It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Addicted to ATS?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Well at least you can't get pregnant from ATS, but you sure can catch something here.

Thanks for all the witty and well thought responses thus far.

Originally posted by boondock-saint
sometimes I think ATS is better than SEX !!!

aaaahhhhhhh

maybe not !!!!

but it's a real close 2nd !!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I have long sustained a hypothesis that combining both would be good.

Much to my surprise, my enthusiasm wasn't fully appreciated by Mrs. Sdog.
Which is rather odd because I clearly explained to her that by denying the empirical testing of said hypothesis she is embracing ignorance. That made her angry. This also surprised me as I made a rather convincing argument ... or so it seemed.

But I digest ...

[edit on 17 Aug 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
WOW!

did you guys know there were other "sites" on this interweb thingy other than ATS?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

I have long sustained a hypothesis that combining both would be good.

what would those kids look like?

"hi, i am the illegitimate grandson of SimonGray, but you can call me ATS junior"

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

I stayed a lurker for a few months I think...it was mainly the wanting to stay anonymous thing I think...that's probably the main reason people stay as a lurker...but soon enough I just couldn't help myself, and I felt my basic knowledge of conspiracies (mainly UFO's, Aliens etc at the start) was substantial enough to throw in my 2 cents...

reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

That $#!@ is just classic...star for you...

[edit on 17/8/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Now that we have come together in order to express each of our main contributors in a single post, we will introduce ourselvs in turn, describing the necessary role ATS plays for each:

Hello! My name is Chief Chicken Foot. I'm bored. I eat cheese flavored rice with vermicelli.

Hello! My name is Sir Eddie Cerdo. I'm sad. I like to drive on the parkway and park on the driveway. I eat hamburgers and crème brûlée.

Hello! My name is Enrico Caljun. I'm confused. I like Espresso on the rocks with Kaluha. I eat pasta and marinara.

Hello! My name is Erich Unterwelt. I'm forlorn. I like to dream. I need the dopamine shot.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I signed up to ask one lousy question. One! It got totally ignored...no replies. It was a typical new member thread with a You Tube video

Here I am...two years later. Hundreds of posts, dozens of friends and knowing a damn sight more than I did back then. Internos was a kind of mentor in the early days, he'd u2u encouragement and the odd applause. It's tough for new guys and easy to forget they have ideas as interesting as anyone else's.

I've noticed that the Class of 08 has some of the best members on ATS...a good year!

There are some personal reasons for staying around and ATS addiction is probably one of them

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I would say yes! I tried to stay away for almost 2 weeks after I became a civilian trying to look for a job, go to school etc but something about this site just doesn't want to let go of me or I can't let go of it. Only site that I know and learn from to deny my own ignorance.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

If you are addicted to ats, you are addicted to deception.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I heard about ATS through my stepson,who is a member.
I wanted to see what he was posting here.I needed to be
assured that the FBI wasn't going to knock on our door
looking for him!
I checked the site out and joined that same day.I have been
addicted ever since.My house needs cleaned,laundry folded,
grass mowed.We won't even discuss dinner...My husband has
had a few soup and sandwich dinners,since I joined.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I admit I am addicted

I joined for the UFO/Alien forum mostly but after that I found MANY other interesting topics on ATS and can't go a day without logging in...heck who am I kidding I never log out!

I always came across ATS via google searches for things on aliens, ufo's, Egypt and Mars. One day I just decided to join.

I love all the information I find on here and it's done in a way where I can search for just about anything I like and find a thread with various links to read. I love all the knowledge I have gained from ATS.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection

If you are addicted to ats, you are addicted to deception.

I don't see it that way. I am addicted to ATS but I am also addicting to finding answers to things that I have been deceived by. So I am not addicted to deception but to find the truth behind the deception.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I stumbled upon ATS whilst looking for information after the BP rig explosion. The subsequent lack of msm coverage of the gusher kept me coming back. I would not say I am addicted yet .

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
It's like being back at school.

There are the geeks, the bullies, the kid's that are cheeky to the teachers (the mods), the 'special needs' students etc. There are so many interesting characters on here and in a funny, cyber kind of way, its like you get to know them.

And all the while you are learning something, a subject that you are actually interested in rather than French or something equally tiresome.

It's entertaining and as addictive as cigarettes!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Star

There are the geeks, the bullies, the kid's that are cheeky to the teachers (the mods), the 'special needs' students etc. There are so many interesting characters on here and in a funny, cyber kind of way, its like you get to know them.

well my mommie says that I had to ride
the short bus and I didn't wanna

but I found out later that the long bus
was heading off to the FEMA Camp
so I guess it was the right decision.
I really don't like camp anyway.

Skeptic !!! Phage got my wiki insurance file
again. Make him give it back !!!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

What brought you to ATS?

Wanted to check it out.

What keeps you at ATS?

Nothing, to be honest this place is full of people that are full of themselves. This site looks like a conspiracy/pseudo intellectual themed flame war. The only thing that is different about this site is the ammount of butthurt people get over seeing other people's ideas.
So lets see...
Large membership pool- yup
fanatics on both sides of every major polarizing issue - yup
Mods to ban people- yup
every thread gets turned into some polarizing issue - yup
Yeah ATS is just another forum...

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
No, I'm not addicted to ATS.

I'm addicted to facebook games mostly.

Add me, need neigbours, daily player.

[edit on Tue, 17 Aug 10 by Jazzyguy]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Star

No, it is NOT!

School was simply hate.

ATS is love-hate and I actually attend.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

I swore off of those games a while back and I won't go back either, lol.

Facebook games are def addictive.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
What brought me here? My own experiences with UFOs. My life long battle with sleep paralysis. My father, who taught me about the NWO and the kennedy assassination. My inquisitive solipsist nature.

What keeps me here? Any and all of the above.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join