It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian S-300s in Abkhazia block possible Israeli air route to Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Russian S-300s in Abkhazia block possible Israeli air route to Iran

debka.com

US and Israeli military sources told debkafile Thursday, Aug. 12, that a threat from Georgia was not the reason why Russian posted advanced S-300 interceptor batteries Russia in Abkhazia and air defense weapons in South Ossetia on the northern shore of the Black Sea -as Moscow officially maintained, but rather possible moves by the US and/or Israel against Iran and its nuclear facilities.
Georgia's armed forces do not run to the sophisticated warplanes, missiles or drones that would warrant establishing the high-powered S-300 interceptors for defending the breakaway Abkhazia and South Osseti
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
this is getting serious...

The deployment was also a message of reassurance from Moscow to Tehran: Although Russia is withholding the advanced S-300 interceptors from Iran it has its own methods for blocking an American or Israel raid on the Islamic Republic's nuclear facilities.

i wonder if russia will defend iran

debka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

is awesome people getting killed, as long is not you right?

some people really deserve what they get

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DisappearCompletely

Just because you dont agree with my stance on war... Dont you dare knock my bud light!!!! EVER!!!!

Look, I admit .. I am a little twisted when it comes to war.. But this time I have a nobel cause..

The fighting is never going to end, unless we COMPLETELY stir the pot.. I mean total ww3.

This drink tastes like crap... We need a new bartender.. My feelings are this.. this might all be orchestrated .... there is no way ww3 is going to go as planned.. I think that the entire balance of the planet will be upset and "super powers" will no longer matter.

I am looking at ww3 as the begining of peace..

Call me what you want... While your crying over casualities, Ill be smiling and watching it all unfold!!

Besides, I truely believe that the planet has passed sustainable population.. And no offence .. I am not worried about your kids.. I am worried about mine!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
reply to post by Mobius1974

is awesome people getting killed, as long is not you right?

some people really deserve what they get

Due to problems in my past, I can not join the military!! Believe me when I say... I would be on the front lines right now, if I could.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
more tiger wrestling and T-rex hunting from mother russia.

Let them pound their chests...they don't want a war with the USA or Israel and they know it.

P.S. Corona sucks

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
It´s another nonsense from debka.
Debka should be banned on ATS.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by hornyana_jones
i wonder if russia will defend iran

The very act of placing them and letting that be known is defence in it's self, sort of like when a US aircraft carrier pops up in a troublesome area, or even the big guy at the end of the bar scowling at the chavs acting up at the other end of the bar...

It's not like they have to say anything, it's everyone's right to scowl, they don't have to get involved when it all kicks off... The very presence makes people think twice, so maybe defusing a situation ergo defence.

Or on the other hand the silent big guy could be spoiling for a fight and is fanning the flames.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
It's a move to force israel to attack through saudi arabia, therefore getting that wahabi county involved. so when iran invades basra, kuwait, and then oil rich saudi region, there would be a reason to justify the invasion. an economic collapse will follow, an iranian tactical and strategical victory. check mate!

it is true that when a human is not affected he does not care, an economic collapse will affect everyone, thus everyone will be involved in this war, unlike the 2003 iraq invasion, this time the average man in the street of europe will feel the war.

[edit on 17/8/2010 by RizeorDie]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

IMHO Iran would be very daft to think about invading anyone now! - They should carry on as they are, fortified to the hilt and trying to procurer defensive weapons systems. Even the nukes they wan't will be for defence, any offensive actions not on their home pitch would be a big stretch... They can do all that by proxy as they probably already are doing in Afghanistan.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

They will not attack now, after israel strikes their nuclear programme expect attacks on saudi pipe lines, refineries, and blocking the strait of hormuz. as the war escalates, and becuase the shia in saudi arabia will revolt against their government, it will be a perfect time for iran to strike. i not only gurantee you, but i promise you that the saudis will not fight till the death, they will flee. iraq is not stable and cant protect its borders, kuwait is tiny, and oil rich saudi region is full of oppressed shias anyway.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisappearCompletely

Originally posted by Mobius1974
reply to post by hornyana_jones

I hope they do... Man... I am getting 4 boxes of pop corn and a 1/4 barrel of bud light.. this show is going to be frickin awsome!!!!!!!!

Yeah, people dying is always awesome! You're pathetic.

PS: you drink awful beer.

You consider the Zionist as people?.... there not so let the show begin!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
IF this is true, then the radar alone would give an option of covert advanced attack warning. This still makes me think it's going to be a cold war.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Hmm another post inform of 20 jet, free to Israel from USA, expected delivery sort of ASAP (within this year)-Israel pieces. Now Russia is moving their jets - Russia chess pieces(is it true?). I wonder if the nuke power plant is done yet (Iran chess pieces).

Now, we have to look for other chess pieces movement.
Iraq, Turkey, Brazil, Saudis, Lebanon, Jordan, Syria and China.

..and why so many post censored ?

[edit on 17-8-2010 by RainCloud]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
ON TOPIC: I hope they do shoot down a plane.. ww3 will begin and I will sit back eat pop corn and drink my bud light!

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Mobius1974]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join