It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does everyone think is the top 3 problems facing our nation today?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
What does everyone think is the three worst problems facing The USA today?

I am trying to get somewhat of a handle on where things are today and do hope I that I am not breaking any rules on ATS or anything as this will help me in some research.

In an unrelated topic, I recently used some not so nice rhetoric to describe some to not be named group and since do apologize fully for it. I was just venting frustration and should've conducted and presented my case much more correctly instead of the ill nature and not so intelligent structure that was employed.

I sincerely apologize to the Admins, Mods and members of Above Top Secret and the entire Above Network, LLC family for my actions.

Now back to the question. There is way more we can agree on and stick to then everyone including the MSM and TPTB gives us credit for.

If we can all come here from different backgrounds and from different faiths while hailing from different nations and am able to come here and be peaceful and civil without going for one another's throat then that alone tells me that this nation will be fine.

One thing however, I care not for the talking points of any party in the USA. Need it be Dem, GOP, Tea Party, Libretarian, Conservative, Independent as all it takes is one to change the direction.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

TheImmaculateD1,

Well there is not policy for minimal content in an opening post so I guess this is a valid thread...

But to answer you question :"What does everyone think is the three worst problems facing The USA today?"

the three worst problem?? It's a mentality problem and that mentality is...

MORE, MORE, MORE.....

But that is not just USA. Greed is killing this world...

Peace

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
By far number one is is the financial crisis and economic meltdown. Number two is oil/energy and our need to get off oil, and number three would be the illegal wars and empire building.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
At the risk of over-generalizing some very complex issues, I would say that the three biggest problems in the US, for my money are

1) Apathy
2) Poor economic policy
3) The cult of self-absorbtion which seems to permeate our culture.

*edited to clarify that if this list would have allowed for more choices, I would have included Justin Beiber and his fans as #5. #4 would be those darned Twilight movies*

[edit on 8/18/10 by Hefficide]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
My keyboard and mouse decided to go haywire when I was posting hence the inital presence or feel of it being a minimal content thread opening. I've since had to reboot and that fixed the keyboard and mouse situation.

Thank you so far. This I hope to generate 100 posts in a day and I promise to read all. No idea is to crazy, radical or insane. We are and will forever be a nation built solely upon radical and insane ideas.

Please, however base everything in reality as to what can be accomplished realistically and nothing that seems too far fetched. TPTB takeover no (that's imminent but for another time and place).

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Seriously I'm getting bored with the same old story. The US. Continue to think me me me? We are all part of the same #. Butterfly effect.
We are earth or united kingdoms of earth and we will all continue having the same crap until we all see we are in this together.
Money
Religion
Race
There's your 3 problems that have destroyed what we are.

Someone please start a thread titled
United Kingdom of Earth
And let's just see where it takes us ALL

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

What does everyone think is the top 3 problems facing our nation today?

1. Christian zionism and Jewish zionism.
2. Two party system
3. MSM

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
What TPTB wants the US sheeple to think are the worst problems:

1. Iran
2. North Korea
3. Home grown terrorists

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
social security.....I want my reitirement!!!(sorry, but am kind of surprised that one didn't make someone's top three list...lol...)

the government.......it's not functioning properly.....it's like the scarecrow in the wizard of oz, all those people there, and not a brain to be found....

the people......not many brains there either...they'll continue electing the same brainless people over and over again and accept what ever those people throw at them...

mother nature...in case you haven't noticed, she seems to be a little irked at us brainless wonders!!!
seems to me that all of our problems seem to stem from one or more of those three groups.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

top three

okay i will bite...

