It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Chicks #4: Internet Neutrality & Oil Under The Sand

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan

People who go around praising the chicks and this site without question, are a bunch of sheeple, yes this means you! if ATS told you to jump, you would ask how high and how many times!

yes, yes, i go along with ATS on each and every issue unquestionably, and i never say anything against them, mods, or staff. (sarcasm)

6th post here, scroll down:
t0.gstatic.com...:ANd9GcQBjLnMyyoq4nODEuaa7pnApyIwfbQxsNE817M5dfP3am7y6t0&t=1&usg=__X7iCTEBPtVF7Agi_bH26qM2s2kA=

can you please quote me in this thread and demonstrate where i "put down" someone for their views if their views where not "put downs" themselves devoid of any constructive criticism or any criticism offered the Conspiracy Chicks' TEAM (to include the 3 guys) could actually do something about?

and, yes, i have offered them criticism and provided "negative feedback" on a couple issues. but these were observations, opinions, personal preferences i shared, and most of all Suggestions on how they might better the program.

criticism is not synonymous with negativity.

but negative criticism is synonymous with: "here is the problem, there is not viable sollution" or "here is what i think, but i'm offering no suggestions on how to fix it."

some of your statements made in those two posts are just plain disfunctional (imo), and i may respond to some of that, but i don't want to derail what this thread is about:

the Conspiracy Chicks Project
Criticism that offers suggestions, not just views from amateurish critics
praise, and compliments for the teams work
the actual stories covered in the story

this thread is not about me
this thread is not about you
but, this thread is about our views, and how we think we can make OUR ATS a better community and a better environment.

i'm not going to address some of what you said here.
i'll take a look at your profile page, find where you post, go read your threads, get to know something more about you, and then engage ya.

happy hunting,
et

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

i had the same thoughts about the window being a little too small, but on full screen view they seem fine.

first two times i watched, i totally missed seeing Jedi Master Carter!

LOL, that was funny to me.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

maybe Julie could wear a garlic necklace next installment to put Mr Mask's concerns to rest?

maybe it would be funny if the Ladies took our silly suggestions to the show?

although wearing a tin foil hat might mess up Ashley's new hairdo.

Julie, a vampire? surely not!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Man,
I don't think I ever checked these out.
But this is well done! Bravo!
Whoever made this, is way good! lol

The girls did a sweet job to!
I guess I always thought it would be cheezy, so i never checked it out,
But Im impressed! lol

Well done girls!

and I prolly shouldnt say this,
but i guess i never knew how hot Julie is!

I knew that Ashley was cute,
but never knew just how cute Julie was! haha

Good stuff,
niice work!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I honestly think ATS is using "pretty girls" to up their hits and i find that most deplorable, matter of fact this is my last post here.

See? I'm magic!

i must be, cause i pulled you out of retirement to post once again, just for me!

That made me feel special. thank you for the compliment.

Hugs & kisses,
et

by the way EspyderMan,
the section on your profile page under "More Stuff You Should Know".
very informative and entertaining.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I honestly think ATS is using "pretty girls" to up their hits and i find that most deplorable, matter of fact this is my last post here.

hahaha, You honestly think that ATS needs more 'hits'?

You gotta be whacked.
This place is swarming with tons of people all the time.
The last thing they "need" is more 'hits'.
Please man.

Pleasant journeys to ya.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oxygen56

Originally posted by intrepid

I refuse to be part of a community of people who are being exploited by the Admins/Supermods.

You DO know that both of these ladies are supermods, right?

Just a quick question. What have these two done to become "super mods" anyway? I would not have the slightest clue if they actually deserve that status or not hence the question. Do you know intrepid? Or was you just stating a fact, OK, I'm betting you have no idea but thanks for the info.

I’m thinking Intrepid might have some idea, and I don’t think I would make that bet.

Both Ashley (screen name AshleyD) and Julie (Screen name Asala) have made several posts over the last week alone. But you can read many of their posts and threads from over the years on their personal profile pages, here is their list of most recently authored posts. And, unless I’m mistaken, I think at least one of them have participated and contributed in this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

as for becoming a mod and what the process is, i don't know and right now i don't really care. i'm sure the admin of ATS have adopted successful ways of finding good mods, and there are certain characteristics of behavior (and availability) they look for. I imagine some mods ask, and some may be offered, but i'm not realy sure. i'm not interested personally. why? why would i want to be a mod. no offense to anyone, but it seems to me that lately, being a mod may not be an easy thing.

hope this helps,
et

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I agree with your entire post, don't know why it didn't get censored.

Obviously I said the same thing wrongly as I was one of the non-praisers that got booted. It really shocked and disappointed me to discover that what I thought was non-hostile, constructive... albeit colorfully descriptive opinionated... criticism was not supported on ATS. I just really found the ladies delivery style...um....

