It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims pray daily at Pentagon's 9/11 crash site

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
militaryanddefensepolicy.com...

Americans are debating bitterly the proposed building of a mosque near New York's ground zero, but for years Muslims have prayed quietly at the Pentagon only 80 feet from where another hijacked jetliner struck.

Pentagon officials say that no one in the military or the families of the victims of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks has ever protested.

It's true.

[edit on 8/18/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I bet they pray the same prayer as me. I pray that my religion is not portrayed to the world as an evil one. I am a Christian. We have the same God, all of us.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
I bet they pray the same prayer as me. I pray that my religion is not portrayed to the world as an evil one. I am a Christian. We have the same God, all of us.

I don't know if we all have the same God but then who am I to limit God?
I might think it would be great if we all had a good heart though.

American Muslims (hate to have to distinguish between "American" races!), anyone, even very nosey people are welcomed IN my house.

Frankly, I do not see the link here with good people entering into an already existing dwelling and praying versus the mosque issues. But then some just need to find trouble where the isn't I guess

It boils down to tolerance and the genuine good will of our neighbors.
In this instance, there is good will and nothing is being forced.

sl

[edit on 18-8-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

The chapel at the Pentagon is interfaith...common in military areas.

www.washingtonpost.com...
The chaplains who serve the Pentagon have always wanted a chapel. It took Sept. 11, 2001 -- and the approval of the president -- to finally get one, said the Pentagon chaplain, Col. William Broome , a former Vietnam helicopter pilot.

"Here is a place on the site of disaster where faith has sprung to bring hope," he said. "There is hope in this building."

About 90 people can fit in the chapel. It's kept "spiritually neutral": No cross, Torah or Koran is on permanent display. Such symbols are brought out for the various services.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I served with a heroe in the Army who just happened to come from a Muslim family. In fact, I'm sure there were many more than that one. Being a Muslim does not make you a terrorist, just as being a Christian does not make you a child molester. Whether people like it or not, there are many Americans who are also Muslim. In fact, this same argument was made about black people and Native Americans at one point in time.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by strangleholder1

Pander to these idiots? You're speaking of other Americans here. How do you feel about Muslims serving in the military?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Don't play those games with him.

It's an obvious bait post to get a rise out of people. We should be ignoring people like this in order to get ATS back to what it was.

If they stop getting attention they WILL go away.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
EDIT: Superman is right, why feed the trolls?

[edit on 18-8-2010 by drwizardphd]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
nevermind...not worth it.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by David9176]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

Everyone gets the benefit of the doubt with me...once.
My guess is he won't be back to answer that.

No one who is asked the really HARD questions about this issue...i.e. where they see this heading...seems to knows how to answer them.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by strangleholder1
Praying lol more like gathering intelligence for next time, the tide has turned and now we pander to these idiots. This is the end for society, at least the indians behave......

Yeah I mean how dare we allow people the right to pray?
And at an interfaith chapel?

Unfortunately there are idiots everywhere, as your presence in this thread proves, but I see no wrongdoing in allowing people to pray, wherever and to whomever they so choose.

[edit on 18/8/10 by blupblup]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I understand, and for clarification, was not trying to attack you. I apologize if it came off as harsh.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
I see no wrongdoing in allowing people to pray, wherever and to whomever they so choose.

Well, behind the wheel of a car isn't a good time.

Tolerance in the military. Maybe we should put them in charge of the media. Not like it can get any worse.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Well, behind the wheel of a car isn't a good time.

Au contraire, If said vehicle is veering off the road in some extreme weather condition or something... I'd say it's the Perfect time to pray

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
stick to the topic. if you cannot, then don't post and, yes, you both know who I'm talking to.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

No offense taken. It's fine. I'd really like to know what he meant.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty

Originally posted by earthdude

I don't know if we all have the same God but then who am I to limit God?
I might think it would be great if we all had a good heart though.

American Muslims (hate to have to distinguish between "American" races!), anyone, even very nosey people are welcomed IN my house.

Frankly, I do not see the link here with good people entering into an already existing dwelling and praying versus the mosque issues. But then some just need to find trouble where the isn't I guess

It boils down to tolerance and the genuine good will of our neighbors.
In this instance, there is good will and nothing is being forced.

sl

[edit on 18-8-2010 by sweetliberty]

This is what I meant.

sl

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join