It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP - explain this conspiracy theory?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This is one that I am not familiar with, and I was hoping some of you might explain it to me. I was only in high school when HAARP was activated, and I never did follow the "weather dominator" type conspiracies.

What happened after the HAARP project began that lead people to think that it's a climate manipulator, or weather control device?

If it sounds like I am kinda skeptical, it's because I am. However I am also curious, I do believe there are bad people trying to do bad things. Most of all, I do believe that the truth is always, always stranger than fiction.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Personally, I don't see any rationale behind any of the conspiracies linked to HAARP. If everything that was said about it was true it would essentially be God. However, I have never seen any indication that it is anything other than the research station it claims to be.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
HAARP has it's own web site just type in that to you web search and up it comes, you can be a part of it's monitoring, for they do not even know the effects, why was it built ?

There are so many theories were to begin, the site says one thing, i believe an other.

For i remember back in 1984 HAARP was being talked about, but it was not called HAARP it was "just the big antenna array in Alaska" some say it was part of the "MARS" group that is MIL/ AMATEUR/ RADIO SERVICE, CD, civil defense and Ham RADIO OPS, yes i was in to ham radios, but back to what is HAARP and what does it do?

You should ask what does it not do, the latest one i heard was it keeps the moon from smacking in to us
you will be getting all kinds of thoughts form earthquake to sun, rain, heat, and cloud patterns.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Large research center basically translate to hidden NWO global enslavement in conspiracy language.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Because this multi-billion dollar apparatus is in place (actually there are 2 of them) to study the ionosphere for military use? Really? Seems a bit extravagant if you ask me. Besides, anything the government says is usually a lie anyway. So why start believing them now?

How come no one can visit HAARP? If it's that innocent (and poses no reason for security clearance) why can't we take a lookie? They guard it like they do Area 51 which.....doesn't exist.

They probably would rather us NOT know about HAARP but because man is becoming so sophisticated, technical and nosey, they probably knew they wouldn't be able to hide it for too very long.

Beside, weather modification is outwardly acknowledged.
www.license.state.tx.us...

So if they're acknowledging it, where do you suppose they're testing or practicing it? Where better out-of-the-way place than Alaska?!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mother1138

the jargon used is usually professional and career based terminology and rhetoric i have difficulty understanding because the words used are not always in my webster's dictionary. so, i can understand the op not understanding all of HAARP and what it does or does not do, or any possible side effects that might be unforeseen.

here is a brief basic intro about haarp:
http://j_kidd.tripod.com/b/94.html

here is a wikipedia link:
en.wikipedia.org...

here is a link to an article i think has some measure of credibility to it:
www.fromthewilderness.com...

here is a link to some information about HAARP and weather, but i don't know if the information presented is entirely factual or not:
www.cuttingedge.org...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
whatever the hell it is for, i believe chemtrails are related.

i think they have to spray various types of metal's into the atmosphere to make haarp work. i think it could be some sort of global radar/sonar type of thing, that allows them to monitor the world via ground station instead of satellites.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
www.haarp.alaska.edu or www.haarp.edu/harrp why do some people just disregard the openness of some things, all i ask is check it out, i have been research on it from time to time, and i think there is something to it and they just do not know it.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

It is open to the public. It's maintained by a public university and they offer tours at least once a year. The thing is, most people aren't willing to visit the middle of Alaska in order to tour a facility designed to study the ionosphere.

top topics

join