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala

One big question I have, Why does Julie sport a neck item for?

I will just explain that, the day of filming I fell and cut my neck! and had a big cut on the side of it, lol no I had to try cover it up a little and it did not look to nice sitting there looking at you all, So I improvised

It won’t be present next,

Again thank you all for the support and for positive Critique, We do take it on board as I think you can see with this show, we have grown with each one,

Thanks for taking the time to watch us and growing with us through this process!

OK, thank you for the explination and get better. Will await S1 E2 of TCC.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
did i just watch that again for the fifth time?

yes. i did.

what?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
A shorter version..

If the program was from 2 to 5 minutes, I wouldn't need to give it so much of my time at once. Also if it was just such a short re-cap of what is going on on ats in the last couple of days, there could be a new short episode almost every other day, at least weekly. That could be addicting, sort of a daily news thing. Something like often and regularly coming short alternative/conspiracy news program..

Other than that the show is great, thanks!

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Did i just watch that a sixth time?

NO! Right now ATS LIVE radio broadcast is happening! And Semper is Guest Hosting!!)

but, when it is over, maybe...

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Haven't really been on ATS for quite a while but stumbled onto the front page and saw the ad for this little video.

I find it funny that so many posts here are flagged for "manners and decorum" or T&C violations, while the video itself is talking about net neutrality and keeping the internet free. All that's left here is blatent sucking up. No dissenting views allowed? I'm sure most things that got removed were just pointing out constructive criticism like that the ladies need to work on their public speaking a bit more, or that trying to pass off conspiracies in news show format comes off looking like a parody. Things sure have changed.

[edit on 8/22/2010 by Yarcofin]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Yarcofin

Amen brother , ..... high five from 05"

I thought the show was decent, it was a definite improvement, sure, your not Katie Couric or Barbara Walters, ..... but who say's you need to be, your Ashley and Julie, and thats fine, thats who you are.

I also agree that some ATS member's may not find it very interesting, because we have already read most of these threads, and the show just goes over the info at a slower pace than most of us can read.

It would probably be a great marketing tool for non-members, since most of this stuff is familiar to us. Perhaps a little more digging, followups, and alternate angles would make it more appealing.

Or they can throw out a few topics which aren't even on the radar, you know those little strange quirky cases, missing persons, synchronicity's, ufo reports, monster sightings. Just lil stuff to pepper in there and spice it up.

but overall, good job ladies, Just doing the show displays more Cajone's than some will ever have.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
reply to post by Yarcofin

Amen brother , ..... high five from 05"

a third member who joined in 2005 weighs in...

Originally posted by Yarcofin
Haven't really been on ATS for quite a while but stumbled onto the front page and saw the ad for this little video.

I find it funny that so many posts here are flagged for "manners and decorum" or T&C violations, while the video itself is talking about net neutrality and keeping the internet free.

i'm guessing you did not read those posts, there were sexist statements made in them that were simply not appropriate, nor constructive. those contributions offered no suggestions, nor did they offer any productive talking points. they were crude and offensive in nature, in my opinion.

All that's left here is blatent sucking up. No dissenting views allowed?

i admit i saved my dissenting views for the u2u option. but, if you want to know the 2 things i personally do not like about the program thus far, i will share them here now. i have not done so prior because it is simply opinion based commentary of my own personal tastes, and is not reflective of the majority of ATS members. i also have not shared my personal dissenting views because i offer no viable sollution or fix.

i do not like the theme music, but it is starting to grow on me.
i do not like the purple and green colors, i think there is too much of them.

i do like the format.
i do like the evolution of their delivery.
i do like the improvements in the format and flow.
i do like the fact that they summerize the hot thread topics and the highlights of the threads being discussed.

I'm sure most things that got removed were just pointing out constructive criticism like ...

you are sure? then please quote such constructive criticism they gave, word for word.

please?

you said you were sure.

please back up that claim. i'll believe ya, honest.

please help keep ATS fun, in a polite fashion & thanks for sharing,
et

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
After watching the video again, I have decided to watch a few more of your other “ATS News” videos. Firstly, I want to apologize to you all for not thanking you for all of your hard work. Instead, I immediately attacked you for the choices that you made instead of thanking you for doing what you have done.

But let's evaluate this praise and discover the reason why so many others are also failing to thank you for all your hard work. It is not because people do not appreciate your hard work. That is not it. Think about how many people have watched your videos and then commented about them. I have not seen the numbers, but I imagine that you are perhaps following a trend in where the views per video are increasing, whereas the comments concerning them are decreasing. Now some can argue that this is natural in where the video that has been posted the longest will obviously have the most reviews, however, it is not accurate to say this if you measure reviews per video in equal posted time frames. In short, your latest video has only a few pages of reviews, many of which are by one or two people who have decided to respond many times to other reviewers and not directly to the video being reviewed. As well, many of the positive reviews this time around are the simple ,and rather meaningless, “Great job Girls” reviews and not the kind of reviews that offer true point by point measurable praise. As well, the criticisms this time are mostly following the same train of thought that the videos only review the posts that others have made and do not go further. These are the old “Rehash” comments that I bet you are well tired of hearing about. They are not praising you because they recognize that you are not fullfilling your purpose, and thier needs.