NUMBER ONE: WAR

NUMBER TWO: CORRUPTION OF GOVERNMENT

NUMBER THREE: GREED OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
poverty, unsuitable ordinance (in[cluding] government, technologically, and in other facets), and ESPECIALLY lack of faith-in-action.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by tauschen]

[edit on 18-8-2010 by tauschen]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
#3: President Øbama

#2: US Treasury

#1: Tie,
Federal Reserve (NY) ...the other regionals are OK
the top 12 Banks & financial houses (GS, Lynch, BoA, Citi, et al)

impeach, or retire all the present leadership in these agencies and
most everything else will fall into place

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I am a Canadian, but I spent 4 years living in the USA as a student. I now live in Europe and I don't see myself ever moving back to North America. With that out of the way, here are the three biggest problems that I see currently facing the USA:

1. The military industrial complex and its lack of accountability to public oversight.
Everything from the illegal invasion of Iraq to the ballooning deficit to the corruption of civil liberties under the PATRIOT act can be linked back to this overarching problem. America needs to get its military and surveillance apparatus under control, stop fetishizing anything having to do with the military and cut spending by at least half.

2. A devaluation of intellectualism and scientific expertise.
When I was a kid growing up in the 1980s, people listened to scientists and experts in America. Their opinions were valued because they had the education and technical expertise to comment on issues affecting our lives. But now any talk show host or internet poster can spout whatever nonsense comes into their heads and some people actually listen. This leads to a problem where people in America cannot easily reach a consensus and actually get things done. Stop the partisan bickering and appoint some credible scientific experts to help with all of your problems.

3. Lack of funding for primary, secondary and college education.
The educational system in America is disintegrating in the current economic climate. Nobody wants to become a teacher anymore because the pay is low, the respect is low and the job security is actually terrible (especially in California). The young people of today will be the leaders of tomorrow. If you treat them like junk your country will become junk. And the only ones who will be able to get a proper education are the rich elites who can avoid the public school system and pay the high fees to get their children into the elite colleges. What happened to equal opportunity for all?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

1# Businesses shifting off employment overseas
2# Government overspending in particular on the military industrial complex and our support of foreign nations.
3# Healthcare

those are 3 major issues could list now, but I could spend a day debating the importance of those issues and many others.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
NUMBER THREE: GREED OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE

Thats a good one. The American people. We are a major part of the problem.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
1) Greed
2) Apathy
3) Most people want to remain alseep in the Matrix.

ps: This isn't just in America. America is just the forerunner. These are now global problems.

(Welcome to the NWO).

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
media, education system, government corruption/lack of true sovereignty, war/genocide/destabilisation of third world countries, apathy, selfish/detached nature of the average individual, lack of spirituality/atheism, lack of understanding or interest in the history of the world, paris hilton.

edit, i forgot you said 3, so i added a few more;

dependency on petroleum, gap between the wealthy and the poor, lack of understanding of the law and how it is used to control us, lack of understanding of commerce/how it is used to control us, slaves to technology, inability to provide for ourselves outside of a commercial setting, raping of mother nature on all fronts, horrible living/dying conditions of the animals we consume/inability to see past a cheap LB of ground beef and boycott these tortuous SOBs, lack of physical prowess in the average individual/overweight, survival instinct has been removed, paranoia of the other average individual [directly related to our inability to protect ourselves], racism, homophobia. paris hilton.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by purplemonkeydishwasher]

edit to add: lady gaga

[edit on 18-8-2010 by purplemonkeydishwasher]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
1. Unemployment and no industry
2. Corrupt government and corporations
3. Interventionalist foreign policy

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I’ve narrowed it down to :

#1, 2 party system
#2, election fraud
#3, campaign contributions
#4, war mongering
#5, police state
#6, Federal Reserve
#7, unemployment
#8, Taxation without representation
#9, Cost of a good education, and required courses to obtain a degree
#10, Lack of trade school options
#11, And the fact that we lost the rights that wild animals have, to build a shelter, and forage for food. Where I live it is illegal to eat fungus off the ground without a permit, or anything else for that matter.
#12, our country is being invaded by illegal aliens.
#13 the Dept. of Motor Vehicles, and the power they have over the people.

Sorry, just cant decide which 3 are most important.

The sad thing is, I could keep going for quite some time I’m sure.

What’s even worse, is that America is better off than most other countries!! WOW what a world we live in…

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
1) Corrupt Government
2) Government Spending more money than it is taking in
3) Unsecured Borders
4) Wars/troops overseas need pulled back

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join