It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iris Scanners Create the Most Secure City in the World. Welcome, Big Brother

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Source

We've all seen and obsessively referenced Minority Report, Steven Spielberg's adaptation of Philip K. Dick's dystopian future, where the public is tracked everywhere they go, from shopping malls to work to mass transit to the privacy of their own homes. The technology is here. I've seen it myself. It's seen me, too, and scanned my irises.

Biometrics R&D firm Global Rainmakers Inc. (GRI) announced today that it is rolling out its iris scanning technology to create what it calls "the most secure city in the world." In a partnership with Leon -- one of the largest cities in Mexico, with a population of more than a million -- GRI will fill the city with eye-scanners. That will help law enforcement revolutionize the way we live -- not to mention marketers.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I hope this isn't already on here, if it is mods please close this thread.

Just read this story on Yahoo and thought everyone should know about it. It's a very scary thought. Glad I don't live in that Mexican town!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by thov420
I hope this isn't already on here, if it is mods please close this thread.

Just read this story on Yahoo and thought everyone should know about it. It's a very scary thought. Glad I don't live in that Mexican town!

Already here 3 minutes before your post...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
That would be why I didn't find anything before I posted lol. Thanks BenIndaSun. This thread can be closed.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Had my irises scanned at Kingsford Smith Airport in Sydney back in May.
I do not like this but if I want to travel I guess I have to comply

But in saying that, customs in Sydney was the best I had gone through the whole trip, Greece, Rome, UK, Egypt and Dubai were a bloody nightmare and made me angry and a tad mouthy. LUcky I was not arrested.

the rebellious
res

new topics

top topics

join