It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does everyone think is the top 3 problems facing our nation today?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
1. Federal Reserve System & fiat curency

2. North American Free Trade Agreement & Free Trade Agreement with China

3. Dumbed Down Citizenry.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
There are many but a good portion of those fall under one of the following headings:

1. Corporate Greed, Malfeasance and Disregard for the Good of the Nation
This includes things like the behavior that led to the Gulf disaster, the derivative and CDF trading the led to the economic meltdown, off-shoring of jobs, off-shoring of manufacturing, tax evasion, the destruction of the environment, the destruction of small businesses and family farming, etc.

2. Corruption of Government and Politics
Pretty self explanatory. The government has become either unable or unwilling to provide the required oversight of business, inappropriate private/business influence on government, malfeasance of government employees, war mongering at the behest of private bsuiness, lack of accountability, sheer operational incompetence (remember Katrina?), dual citizenship of key government officials, (I could go on all day).

3. People's Inability to Get Their Heads Out of the 2-Party Scam
We see this every day here on ATS. Dems this, Reps that... Seriously? Is this SO hard to see? We're being played, by both sides. It's the Elite v. The People. It has always been the Elite v. The People. If we could attempt to exert some critical thinking and come together to denounce the 2 parties and the clowns that are its members we could at least begin to make some progress out of this morass.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
As an outsider (in Australia), if I based my knowledge of world events on the little real news we seem to receive these days on the MSM nightly news, this is what I'd think is concerning America most right now (Seeing as our news reports are largely based on the drug problems of football players and sucking up to whatever US celebrity is in town).

1. Mosque near Ground Zero
2. Mel Gibson - Was he really in Fiji?
3. What Michelle Obama wore yesterday.

In all seriousness though, we literally get any news of value A WEEK OR MORE after I've already read it on ATS and it's been thoroughly dissected here.
Who really knows WHAT is going on

Edit to clarify.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by SerialLurker]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Government, government and government.

They spent us into oblivion. Confiscated private property under threat of violence to cover their debt. Then didnt even use the confiscated property to cover the debt. Wage war with anyone and everyone in my name despite my objection. Lie to face to get more power. Then laugh in my face when I express concern.

Nobody else runs around murdering, stealing, poisoning, manipulating and enslaving on such a scale as government.

And they have their very own crowd of cheering fans to boot.

They start off all sunshine and rainbows then grow progressively more corrupt and evil without fail. Eventually they collapse in on themselves but not until the subjects under government spend decades or even centuries suffering. Then it collapses and the morons do it all over again.

Good thing we study history. It's really helped a lot to avoid repetition of stupidity.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Scientism, consumerism, religious fundamentalism.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Top three problems facing the USA today? All of them regard the populace.

#1: Complacency. We put up with what our elected officials have done to our country over the past 230 years.

#2: Ignorance. It's getting worse all the time, too.

#3: Debt. It is still far too easy to get credit, at all levels, personal, municipal and national.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
not taking care of our own at home FIRST

failure of the nuclear family

defense and black ops budgets

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I'm going to respond to the question anyway, although I don't live in the US

The Top-3 problems I see as adversely threatening quality of life in Australia are:

* insane levels of immigration which are deliberately pulling in millions of people from societies which have little in common with Australians

* outsourcing, which has destroyed local manufacturers and created massive unemployment and therefore hardship and lack of opportunity which in turn has thrust current and future generations into hopelessness and lifelong poverty

* utter lack of trust in government and politics which has created apathy, frustration, anger -- courtesy of major coroporations who regard humanity as cattle to be milked and slaughtered and who own all political puppets

I suspect Australia is not all that different to the US

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
1. Drug war
2. Outsourcing
3. Ineffective media
4. Military-Industrial complex

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
1. Corporate and Individual Greed

2. Corruption at all levels of government.

3. Big tie, Healthcare, poverty, education

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
good question. my answer, in order of importance is 1. the failing school system, 2. we need more manufacturing jobs, and 3. get rid of walmart k plz thx

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Here is what I believe the top three problems that are facing the US today, as many goes back to the prior one:

1) An ineffective government at all levels. Too many politicians are often involved in getting reelected, and not governing wisely, it causes way too many issues and problems, along with bad laws, along with laws not being enforced, or just not thinking of what the long term effects are going to be, or refusal to remove outdated or bad laws.
2) Too many agencies with regulations, that fail to look at the long term picture, and those agencies often run rampent over both business and private lives. The reality is there are more regulations than actual laws.
3) Apathy on the part of the general public. The public, does not pay attention to what the government is doing, and if you look at the current issues, the results are seen.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
In no particular order..

1. Republicans
2. Democrats
3. Party loyalists who recycle failure by voting for them.. akin to committing national suicide.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I, totally, agree with most things posted here by others. After looking at a long, LONG list of different thing.....

Corrupt government - I believe the most, if not all, the major problems facing the US today were created by our absolutely corrupt Government - period!

Federal Reserve, Bankers, TPTB - Of course, our corrupt Government has allowed all these to do, and continue doing, the things they do to keep us "controlled".

All the stupid people!!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

1. obama
2.biden
3 pelosi

[edit on 19-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Easy.

1. THE economy
2. The ECONOMY
3. THE ECONOMY

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
1. The President

2. Congress

3. The Supreme Court

They have all been hijacked and are flying us right into the side of a cliff

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

problems:

stupidity
laziness
parasitic control freaks (politicians, religious leaders, 'management')

solutions:

logic
labor
freedom

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
1) Modern environments differ significantly from our ancestral environments. No one really wants to recognize that it is our cognition itself that is basically flawed, not only our various ideologies. The problems of todays world didn't exist to exert selection pressure on the evolution of our ancestors.

The result is malfunctioning behavior, with an intelligence strong enough to greatly magnify that dysfunction.

Our minds are obsolete. Natural selection unfortunately possessed zero intelligence, so we as humans, possessing greater than zero intelligence, have the capacity to improve on nature's [lack of] design. We will create minds with greater resources at their disposal, not hindered by outdated automatic behaviors (instincts). I suppose they will be our successors.

2) On the shorter term, we need to recognize our own shortcomings. We need to examine why we do what we do, determine what we would rather be doing instead, and identify which aspects of our cognition are causing malfunctions in our behavior that prevent us from making sensible decisions.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Tearman]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
What does everyone think is the top 3 problems facing our nation today?

In order of severity..
The Republicans
The Democrats
The Tea Party Movement

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join