It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rock star Nugent fined for baiting deer on TV show

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Were you inside the travel trailer at the time if so that is one lucky hunter you showed great self control.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

no, i was down at the cabin, which is not visible till your basically on top of it.
heard the shooting, heard the glass break, and snuck around and then up behind him.
honestly, i thought he was just another idiot shooting out windows on remote private property.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by rubbertramp

Originally posted by intrepid
He was filming for his show. The wildlife was being uncooperative as they are wont to do, so he sped up the process. That's all. He probably saved money on production costs by still paying the fine. No conspiracy here.

and this all makes it ok?

I didn't say it made it OK, I just said it makes sense. Do your crime, pay your fine and tomorrow is another day.

Sliced straight through to the crux of the issue, it's show business and the show must go on $$$ gota get made damn the law.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
again
hunters all agree to obey the law
it is critical to conservation
its sacred oath to real men everywhere
and poaching is looked down on like child molesting is by all those that play by the rules.

A century ago, commercial exploitation, unregulated hunting and poor land-use practices, including deforestation severely depressed deer populations in much of their range. For example, by about 1930, the U.S. population was thought to number about 300,000. After an outcry by hunters and other conservation ecologists, commercial exploitation of deer became illegal and conservation programs along with regulated hunting were introduced. Recent estimates put the deer population in the United States at around 30 million

en.wikipedia.org...

do you get it yet..?
the conservation rules were to prevent deer from becoming as extinct in the US as the passenger pigeon. because without the rules we have they would be EXTINCT by now...and none of you would be enjoying them at all...if every hunter followed Ted's example the deer would be gone in no time.

For Ted to abuse the LAW from his public position AND while filming a HUNTING SHOW is the HEIGHT of HYPOCRACY...
As my father the head deer guide at maybe the most prestigious and ONLY chartered club in Canada always said:
"A hypocrite is the lowest thing you can be."
Are you reading this TED?

Ted just last week on Alex JONES bragged about his god given righteous conservative political stance and ranted insultingly about the bleeding heart liberals that oppose his "Conservative " views and how they are destroying America.
He claimed his family view on hunting and trapping was preserving the environment.
HE MADE IT A LEFT RIGHT ISSUE
with his fat mouth on the radio and his dumb book.
and if extincting the deer isn't destroying America I don't know what is.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Good Ole Teddy, All of us in Michigan, who are hunters, should have some idea that you can't go baiting anymore (here at least), so why would he think he could do it someplace else? Any way, all the musicians I know who had to deal with him knows he is a piece of work. Regardless, why not just hunt over the "acorn pile"? That's what we do, Wink Wink! Ted, Ted Ted. Tisk, Tisk.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
ok, so far i think the majority think this was a really stupid move on teds part.
the man really should have known better, considering his 'woodsman' expertise.
personally i think this type of thing gives the rest of us 'woodsman' a bad name.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Ok I am not a hunter nor have I ever hunted wild animals. The first time I had deer I passed out, seriously. I was told after the fact and in my defense I was 12....

Anyways, so it's illegal to bait the animals? I ONLY ask this because don't you bait fish with well other fish? Isn't that the same or are some animals treated in a different way. I am not being sarcastic, I really don't know.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Personally, I think it was mostly due to "the Nuge" being "the Nuge".

Every hunter knows that he HAS to have his tag's in order or the warden will possibly make your life miserable. Just the way it is and always has been. These guy have a job to keep things square. Rarely do they go out of their way to cause trouble (least not around where I go).

I've never been bothered by wardens and most of the time their good guys.

Baiting? You have to know where you are. Texas has no issue with it (feeders are everywhere!).

The spike? Well, that could have been a goof depending on if it was a button or say a 5" spike. I screwed up one season and it cost me a buck tag and a future trophy buck. I thought I had an "ok (not great)" doe. It was the last day I had and wanted meat to take home so I took the shot. 168 grain hollowpoint boat tail .308, 75 yards, just below the head. One shot, one kill. No pain.

I went to confirm the kill and gut it and what do you know? Goolies and barely rubbed buttons!

Damn.

That made me sick to take a young buck out of the next rut. Oh well. I learned a lesson to look closer. Hunting carries responsibilities.
The meat was lovely but no trophy. I didnt deserve it on that kill.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Bubba, we aint likely to make deer go extinct anytime soon. 99% of us go by the rules and will narc out anyone that dont. I'm totally with you on poachers.

The only "poacher" I turn my sight from are those in the country when the deer come into your garden / yard repeatedly. You have the choice of making them a pet (I've seen it. Pretty collar and all) or taking them out. Thats them coming to YOU though. Not the other way.

A few years back, we had TOO many deer. Disease was increasing and they were going into domestic areas. Car wrecks and the works. Several counties raised the limits way up to counter this (venison for all! :lol

I'm a firm believer in keeping the herds healthy but they are a fairly prolific lot.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Oh no! Does this mean...gulp, Bambi is dead?

