost and ran out of fuel, or perhaps it was mechanical failure.

OK fair enough but I highly doubt he got "Lost"
He was making a run for it.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by crisko

reply to post by djvexd

i would say mechanical failure too.
from the image the aircraft doesnt look too damaged, so he must have tried to land it on the way down but didnt have the space and crashed. the plane didnt explode. picture

haha starved mid-flight
star

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

Mechanical failure meaning malfunction due to lack of fuel? agreed...
Although it is interesting to note as one of the posters mentioned that the flaps DID appear to be down (had to go back and look at that). That is messed up if he couldn't eject. What does that mean if those poor pilots go into actual combat? Will they only THEN arm the ejector seats? ***This is PURE SPECULATION on my part****

[edit on 18-8-2010 by djvexd]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by crisko

Are you joking? No air force in the world mistreats their pilots, let alone let them starve? That's insane and nobody does that! Are the other posters here not recognizing that heat seeking missiles go for HEAT - IE the Back of the plane??

Oh wow, how "stupid am I"? Heat seeking missiles OBVIOUSLY go for the cockpit and fuselage! Gee, how stupid am I?!!

If I'm wrong, I apologise! I truly do!

[edit on 18-8-2010 by TortoiseKweek]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

It is the new and UBER secret NK pilot-seeking missiles. Very deadly and no countermeasures available.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Well there was an article I read about a month ago. The article mentioned that many of the food soldiers were becoming less and less; also that they had to eat corn and noddles.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

That might be soldiers on the ground, but it's not fighter pilots. That is a different story!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Well how much is North Korean currency worth? I can tell you if we did go to war with North Korea that it will be very difficult. I doubt we know everything that goes on there.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

What does their currency have anything to do with it? I'm sure the NK's would like to get out.... But They have NO choice in doing so.... Can You Help?? Can You?!!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Don't get me wrong, I like you, I'm merely asking! I have no answers, I wish I Did! If You do, You Would be My Hero!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join