It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shots fired in McKinney; one confirmed dead

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
No, this is not a place for repeating the same thing over and over again. It's a place for adults to gather and share opinions and not to rejoice at other people being put into danger.

Originally posted by Openmindlight
Finally someone decides to fight back against the facist police state police. Soon the day will come when we will all be free of our RFID chips.

Where, exactly, does this quote not suggest that you are happy about what happened?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

It's a place for adults to gather and share opinions and not to rejoice at other people being put into danger.

Oh i did not see the age restriction when i signed up, my bad. Is this an adult only site?

Where, exactly, does this quote not suggest that you are happy about what happened?

Where does it suggest that i am happy about it?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Openmindlight

New member, I'd suggest you really check yourself.

No, this place is not for only adults, but by joining and reading through those Ts and Cs that you will conduct yourself in an adult manner.

If you are really that dense to not see where what you said was in favor of what this crazy person did, there's not much I can do for you. But let me try.

Saying: "Finally someone decides to fight back against the facists police state police" when the "fighting back" is shooting them up for no good reason, it seems to me you are putting your stamp of approval on their actions.

Do not play this game with me. You were out of line plain and simple. I, along with many others on these boards are fed up with people chiming in with little remarks they feel make them feel smart and do not contribute to the topic. Your post did zero to add. It was cop hate propaganda.

I have a level of vigilante disdain for authority that any rational human being would have, but I will never approve of killing someone who is showing up to their job. You have no idea if those officers are "facists".

I stand by my original comments.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

New member, I'd suggest you really check yourself.

well well, so now because im new i am somehow not as great as you? Please get over yourself.

No, this place is not for only adults, but by joining and reading through those Ts and Cs that you will conduct yourself in an adult manner.

Does adult mean whatever you agree with?

"fighting back" is shooting them up for no good reason,

He had no good reason now? Do you have inside information that the rest of us are not aware of?

Do not play this game with me. You were out of line plain and simple. I, along with many others on these boards are fed up with people chiming in with little remarks they feel make them feel smart and do not contribute to the topic. Your post did zero to add. It was cop hate propaganda.

Really? Conrtibuted nothing? Im sure you oh so clever rebuttals have "contributed" so much to this very interesting thread. It was not cop hate propaganda, would that make your posts cop love propaganda? Do what you want behind closed doors i just don't want to see it.

have a level of vigilante disdain for authority that any rational human being would have, but I will never approve of killing someone who is showing up to their job.

Typical fascist propaganda...I never said i approve of anything.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Finally someone decides to fight back against the facist police state police. Soon the day will come when we will all be free of our RFID chips.

Are you suggesting that you know the gunmans reasoning behind all this? Or are you really just speculating? With all due respect, and opinions of police aside, I really think it would be wise to stick to the facts until we KNOW of his reasoning...

That said, this kind of behavior is NOT a good thing... Even if he does hate the police, he risked the lives of MANY innocent people.... Is that okay with you? It's not okay with me...

There are countless legal and safe ways to protest that DO make a difference.... Shooting up a police station is not one of them.

And no, you did not offend me.... So do not apologize to me... I just think it is smart to stick with the facts we know, untill we know more... Speculation at this point....just wont work that well... Lets stick with the facts...

The facts being, a lone man for reasons unknown decided he wanted to kill cops... He did not do so and died in the process.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
You guys are so quick to jump to conclusions about what i said it is laughable. It is like watching cavemen trying to find out how a pencil works.
I believe this to be a stagged attack and the police shot the gunman effectively bringing it to an end and fighting back against TPTB.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
My personal thoughts aside, it is time for me to step in as a MOD here... Everybody calm down before things get too heated... there is no reason for things to get heated and ugly here...

Let's all take a deep breath and calm down before we continue posting... If you can not post calmly and discuss the issue rather than discuss each other, then do not post....

Everyone behave.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
If you were one of The Big Three and made that comment, I'd have said the exact same thing.

This is tiring. You are a new member so I will say this one more time, check yourself. I did not speak to you in order to cut you down. I was a new member at one time, we all were. (surprise surprise, I was even out of line before I was checked) You need to realize how things work. Two lined responses that contribute nothing and are hateful in nature deserve no place here.

As I said, many here are fed up with it, and I predict many more members doing just the same as I, considering this is not the first time this has happened.