What about Thumper? Is Thumper ok?

By the way Deer kill more people in the United States through auto accidents than any other cause of violent death.

If they were Muslims killing themselves by walking in front of cars half the members would be calling for all out war.

It's time we put a stop to this onslaught of Jihadist deer!

Deer Accidents

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration there are about 1.5 million car accidents with deer each year that result in $1 billion in vehicle damage, about 150 human fatalities, and over 10,000 personal injuries. The actual numbers are probably higher because the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's figures for deer accidents, rely on inconsistent state reporting- there is no standard reporting of deer accidents in the country yet, and a "reportable deer accident" varies significantly between states.

Way to go Ted you have those murderous deer in a strangle hold right across their face...cue the music.

Ted Nugent, Deer enemy number 1 and a true American!

Proto, you sir are a smart ass! I admire that in you! Thats just too dang funny!

Jihadi deer?
ALALALLALALALLLAALALLALALALA!

Here is one of them "playing possum"! I love this one!

911-call-deer-joe.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
hopefully none of you morons are ever in a survival issue. no one seems to complain u.s. snipers baiting iraqi's, but # bait a deer and you go to jail.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
man, i always thought he was full of himself and hot air when he had that lame reality show. a regular Mr. knowitall, and on top of that he has gene simmons syndrome ( thinking women are attracted to you when they are actually repulsed). It used to agitate me when i'd heard him talk about how he kills everything he eats and how he's a straight edge and honorary cop, when all i saw was a washed up c-list celebrity that showed signs of being a sociopath and a potential pedo.

regardless of all our opinions, i'd have to say that $1750 was a pretty cheap fine for an honorary cop who knows the laws concerning baiting and poaching. that fine should have been $175,000 and a forfeiture of all his hunting weapons.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
He needs a spotter. I'm a spotter. I've been a spotter all my life. It's a spiritual thing for me. Whenever I go out in the woods I can scare up deer no problem. I don't shoot them, but it alright for other people to.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Planting sweet corn and clover for the purpose of "managing deer" is no better. To me it's farming deer. Easy pickings. They are used to being there, it's easy for you. It sucks. If you hunt... HUNT, actually go up in the woods, sit for hours in the cold and wait. Sometimes you get lucky, most times you don't. Father always told me it's not about killing the animal anyways... it's the experience of being out there, and he was right.

BTW. Out of those who watch those "shows" on tv about deer hunting, how many think that those are actual hunts? 99% of those shows are on a game ranch where the game is raised, are used to humans and in reality cannot escape... how fair is that?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
BOO HOO
more guberment bs

ted can afford it...lol

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by brutalsun

deer farms are basically the same as hunting cows. find the target in your scope, you know, the one just standing there munching on grass. most times both the cows and deer will come towards you when they hear the sound of a truck coming up the road. hey, look guys, humans with a truck load of hay, yummy.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Here in Washington it is illegal to bait during the season but nothing stops you from placing salt licks and as another poster here had mentioned, planting grasses that attract deer for feeding or bedding. You must remove any man made attractants before the season starts and your good to go. Some states are much different in how they view deer, as in some states every few years they open it up to keep the population down but laws are laws, and if you break them you should answer for them. No one said these animals were not being eaten, but it is clear that a person of Nugent's political standings and practices, he of all people should have known what he was doing was wrong. Wonder if they revoked his licence?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
If you ask me there is no really good reason of any kind for these stupid baiting laws. A hunter can use calls on game of all sorts, scopes, blinds, lure....lure...whats the dif between a pile of apples or salt lick and "female something in really bad heat" smell? Of a call made to sound like an over sexed ready to go something or another? Or recordings of baby rabbits being consumed to call in wild dogs?

And trapping lure? For beaver its a rootbeer like smell. For fox you can use fox in heat to call and site lure to get them to dig at the set. So this baiting deer is all about bull#.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I can't believe how people go nuts over ONE stupide animal, it's not like Nugent killed a child, it was a animal and nothing more. There's plenty of deer in the world, what's the problem, why the fine? Why 3 pages of lamenting, animal-loving and talking # about a guy all those people here don't even know?

Ted Nugent's a great musician, i couldn't care less what he does in his private life unless he hurts humans, which he'd never do. I couldn't care less about a stupid deer, but think it's just bull# to let him pay a fine, for something nobodoy should really care, if this world wasn't so #ed up with all the political correctness and animal love

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Ted Nugent is well known for his exploits with underage girls in the past.
and i sure wouldnt let him around any of your daughters..
which is indicative of his predatory nature. his rock star long faded,
he trys to make like he is some sort of authority on this and that.
i dont find anything to admire about this old publicity hound.
just go live in the deep woods and keep goin.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join