But let me attempt to explain to you what I think is going on.

I know that you say that you are not the news. But let us realize that there are many glaring contradictions with this statement. You have classified these segments as the “ATS News.” So then why do you claim that you are not attempting to be the news? Since you have not answered my own postings about this question, I will attempt to answer it for you. It is because you are afraid.

I bet that you are scrunching up you eyebrows at this moment while commenting that I am somehow “whacked” in my reasoning, but let me explain. What is going on in the world bothers you as much as it does anyone else. You are as upset with the real news' lack of investigating meaningful and pertinent topics as much as we are. You want to find the truth and tell others about it as much as anyone else who actually cares about right and wrong. So, in short, you actually give a damn about right and wrong, losing our freedoms, and the possible destruction of our country and the free world, and you want to do something meaningful and impacting about it. Am I right? Then why did I claim that you are afraid?

I say this because you are trying to make “ATS News” videos, but you do not take them to their one, and only, possible final evolution. For how much longer did you perceive that you could only re-comment what others had said and remain satisfied with it? For only as long as the increases in efficiency, word choice, and presentation skills would enable you to forget that you are still presenting the news, despite your claims that you are not. What I have kept from you thus far is the final concluding accusation of your actions, for at first it certainly would have been too much for you to bear if I had stated it long ago. The reason that I have kept it to myself thus far is that I wanted you to grow and gain confidence in your skills such that you are able to bear the truth of your own contradictory statements and change for the better when you fully know the truth of what you are doing.

Let me as well repeat, I thank you for all your hard work, and I do appreciate your efforts. I am sincere in this statement, and this will bear out. But I must make the final accusation now. I have been arguing that you should change your format. I have been claiming that you are using a “News Format”, but this is not the whole truth. I worded my complaints this way such that they would not appear as attacking your personal choices, for they are not directed at you as a person and I wanted to judge your reactions to this hinting of the truth before giving you the full dosage of it. What makes your video “The News” is not the fact that you point the camera directly at the speaker as the news does. It is not the fact that you show source video of what your “anchors” are talking about on one side or the other of them. What makes your video's “The News” is in the information that you are presenting to the world. This is the definition of “News”.

News: News is the communication of information on current events which is presented by print, broadcast, Internet, or word of mouth to a third party or mass audience.

Your videos are the News by default of the content within them. You cannot escape this, and you can no longer lie about this. But remember, that you chose to lie to yourselves and the rest of us (and me directly) about this truth. Why? It is because you are afraid. You are afraid of self doubt. You are afraid of ridicule. You are afraid of legal matters. You are afraid of persecution. But I think most importantly, you may be afraid of failing to present the News in its entirety, in all the subject represents, if you should so try.

Why do I think this? It is because you constantly wish for things to remain civil, tranquil, and constant. You don't want things to change. You don't want to take sides. You don't want to be forced to call people names. You fear the truth.

Let me remind you that I worked at one time as a graphic designer for a newspaper. I know of which I speak. Have you never wondered why the people who present the news seem so arrogant and one sided? It is their own defense mechanisms designed to give them the courage they need to present hard facts and brutal truths to themselves and others.

More below...

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Hot_Wings]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
It is your own disgust and anger at the lies that have been laid before us all that has made you even attempt to create the “ATS News”. But yet, you still refuse to take sides, call names, and dig for the whole truth, and declare it far and wide. You will only go halfway, and no further. You claim that it is because your purpose is different, that your goal is not the news, but you are only lying now to yourselves. I have exposed myself to persecution for the benefit of all to tell you of this ugly truth because I am trying to be an example and I, and the rest of the world, are worth your full efforts and you are worth mine. You now know that this entire site is by definition nothing but “The News” and you will therefore not be able to continue to deny it to yourselves and others. Now that you know this truth, it will burden you as soon as your skills have attained a level of proficiency greater than that of an amateur broadcaster (which you have by self declaration thus achieved by “Going Live”). Soon, the fact that you are never meeting the true definition of your efforts, and your viewers needs, will eat at your fence standing and wall-flowering such that you can no longer bear it. Your own conscience will demand that you either stop your efforts entirely, or continue them further to their only final end, that of a true investigative, news reporting agency, in all its facets, expense, and complication.

