It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kill the Ground Zero Mosque Ad (From the GOP Trust)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Who is the [url=http://www.goptrust.com/]The National Republican Trust PAC?]

On their website about this ad:

The networks refuse to run this ad.
We need your help to get the message out.
Click here if you want the mosque project stopped.

A mosque is about to be erected on the hallowed acreage of lower Manhattan's Ground Zero. Where we Americans weep, they rejoice and intend to erect a shrine to the 9/11 terrorists they hail as martyrs. This offense cannot stand.

On[/] hallowed ground?

A shrine to the 9/11 terrorists?

And the ad itself...

What do you think? Are the networks right or wrong to not run this?

Is it censorship for them not to run it?

Is the ad bigoted?

Is this the GOP message for election year?

With fear-mongering ads like this who needs the actual terrorists.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I feel the ad is bigoted, yes. To me I'm not convinced that they are responsible for the attacks on 9/11. They sure want us to hate muslims dont they? Equating muslims with extremists (all are one in the same) how cleverly devilish of them. Thankful for me, I actually think on subjects like this and don't act on my emotion. Unfortunately, this would further serve to divide the people because they don't know any better.

I say censor it. They've censored stuff for far less. Why should they be able to choose what is shown and what can't be? But then, that wouldn't be the American way...

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Wedge issue nonsense by a party that has zero ideas on an election year, and seizing the opportunity to gather a few ignorant votes. Sad part is, it works.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I remember when I first heard about the mosque being built there. I thought "how dumb is that? Why don't they build it a couple of blocks away, at least?"

And then I found out that is where it's being built. Not AT ground zero, but a couple of blocks away

In amongst strip clubs, liquor stores, all those other "hallowed ground" types of businesses.

It's sad, but I see the USA becoming more and more divided, with religion, and race, and politics, and wealth or lack of it.......

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Haha, I can only laugh at these times to keep from going insane. What freakin hypocrites we live with in this country. Go on, go out and get all pissy about a mosque near ground zero. You morons, none of you, here, and the rest of the country, went nearly as mad when Congress denied our "beloved" hero's their just due A few weeks ago.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Xtinguish]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtinguish

That was a crime. All to protect offshore bank accounts of the rich. Shameful. Yeah...where was their "outrage" then? Most excellent point.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Sure the add is one sided, all adds are,
"Come to our church and Jesus will save you"
Buy the toyota it's better than Ford"
That's the nature of advertising, but that's not the question.

Should it be censored?

If you think it should be censored then you hand over the access to all points of view to some "panel of elders", then what if they want to sensor your "Come to ATS for the truth" add?

The Islamic leaders would build more bridges and advance the view of their Religion 1000 times more if they came out and said " Yes we can build here but because of the emotions involved we feel it more prudent to build somewhere else."

Counting the total number of people effected by the 9/11 deaths would be a huge task, brothers, sisters moms, dads aunts, uncles, etc, etc, you get the idea.
How could you possibly think that people would have a better view of your Religion if you force the issue, unless you want the American Infidels fighting among themselves? Remember we all saw them dancing in the streets all over the middle east the day of the attack.

There are some rights we have in this country that we have that at some time it is not prudent to exercise them. And if we do at that time, we should expect controversy.

Maybe that's the goal??

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtinguish

and to add more damage...

Congress approved that amendment that allows people filing for bankruptcy to exempt firearms worth $1,500 or more from being claimed by creditors during bankruptcy.

In this economy rumble, maybe I should "trade" in firearms ? Lots of people want to escape bankruptcy, that I know.

..and later we all have lots of hand grenades, without any money and the ads are saying kill the mosque, yippiekayyay.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Propoganda and hate propoganda such as this needs to be erased from society as this is yet the millionth attempt in the last decade or so to hate Arabs and Muslims and to equate them all with radical extremists.

Yet, the latest attempt to ignite the powder keg that is festering over our nation.

The GOP Trust, it's advertisers, sponsors and donors should be kicked out of the nation for being Anti Constitution. If this is allowed to air (hoping it won't be) and one single person is killed as a direct result then The GOP Trust needs to have it's feet held to the fire and be brought up on charges of the promotion and execution of a hate and biased crime which last time I chequed was a felony as well as a capitol offense.

The lie of "Radical Arab Extremists attacked us on 9/11" no longer holds water as every single part of that claim has since been debunked and overturned. They can no longer pull the lie and that makes for a very dangerous and potentially volitle situation.

Look at how a few racists azzhats firebombed a mosque in Florida and bombed the site of a Tennesse mosque, Racism and extrmistism defined within our own borders sickens me.

I live 3 miles from The WTC and do not have one single problem with the new Islamic Cultural & Community Center as it should be refered to as being built now.

Yet, anyone who tries to stick thier neck out and says truth gets kicked in the teeth and gets ran through the ringer of disinformation and lies.

This peice of crud they are trying to call an advertisement is not worth me bumping the viewership statistics for the poster or for the vid.

Primo advertising spots during primetime (730p -11p) and in national television networks cost a pretty penny so these people gotta have deep pockets in order to run it for which I hope this does not ever air or else the station who airs it will see a drastic decline in ratings. Think what's going on at NBC is anything? (declining ratings, failing shows) this better serve as a reminder that the public will always get what it wants.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

new topics

top topics

join