It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Is Wikileaks Really?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Where Is Wikileaks Really?

We all hear a lot of stuff about Wikileaks and Julian Assange in the MSM media...they released the IRAQ video, they released the Afghan documents...BUT...

The web is full with Wikileaks news

where is WikiLeaks really? where are their offices? where are their servers?

i tried o find out , so here its goes..

STEP 1 :: How Wikileaks works

first, you have to go to their home page

Wikileaks home

It looks like this

then you choose Submit documents....and it then REDIRECTS you to this web page

sunshinepress.org...

notice it is NOT on Wikileaks domain..strange huh?

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

what they say here?

WikiLeaks accepts classified, censored or otherwise restricted material of political, diplomatic or ethical significance. WikiLeaks does not accept rumour, opinion or other kinds of first hand reporting or material that is already publicly available. If your submission matches this criteria we will publish and keep published the document you submitted. The information you submit will be technically anonymized and we do not retain any information on you. We will never cooperate with anyone seeking to identify you.

Please choose a file for upload: To upload multiple files please compress them as a file archive. Please split files lager than 200MB into smaller files. Thanks

ok...lets go to the next step....

lets say you choose your documents and sent it (to be clear, i send them picture of my cat)

whoa!

more stuff here...

Upload Complete Thank you for your upload.

Please provide us with information about the political, ethical or historical value of your submission and why it should be disclosed to the public. Failure to provide this information might mean it will not be published. If your material requires urgent publication, or you have any specific wishes in respect to the publication time, please tell us about them

If you want to give us more context and details about your submission please, feel free to do so. Any information you can provide will help with verification and maximizing the impact of your submission.

SO....they do not want technical stuff, they do not want cure for AIDS...they want POLITICS....mhm...weird...

and you press the Upload button...and...

Your upload is complete. Thank you for the upload. We will look at the material as soon as possible. If you want to submit more material please click HERE to go back to the landing page.

you get a big hug!! (no you dont)
so...this is the process that will liberate the world and shut down corrupted MSM?

this is the process that lead to this Afghan war diary

it sure does look like Intelligence OP to me...

he problem is not just that Assange posted 91,000 documents online having, by his own admission, read only 2,000 of them carefully. Nor is the problem the reckless exposure of brave Afghans who would rather not live under the jurisdiction of a fanatical religious cult. The real lesson for the Wikileaks team is that while obtaining secret documents is an integral part of journalism, it is not by itself journalism.

To be clear once again, i sent picture of my cat. thanks

[edit on 17-8-2010 by serbianhawk]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Not entirely sure what your point is here.

WhoIs Record for Sunshinepress.org

Whois Record for WikiLeaks.org

There you can information about the domain registration. You might notice that Sunshine press is owned by wikileaks. They are both tied to John Shipton, Julian's partner in disclosure.

Information about the IP for wikileaks can be found here

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
my point is not the technical side...

yo can even click Run, type CMD and then use

tracert www.__._

and you will see ALL the servers data is going through...

my point is...

how do you send 90 000+ documents using this submiting process..and dont tell me its one huge .zip file!

something very fishy here...

ireport.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I agree, I think many whistle blowers have since come forth with real documents, as the 90k really didn't tell us any bombshells, and they are being snuffed out quietly.

I think it's controlled by the gov, or like AT&T there is a "splitter" which sends all of the info to the gov.

I believe this was just to draw more out, who thought in their minds, ''YOU THINK THAT'S BIG?!?".

And are now known as a whistle blower to the powers that be.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by serbianhawk

Ah, I see your point. Hmm.. well, it would definately be a very large file. I could not speak to it without knowing the format of the files. If it was delivered as a SQL database, for instance, it very well could have been as small as 25 MB. plain text files can be zipped up rather tightly, but I doubt it was delivered as a list of text files.

I guess without know the delivery format, it would be hard to know what the upload was like. I tend to think it was delivered as a database of some sort, given that they made available a searchable database version.

I can see it from the flip side as well, that this was an orchestrated leak or something. I'm not too sure I care who is leaking as long as they don't spill any on me.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
can you even imagine the effort to read all of 90 000 documents...or to edit them ?

so, that means wikileaks posted un-checked stuff...

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by serbianhawk
can you even imagine the effort to read all of 90 000 documents...or to edit them ?

so, that means wikileaks posted un-checked stuff...

I thought about that as well, but then they really sat on this stuff for quite a while before releasing it. I'm not sure they released unchecked stuff, but perhaps this does imply that the "staff" is much larger than many of us are thinking.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by serbianhawk

how do you send 90 000+ documents using this submiting process..and dont tell me its one huge .zip file!

Wikileaks submission page (process is outlined within):

Wikileaks Submissions

From that page:

If your leak is extremely high risk, you may wish to post away from your local post office at a location that has no witnesses or video monitoring.

Many CD and DVD writers will include the serial number of the DVD or CD writer onto the CD/DVDs they write. If the post is intercepted this information can in theory be used to track down the manufacturer and with their co-operation, the distributor, the sales agent and so on. Consider whether there are financial records connecting you to the CD/DVD writer sale if your adversary is capable of intercepting your letter to us and has the will to do this type of expensive investigation.

Similarly, CD and DVD media themselves include a non-unique manufacturing "batch number" for each group of around 10,000 CD/DVDs made.

Although we are aware of no instances where the above has been successfully used to trace an individual, anti-piracy operations have used the information to trace piracy outfits who sell tens or hundreds of thousands of counterfeit CDs or DVDs.

If you suspect you are under physical surveillance give the letter to a trusted friend or relative to post. On some rare occasions, targets of substantial political surveillance have been followed to the post office and have had their posted mail seized covertly. In this rare case if you are not intending to encrypt the data and if the police or intelligence services in your country are equipped to perform DNA and/or fingerprint analysis you may wish to take the appropriate handling precautions.

[edit to correct link]

edit to add their address (it's a PO BOX, duh!):

To: "WL" or any name likely to evade postal censorship in your country.
BOX 4080
University of Melbourne
Victoria 3052
Australia

[edit on 17-8-2010 by misinformational]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
my point exactly...so Wikileaks DOES have real adress real server hosted at real hosting company...dont tell me that NSA or Mossad cant wire-tap it and steal data.c'mon....

join