It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Technologies of Ancient Egypt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

I discovered this video on youtube and I figured i'd share it here.

That video was done by Christopher Dunn and it demonstrates the engineering and technology used in the Temple of the Pharaoh's.

I think our ancestors were a lot more advanced than we give them credit for.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Nice Find OP..S&F

The bible is always talking about the serpent..Anybody know what the serpent on Ramses head-gear signifies?

[edit on 18-8-2010 by ATLien]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

Good question - The serpent was used in a lot of art back then. Im thinking it has something to do with the "Serpent Priests" perhaps?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Ive often times wondered why we havent discovered the tools that the Pharaoh's used to build some of the stuff that they did. Have we discovered anything? Do we have any around about ideas of how they accomplished some of the things that they built etc?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

From what I know... bear in mind others may have a different opinion, the serpent worn on the Pharaonic crown is meant to symbolize the power of the state/crown as the serpent was seen as a guardian figure with a vindictive character.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
you have truly bought an alien before god.

so an aliens observations equate to technology and facturing.

and what is an engine that is ering and what is tech that is related to nology.

also are these credits you speak of college curriculum credits?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Hmm I see...What do yous think the earliest recorded depiction or description if the serpent is...I know Australian Aborigines believe the Serpent to be a God.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Just goes to show you how smart humans are. people from that far back doing that kind of complicated equasions. sheesh.

its amazing

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I think that in the bible the serpent is used to signify the devil.
In egypt I don't know what it may signify but it could be that it is a sign of power
as the egyptians favored the poison of snakes as their favorite weapon of death. Very inteesting OP.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by -Blackout-
reply to post by ATLien

Good question - The serpent was used in a lot of art back then. Im thinking it has something to do with the "Serpent Priests" perhaps?

It's called a Uraeus. It was the symbol of lower Egypt and the goddess Wadjet, lower Egypt's protector. When Lower and Upper Egypt united, the crown featured the patroness of Upper Egypt, Nekhbet, a vulture.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
On a smaller scale, related note....

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

I have also heard of the serpent on the pharoes headress being an analogue for the serpent power of kundalini expressed in Indian Yoga as it rises up the spine and activates the third eye/merges the two hemispheres of the brain into complete vision.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
any civilization that idolized a serpent were in a pact with the devil. Is it not obvious? the egyptians were evil people. smart but very cruel. And austraila? A country founded by criminals.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by P-M-H

Come on really? Sigh, you must be making a joke. I cant believe people who claim to follow Christ can be so narrow minded. I dont want to be offensive you have a right to your oppinion, but these kinds of statements show a lack of evolution in MY oppinion.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowfoot

That was a good point about the merging of two hemispheres because Egyptian Pharaohs were about the merging and ruling over the upper and lower kingdoms. Couldn't really be king without that

Dunn is a smart experienced man. I think his observation are important points too.
Where are the tools and techniques that had to have been there to achieve the results that they had?

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

Great vid, thanks!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
they knew so much more then we think
you think a person used a hammer and chisel to sculpt these faces with perfect shapes and follows rules of SACRED geometry. no way humans could hardly do that without robotics now let alone a time when robots were said to not even been thought of...

i laugh at people that think primitive tools were used to make the ancient monuments, seriously

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I believe the Egyptians were the masters of resonance. The pictures on the walls of Karnak show many tools and chakras being used to move and manipulate energy. I also believe the hyroglyphics to be ancient mathematical codes which unlock this ancient info. Oh, and I also believe in levitation.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

top topics

join