The members of ATS that care about this place will make it what it once was. I invite you to be one of those members.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

You guys are so quick to jump to conclusions about what i said it is laughable. It is like watching cavemen trying to find out how a pencil works.
I believe this to be a stagged attack and the police shot the gunman effectively bringing it to an end and fighting back against TPTB.

OK, I will tell you what.... On what do you base your speculations? We know nothing of the reasoning behind this mans actions...

So what makes you think it was a staged attack? What makes you think this was an attempt to fight back against the powers that be, or the facist police state as you call it?

Do you have anything to offer other than speculation as to why you think this? Because with all due respect, it seems you are the one jumping to conclusions.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
It seems things are a bit heated here but thanks OP for the info - there is nothing on CNN about it. Didn't school just start recently and we already have an incident? I will return for updates but not to read others trashing those that are trying to help in a critical situation.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I think the reason why it wasn't on TV is because first off, it happened around 9 am local time. (not trying to be a smart alec, I just realized that myself after getting on the horn with people I know who are at that college)

The other reason it wasn't on the MSM is because it was rather small...in the grand scheme ya know?

The fact that it wasn't on TV makes it laughable that it was staged. I'd be worried if this "little" incident was plastered all over the place.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Thank you for the reply - doesn't seem small to me. CNN is talking about peanut butter, lol.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Don't get me wrong, I don't think its that small either, especially considering my connections, but to the world of MSM it is.

Like I said, if it was all over the place I'd be worried. It seems to be a "crazy" who snapped.

Besides...it was more sensational to talk about the mother who killed her kids then this.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Yeah, here locally ( I am just two cities over... about a 10 minute drive from where I live to the site of this incident) I have not heard much about it. There was a small blurb on the radio, and the local news wont be on for another 4 hours.

As you said, it is a small deal in the run of things...

Anyway, the article quotes a witness, saying that it appears he was shooting at cars as they went by....Sounds like we have a rather crazy man on our hands...

Apparently, the police are expected to give an update at about 4 pm Central time.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2

Like I said, if it was all over the place I'd be worried. It seems to be a "crazy" who snapped.

See that is what I keep thinking. A crazy man who snapped... Another thought is perhaps it was a suicide by cop type of thing... In other words, perhaps it was a man who wanted to kill himself but was unable to do it himself so he started shooting at some one in hopes they would get shot and killed....

Honestly, I think a crazy man who snapped is what this will turn out to be, but I guess we will have to wait and see, until we get that update from the cops.

I kind of hope this guy left a note or something so we can learn his reasons.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
It could have been personal, maybe the gunman felt wronged in someway. I know all cops are not bad, but none-the-less those institutions are growing out of control and things like this will not surprise me in the future. With that being said, I can't promise I wouldn't do the same if I was pushed far enough and we have all seen how hard and how wrong the cops can push us. We might have had a little to much fluoride but we can only be pushed so far before we snap, every last one of us.

Do you enjoy being wronged? In the worse possible scenario, how far would you go?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

Well, if I was wronged, I know I would not retaliate by wronging others.... Going after others who were not in any way connected.... He risked the lives of innocent people.... It seems like he was just shooting to shoot, with no care as to who he hit....

It is a real possibility that he felt wronged by one or more cops at that police station... But you know what? Attempting to retaliate by shooting the place up is not acceptable... It is... Crazy..... Which is what I would not be surprised to find out this guy was.

Of course we are just speculating as to his reasons... We really do not know what he thought he was doing and why he was doing it..

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I hope there's some sort of closure as well. I'm sure some of those 5-0's, and their family, would like to know as well just so they can sleep better at night.

It could have been personal, but that still provides zero excuse for doing what he did. An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2

It could have been personal, but that still provides zero excuse for doing what he did. An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

So so true. If more people would realize and understand that, the world would be a much better place too....

Unfortunately, it appears as though we are all hell bent on blinding each other huh?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Well, if I was wronged, I know I would not retaliate by wronging others.... Going after others who were not in any way connected.... He risked the lives of innocent people.... It seems like he was just shooting to shoot, with no care as to who he hit....

Exactly, even IF he were wronged he'd still have to be mentally unstable to attack an entire police station. If it were just one cop that "wronged" him he could have singled him out, while off duty, without attacking the police station in its entirety (you'd still have to be mentally unstable at that point). There are some bad cops out there, there is no doubt about that...but violence is not the answer. This isn't Hollywood.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by yellowcard]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join