I knew this from the beginning, and I even prodded you privately to create a full news site, but you refused to respond. But your own anger and frustration with the lies from the regular news agencies has brought you to this current point of going only halfway. Will you go further? Will you go beyond the safety of the fence with fervor, conviction, planning, and discipline?

I do not want you to quit. I want you to continue. Re-read all of my posts to you about the “Chicks” and you will see that I have always wanted you to do more, go further, be more professional, do more investigating, and be more pointed of your intent and goals. I even claimed that I would challenge you if you chose not too, and I still will, for I also feel the burden of knowing the truths of our times and feeling compelled to tell others about them. Daily, I strive towards these very goals as well.

Go further! Become the full ATS News that you were always meant to become. Strive towards with courage what can only be your final end. Or else, your own guilt will cause you to either sell out what you have to the enemy, or quit whatever good deeds that you are doing so that you do not have to confront yourself in the mirror.

We need you, and you know this, but we need you to be what you were always meant to be, and not something half or less. If you do not go all the way to becoming a full news agency, then you will look back on the years with much regret, for knowing the truth will cause this. Remember that what they say is true, “It is better to have loved and lost, then to never have loved at all”.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
[color=444444]Subliminal Manipulation today. Can you see it?

After watching the video again, I have decided to watch a few more of your other “ATS News” videos.

That’s what I’m talking about.

…your latest video has only a few pages of reviews, many of which are by one or two people who have decided to respond many times to other reviewers…

No! who? Where? Me? This is only my 22nd post in this thread in 5 days.
Too many? :pout: (and i am no where on the previous page
)

I know that you say that you are not the news. But let us realize that there are many glaring contradictions with this statement. You have classified these segments as the “ATS News.”

That is a great point, and I wondered about that myself. Then I just assumed is was the “news” about what is contained in the active threads on “ATS”.
“news” about “ATS” discussions in threads by ATS members, therefore ATS NEWS oriented. But, I do not speak for ATS. This is just my interpretation.

I bet that you are scrunching up you eyebrows at this moment while commenting that I am somehow “whacked” in my reasoning, but let me explain. What is going on in the world bothers you as much as it does anyone else.
You are as upset with the real new's lack of investigating meaningful and pertinent topics as much as we are.

I don’t think you are “whacked”, actually I think you nailed it.
Seems to me a lot of the “real news” reports on the allegations of other “real news” to the point where we have “real news casters” reporting to us about “real news casters”. That is not what I pay my cable bill for. These “real newscasters” are not telling us the news, they are telling us want they want us to believe. Period. Please review the first link in my signature to visit another members thread where you can see a professional neuro-linguistic programmer dissect what Sean Hannity from FOX “NEWS” does to his guest, and what he does to his viewers. It is a pretty accurate analysis from someone who obviously knows about psyop stuff.

Perhaps what the CC team needs is a mission statement to come out of the gates with? Not “this is the news in the world”, but something akin to: “here are the dominant topics chosen by the ATS members that are being most frequently discussed amongst them in our community”

You don't want to take side. …snip… You fear the truth.

I’m not sure I agree with all the fear stuff, but you might be right about at least part of it. Laws exist because people fear and hate. How much do people fear and hate? What are the number of laws? Mandatory expectations that society places upon us, that we place upon each other, how many do we conform to in order to live up to those legal fears you mentions? (these questions are rhetorical, I doubt the supreme court justices and all the senators could write them down word for word from memory, yet we pay them to make new laws, when no child born today will probably live long enough to learn how many there are, let alone what they all are, imo)

Fear of failing when trying to do something one has not done before, and stepping up to try something that is challenging does invoke some measure of fear. This is a genetic disposition. Fear is a natural truth that is present within us. Fear is part of the truth. But the truth cannot fear the truth and remain intact as one truth. There must be a juxtaposition available for this.

Have you never wondered why the people who present the news seem so arrogant and one sided? It is their own defense mechanisms designed to give them the courage they need to present hard facts and brutal truths to themselves and others.

Some interesting stuff here:
Subliminal Manipulation today. Can you see it?

Hot_Wings,

That was one of the best posts here offering constructive criticism, and in a manner that was obviously sincere and genuine. Thank you very much for those posts.

sincerely,
john paul

[color=444444]Subliminal Manipulation today. Can you see it?

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

I am sorry it took so long to reply to you, as I don't troll the site whatsoever. My opinion stands. The chicks are less then subpar and I have no suggestions to make it better. I think these girls are being used for their looks not their skills and their reporting is not very exciting, and is just a basic recap of things we already discussed.

It's a waste of time, objective opinion is hard to come by around here. Your either a fan or your not. I am neither and i objectively state what I mean harsh or not and call it like i see it. Sure you have criticized in the past but for the most part, your on board with ATS' decisions.

Whats great about the world is, people don't always see things the same way.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join