It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Levin hit with pie at Big Rapids event

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Levin hit with pie at Big Rapids event

www.detnews.com

Two of the protesters allegedly involved in hitting Sen. Carl Levin with a pie Monday were arrested last year while protesting U.S. war policy at the senator's office in Lansing.

One protester, Ahlam Mohsen, a Michigan State University senior from Coldwater, was arrested and faces arraignment today on a felony charge of stalking, and misdemeanor counts of assault and disorderly conduct, Big Rapids police said. She is accused of throwing the apple pie at Levin.
(visit the link for the full news article)

EDIT: Add: Woman accused of hitting Levin’s face with pie in Big Rapids

[edit on 17-8-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Well at least it was apple. Cherry and blueberry pies stain. And apple tastes better warm. I like cake better though.

At least we can finally say this senator was caught with 'pie on his face.'

The charges seem funny. In the end he will probably just get assault and disorderly conduct. You cannot charge a protester with stalking because you protested at his office before. Would be nice to see a picture of the senator covered in pie though.

www.detnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

You cannot charge a protester with stalking because you protested at his office before.

I bet you can, once that protester hurls an object and hits a U.S. Senator.

Must be hard for Democrats to have the Lunatic left go after them, especially anti-war types who use a form of violence towards them...... pretty ironic if you ask me.

I can't wait for November........................

BTW, for the record, no form of protest by either side should take the form of hurling things at our elected officials, hoping to hit them.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by pavil]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

This kid crossed a line that will more than likely affect her future once the college days are over and finding a job suddenly becomes a little more difficult after being charged with a felony.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

You cannot charge a protester with stalking because you protested at his office before.

I bet you can, once that protester hurls an object and hits a U.S. Senator.

Must be hard for Democrats to have the Lunatic left go after them, especially anti-war types who use a form of violence towards them...... pretty ironic if you ask me.

I can't wait for November........................

BTW, for the record, no form of protest by either side should take the form of hurling things at our elected officials, hoping to hit them.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by pavil]

I really cannot consider this violence...it w pie. He even said he didn't get hurt and joked about it "it wasn’t the first time he’d been pied in the face."

I think that a good lawyer would argue that stalking presumes premeditated planning and going to his home or etc. She did the first event at his office. That was government property.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

So if she hit him with something more substantial that would be a violent act?

Shoving a piece of pie into a 76 year old man's face is acceptable behavior???? That explains alot of where society is at this point in time, I guess.

They don't sell apple pie at the deli where this event took place according to the article......hence this was a preplanned premeditated act.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

I am not condoning what she did. But I do have to laugh. She could have shot him. If she can get away with pie, I would not be surprised if she could have gotten away with having a gun too. She should be punished absolutely.

On a funny note again: I think pie is the least of Levin's worries. Or any senator's worries. The problem here is cake. They have been having their cake, and eating too. She should have thrown cake.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Levin is not up for re-election yet.... I am sure his is glad to sit this years elections out.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
76 years old!?

I think we should institute a mandatory age retirement for EVERYONE in government.

Especially the SC. After we swap Obama for a libertarian conservative of course.

As for pie in the face, it could be considered assault.

Assault is defined as touching really. If there was not approval of the touching.

No harm has to be proven.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Existing Thread, Same Title

May not be same forum, but exactly the same story, and thread was up yesterday.

Search.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Search.

Search works for you?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
reply to post by getreadyalready

Search.

Search works for you?

LOL! It is an art, not a science!

I can make it work, yes.

Memarf showed me that going to Google, typing in some info and then ATS or the words spelled out will get you a very accurate hit every time.

If you use the same feature, powered by Google, from within the site, you don't usually get the best hits?

If I really want to post my thread, I use the ATS search (Plausible Deniability). If I really want to find a lost thread, I use the Google search.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Being from Michigan, I'll just say the say thing I said on the other thread...

What a waste of pie!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Huh, is it just me, or is the left-wing more apt at throwing things at people they do not agree with? Cause it usually seems that its the left wing lunatics are the ones throwing pies, eggs, at conservative speakers, at colleges, special events, etc. Why is that? How many instances have people seen where it rightwing lunatics throwing pies at leftwing speakers? I cannot find much on that. Its always leftwing ones.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Ironic how the anti-war types are always the most violent.

"Don't make war on innocents or I'll attack you !!"

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Since this thread deals with a 'pie in michigan', I saw this article and thought it might be relevant:

"Michigan tea partiers launch surprise push"

By KATHY BARKS HOFFMAN, Associated Press Writer Kathy Barks Hoffman, Associated Press Writer – 6 mins ago
LANSING, Mich. – Michigan Republican Party Chairman Ron Weiser talks enthusiastically about welcoming tea party supporters into the GOP, but he wasn't planning to give them his seat at the state convention....

the rest is here news.yahoo.com...

I still think it was a good waste of pie. And does anyone remember the liberal response when Bush had a shoe thrown at him, "Uh, it's just a shoe". Well...it's just a pie!

new topics

top topics

join