It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Dept. threatens to sue Ariz. sheriff Arpaio in civil rights inquiry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Justice Dept. threatens to sue Ariz. sheriff Arpaio in civil rights inquiry

www.washingtonpost.com

Justice Department officials in Washington have issued a rare threat to sue Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio if he doesn't cooperate by Tuesday with their investigation into whether he discriminates against Hispanics.

a federal grand jury in Phoenix is examining whether Arpaio has used his power to investigate and intimidate political opponents and whether his office misappropriated government funds

Arpaio runs a 3,800-employee department, and a state at the epicenter of the debate over
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
It's funny how people say "illegal immigrants" are here ILLEGALLY, they are therefore breaking the law. Meanwhile these same people support Arpaio using unlawful methods to capture anyone he might consider illegal.

In any case it's about time!!!!

I do agree that AZ is in a difficult situation, where one might argue that the state needs to take matters into their own hands, but handcuffing a woman giving birth is not one of them. That won't help anything in curbing illegals.

Let's see what happens!

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Meanwhile these same people support Arpaio using unlawful methods to capture anyone he might consider illegal.

Even if this is true. Sometimes you have to fight 'fire w/ fire' so to speak. Because this a fight for sovereignty. And in certain extreme situations when the law becomes inadequate, it can become necessary to resort to actions of seemingly questionable morality at face value, which in the long run places itself in the realm of what would be deemed natural justice.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I think Sheriff Joe will kick their a$$ in court. It is unbelievable how the
government wants to sue someone for doing their job.

These "illegal immigrants" are not immigrants. Only when they come
across the border "legally" can they even be considered immigrants.
They didn't imigrate, they sneak in during the dark of night and snub
their noses at all of us here in America. They can imigrate back to Mexico.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
So, can Sheriff Joe sue them as well for failure to do their job? Seems fair to me, this wouldn't be happening if the federal government was doing it's part.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
So, can Sheriff Joe sue them as well for failure to do their job? Seems fair to me, this wouldn't be happening if the federal government was doing it's part.

I do agree with this
But his methods are appalling though

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

I do agree with this
But his methods are appalling though

I feel that they're no more appalling than the government's gross lack of adequately enforcing appropriate border-security. That's the real emergency.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I would love to see them try a jury will acquit him in a heartbeat.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

Don't be ignorant, its NEVER been about fire with fire, he STOPS everyone that is dark skinned and I have seen it first hand!!

Its a matter of enforcing illegal immigration and stopping people because they "COULD BE ILLEGAL" I think your tune would change if you were on the receiving end.

Hmmmm there is a problem with white people crossing into the states illegally, and now they are checking everyone that is white as possible illegal, ohhhhh yeh then all of a sudden theirs a problem, really depends on who is getting disadvantaged to find out what the argument will be.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
joe arpaio is 78 flippin years old- please go away and feed the ducks grampa.
ah, but joe would have to shoot them-
80 year old joe arpaio out at fountain hills with a shotgun
rounding up illegal ducks. they have no regard for borders.
they must be stopped..

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by svpwizard

Okay. So do you know of a better solution to keeping our country safe, our borders safe, and the illegals out?

Just because he stops somebody of a different skin color does not concern me. If they have nothing to hide that they know is illegal? They shouldn't have anything to complain about.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It appears the Feds are breaking the Law

"While we have no quarrel with the assistant U.S. attorneys handling the investigation, the attorney general's comments appear to violate federal regulations, departmental policy and state ethical rules designed to ensure the fairness of criminal investigations," Agarwal said.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
We should have a border that is almost a killzone.

And inside we are allowed to do anything we want that does not hurt another.

Now, that would be coooollll.

As far as the lawsuit against Arpaio, these lawsuits have been going on for years. Hmmmm, have there been ANY successes.

I THINK NOT.

If there were, we would have them all over the MSM.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by p51mustang

meh
Sheriff Joe scares ya' huh.
He scares a lot of traitors and criminal invaders.

Keep on keepin on Joe

We the MILLIONS of people love ya' and are backing you 100%

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

The shotgun approach HAS NEVER solved any problem but created even more! the solution is so simple its just beyond common sense, SECURE THE BORDERS, resolve one way or another what to do with those in the country and move forward, the problem people DON"T UNDERSTAND is the government NEEDS the immigrants for income, and so do the companies hiring them.

what People care about DOES NOT MATTER, and that amazingly should be crystal clear, but obviously not, now if it was a reality show, I think it could be fixed.

new topics

top topics

join