It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gore calls for major protests on climate change inaction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Gore calls for major protests on climate change inaction

thehill.com

Former Vice President Gore is calling for major rallies to protest congressional inaction on climate change.

In a post on his personal blog headlined “The Movement We Need,” Gore linked to and quoted from an Australian wire service report that “tens of thousands of protesters … have taken to the streets across Australia to urge the major political parties to take action on climate change.”

“Across the world, when politicians fail to take action to solve the climate crisis, people are taking action,” Gore wrote.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Now he is inciting protests. Protests that could get violent. It seems if you or I did this we would be branded domestic terrorists. I guess even the government doesn't take Al seriously. (or serial) Hey Al, the reason nobody is storming the gates is that a lot of people aren't sure our warming trend is caused by humans. Some of us think it may be the sun. And since your little program was full of lies and BS, we sure as hell don't trust you. Maybe the fine people of Australia don't know that much about you. Give them time.

My favorite quote from the comments is "Guck Fore"

thehill.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Gore has every dime invested in the Carbon Credit market. He is slated to become the worlds first ECO Billionaire.

But first, they must start spending billions on the international carbon credit trade.

Carbon credits have already proven to be a farce as they simply make it legal for specific entities to pollute more but damn if it don't make the insiders wealthy.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by badgerprints]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Instead of all these people driving across America in the SUVs in order to demand that their govement do something about all the CO2 that they are personally responsible for ..... why don't they all stay at home and look at how they can cut their carbon footprint without their goverment telling them?

I assume Americans are capable of thinking for themselves?

But then that's humans for you: it's always someone else's responsibility .....

Of course, if you really want to do something about manmade climate change, boycott all products containing soya and palm oil

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Gore wrote that did he? I'm from Australia and I can't recall that ever happening!

IRM

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
And let's face it, if Gore stayed at home, learnt how to turn the lights off when he leaves a room, and ate locally produced food, he could cut more CO2 emissions in a week than everyone on ATS could in a lifetime

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

yea, apparently you Aussies love him over there. Why he told us so himself. he said that he was real important to the "movement".

I think he assumes that nobody would check his story out and people from the US would never be able to speak with people in Australia. We would never use that thing......what is it called........Oh yea, the internet. The one he invented.

If he wasn't' trying to steal money from the stupid people, I would laugh him off as the joke that he is. unfortunately, he has followers.(lemmings)

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I firmly believe that he is the single biggest dividing factor between your side and mine. We both agree that there is a warming trend. We both agree that there is too much pollution. We both agree that eliminating fossil fuels would be a huge step in the right direction. Where we have our divide is why it is getting hotter. Seeing Gore and his kind exploiting this for his own gain has driven a huge wedge into a fairly simple discussion. My side will likely ignore sane arguments simply because of this idiot.

Sadly, your side will never see how wrong you are.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Gore is a fricking moron.

Check out his previous blog post, a snippet-

"That's what makes the three infernos, and the toxins they spew, so sinister. Their flames are concealed deep underground, in coal seams and oxygen-rich fissures, which makes containment near impossible. Shielded from fire hoses and aerial assaults, the flames are chewing through coal seams 20 feet thick, spanning 22 acres. They're also belching greenhouse gases and contaminants, contributing to an out-of-sight, out-of-mind environmental hazard that extends far beyond Wyoming's borders. "Every coal basin in the world has fires sending up organic compounds that are not good for you," says Mark Engle, a geologist with the U.S. Geological Survey who studies the Powder River Basin, "but unless you live close to them you probably never see them.""

I did a search on this subject and found that there are THOUSANDS of such fires.

One thing seems to be missing from the articles. What is the cause of the fires? Not mentioned at all.

Here is a link to a site that actually discusses this-www.gi.alaska.edu...

So, the majority of the causes is actually NATURAL.

I wonder if Gore is going to next suggest we humans start putting out volcanoes?

This man is a BLIGHT on humanity.

Furthering the environmental (communist) movement. This is what this is all about and I am really sick and tired of his rhetoric.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
It stands to reason that Murdoch's papers are trying to reignite the Gore "Carbon" machine. The carbon trade industry (such as it is) has been receiving blow after blow for the last year or more.

The will attempt to use the Gore celebrity factor to get back into a more acceptable PR situation.

The truth of the inadequacy of the notion of carbon trading and pollution offsets by distribution of seed 'credits' valued by corporate fiat has begun to sink in and few are willing to address the matter outside of the fear factor pegged by the inevitable and undeniable truth that we need to take care of our planet with more diligent and sincere stewardship and scrutiny.

But once you put Gore into the equation you can be sure this is about profiteering from a new revenue stream.

It's like the government taxing you to pay for someone else to quit smoking - even if you don't.

Big industry and her allies are keen on this because it further removes the burden of such trivial externalities as theatrical 'social responsibilities' from the equation of maximizing profit growth - which is the only thing that a corporate citizen needs to survive.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
It's like the government taxing you to pay for someone else to quit smoking

I like that.

Is that an original quote because it sums things up pretty well.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
anyone that have any financial interest in a certain thing, cant be around defending it like he is, its just surreal

simply because there are studies providing info that he is wrong, but he denies that, I mean, its CRAZY

but I agree that we should evolve as a society and improve our tech so we can stop hurting nature

but, again, the best way to do that is to disclose these secret techs being developed by black organizations

instead, AL GORE, proposes something that will only make him richer and wont solve any problems

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
If global warming is true, I believe mankind can reverse it. If each of us would find a politician, and duct tape their mouth shut, the reversing process would start.

If mankind isn`t the cause, i would still go with the first method.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by FiatLux]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Al Gore, a brain damaged oaf of the bigone age. Hey Al, explain why other planets are heating up? The sun...

Capntax..money..corporate control..fascism..

oh yeah hes also a sex monster according to several reports.

Hey Al, only mindless slaves trust you.

Now I agree china is poluted, so are several american cities, but these oafs want to punish the world and make them pay for what a small percentage of places on earth. Minnesota isn't polluted. Im not paying for china, wait we already are. Why not more?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I love Al Gore for the fact that he will stand up and ask for money
when the Hadley Climate unit has been proven to be a bunch
of fraudsters.

blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

climategate.tv...

Climategate proved these ppl are willing to lie thru there teeth
and even fantasize about killing ppl that show they are lying.

They are a bunch of modern day carpet baggers.

By Al Gore doing this after they have been exposed he just
further shows what he is to the world.

Good job Al !

On the venue of pollution and fossil fuels I think they need to be phased
out and it is doable. Ppl are working on this and if you want to
see it happen work with them or contribute to their cause.

3 steps to a cleaner future here.

Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactors:

Algae oil fuel:

Once we get the infrastructure geared up we can do biological Hydrogen:

en.wikipedia.org...

Paper Nano batteries/super conductors for electric cars.

en.wikipedia.org...

The real cause for global warming:

The Great Global Warming Swindle...

Google Video Link

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
it seems that there are some concerns about the shortages of money flow

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

And I totally agree!

IMHO Gore has done more damage to the science of climate change and aceptance of the issues amongst the general public than anyone. His film was a PR disaster with it's litany of errors. And the fact that (IMO) he's an arrogant, hypocrite doesn't exactly help.

Ex_MislTech - Thorium
It should be our medium term goal for energy generation.

new topics

top topics

join