It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Directive: Erect Signs at All Stimulus Projects as 'Symbol of President Obama's Commitme

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

White House Directive: Erect Signs at All Stimulus Projects as 'Symbol of President Obama's Commitment to American People'

www.cnsnews.com

(CNSNews.com) - Federal contractors receiving money for projects funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA)—the $862 billion economic stimulus law President Barack Obama signed in February 2009—have been encouraged and, in some cases, required by the administration to post signs that say their work is funded by that specific act.

“Funded By: American Recovery and Reinvestment Act/ Barack Obama, President.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
How much will this cost?

This entire stimulus effort has been an unmitigated failure and a joke. We have foolish projects being worked on all over the country, most of which are simply giving folks already employed more work to do. All over the country government workers already receiving pay and benefits but have been furloghed a couple of days a month are simply getting those days back.

The shame of this entire effort is that it is a completely missed opportunity. Spend some time talking with someone who lived during the Great Depression. When FDR stimulated the economy, things were built. Things were built that stand today. Librarys, schools, parks. Things that put thousands of folks to work and things that this country could be and still are proud of. I have relatives who worked on some of those deals and from their perspective, they showed that the country could do great things regardless of how tough times were.

This go around we have new curbs going into neighborhoods where the old curbs were just fine. The curbs on my street are currently in the process of being replaced for the second time in a year. The first go around they built them 18 inches into the road and narrowed the road and thus had to be torn up and are now being redone.

Thats OK though, I'll be able to drive by a nice new sign reminding me what a bang-up job Obama is doing every time I leave my driveway.

www.cnsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

The failure would be with your local gov. Stimulus money did not create projects they just funded things that were already planned and not being done do to local budget shortfalls. We got some much need bridge and road work that had been put on hold and some addictional police officers. All these things would have been done they just would have had to wait for local or state funding down the road. Until then the people that would have been doing them would be sitting at home collecting unemployment.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Thats the point though. Why should federal money pay for your town's police officers? It should'nt. Same for bridge maintenance.

This entire stimulus effort has been a short-sighted effort to grease as many political districts and politicans as possible, not to build lasting infrastructure that would have a meaningful impact. It would be better to spend 100% of the money to rehabilitate one neglected city than this nickel and dime business we're currently involved in

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Whats the joke is the commitment to the people line of BS. It is being done for advertising, or if you would rather have it, campaigning.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by MrSpad

Thats the point though. Why should federal money pay for your town's police officers? It should'nt. Same for bridge maintenance.

This entire stimulus effort has been a short-sighted effort to grease as many political districts and politicans as possible, not to build lasting infrastructure that would have a meaningful impact. It would be better to spend 100% of the money to rehabilitate one neglected city than this nickel and dime business we're currently involved in

I happen to think bridges and roads are lasting infrastructure that have a meaningful impact. And considering the state of them in this country somebody had better start fixing them and soon. Of course the real point is people are working because of it. And since they are working they are not sitting at home collecting unemployment. Of course if they used the money for some grand dam or something everyone would complain why don't they do something for real Americans in real towns. And if they did nothing people would say, why don't they do something. And so it goes.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by MrSpad]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
WOW, proof that the Obama Administration is using federal dollars to further propaganda.

Didn't someone just call for an investigation into this VERY thing?

Nevermind, propaganda is okay when the anointed one does it.

Even though there are laws against it, I am sure someone will bring up the BTOGDI syndrome.

But the other guy did it!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I have already seen a sign. My town got (drum roll.................) a FRED'S...yes a Fred's dollar store and outside of it is this giant sign..I would say 5 feet x 5 feet. It says funded through the recovery act or something like that. I think it says "putting people to work"

Like we need ANOTHER dollar store in the area. Yuck!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
OMG this seems as though it could be edging towards the kind of enforced 'leader' worship as seen in some of the worst dictatorships in the world.

Adulation of the 'fuhrer' is a typical characteristic of such regimes... Mao Tse Tung, Saddam Hussein, Hitler come to mind.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Yeah, exactly. North Korea came to my mind, with pictures of Kim everywhere. Might as well post a picture of yourself too, Obama. Like we are ever going to forget that face? Why don't you shove that down our throats too like you did your health care bill. It doesn't matter what the people think- what matters is only Obama.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Here in Australia the same thing is happening...

We have a School Builgings Stimulis program.
Part of the law says the school MUST display a sign saying something about this is part of the Labour Goverment building program...

These signs, by law, MUST be on display for many months after the building is finished.....

Forced advertising????

top topics

join