It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Abductions Threads are LIES (Mostly)!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Betty and Barny Hill, Travis Walton and many many others are absolutely real.
but it is true that there are many others that are absolutely blatant lies to gain attention and fame.

but how do you know you've never been abducted? chances are you have, but how would you know?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by aliengenes
Betty and Barny Hill, Travis Walton and many many others are absolutely real.
but it is true that there are many others that are absolutely blatant lies to gain attention and fame.

but how do you know you've never been abducted? chances are you have, but how would you know?

i agree those who sleep comfortably are the most vulnerable!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
reply to post by Hadrian

actually seeing what i've seen and experienced what i'v experienced you are not qualified to tell me what i'm qualified to do..step down solider

reply to post by kevinunknown

actually unless ur an abductee you have no idea..as a matter of fact anyone that redicules someone for claiming they are an abductee is actually kinda ignorant it would be like you or someone else claiming that they can crap out a pineapple size piece of fecal matter no one else can so why would you?

Except I didn't tell you what you're qualified to do ... I reiterated what you indicated as your qualifications for opinion. Step down, yourself, palooka.

And I'm not a "solider." I'm an Emperor.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

obviously you didnt get what i was saying in the original post..so i'm dropping it here!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hadrian

reply to post by Hadrian

actually seeing what i've seen and experienced what i'v experienced you are not qualified to tell me what i'm qualified to do..step down solider

actually unless ur an abductee you have no idea..as a matter of fact anyone that redicules someone for claiming they are an abductee is actually kinda ignorant it would be like you or someone else claiming that they can crap out a pineapple size piece of fecal matter no one else can so why would you?

Except I didn't tell you what you're qualified to do ... I reiterated what you indicated as your qualifications for opinion. Step down, yourself, palooka.

And I'm not a "solider." I'm an Emperor.

Lets please restrain ourself from the school yard shouting contest and get on track with the topic at hand. if one doesent belive provide evidence to change his/her mind if one dose belive provide evidence to prove its not real

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

Nope I meant sceptic, as it should be spelled on my side of the Atlantic.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Hi Kevinunknown, with all due respect, ALL the people claiming high levels of strangeness in the form of abduction claims cannot ALL be lying ALL the time i feel.I would recommend a thorough read and study of the late and much respected Pulitzer Prize-winning author and Harvard professor of psychiatry John E. Mack, M.D findings.He has invaluable data and conclusions regarding the alien/unknown abduction reality.He in general found that a large part of his subjects he interviewed and studied who claimed abduction were neither lying, delusional , insane, suffering from frontal lobe epilepsy, waking dreams or hallucinations, in fact his conclusions were that these people were truthfully recalling and describing real events, they were acting and behaving when one does after a real event. Hope you find the following information helpful.

“...a stunning breakthrough in our understanding of ourselves and our place in the larger cosmos. With a rare combination of empiricism, reason, and empathy, he skillfully guides us to reconsider our attachment to the bankrupt materialist worldview and open our minds to the possibilities of a universe of awesome diversity.” — Ralph Metzner, Ph.D., psychologist and author

I would strongly recommend this piece below by Mack;

Human Transformation and Alien Encounters Alien Thinking by Angela Hind, Pier Productions Not many scientists are prepared to take tales of alien abduction seriously, but John Mack, a Harvard professor who was killed in a road accident in north London last year, did. Ten years on from a row which nearly lost him his job, hundreds of people who claim they were abducted still revere him. (An article based upon a BBC Radio 4 radio program, Abduction, Alienation and Reason, originally broadcast June 8, 2005).

link for above Human transformation;

www.passporttothecosmos.com...

Link for complete works,interviews ect from Mack;

www.passporttothecosmos.com...

link for his institute;

www.johnemackinstitute.org...

[edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by K-PAX-PROT
I would recommend a thorough read and study of the late and much respected Pulitzer Prize-winning author and Harvard professor of psychiatry John E. Mack, M.D findings. He has invaluable data and conclusions regarding the alien/unknown abduction reality.

While Dr. Mack was clear that he did not find he abductees he studied to be suffering from either mental illness or lying, he was careful in his assessment that aliens may be behind the phenomenon

I would never say, yes, there are aliens taking people...] I would say there is a compelling powerful phenomenon here that I can't account for in any other way
Source

Mack was also careful in stating though he thought the phenomenon is real, in that the subjects are not fabricating their experience, he thought it was more psychological and spiritual than a physical phenomenon.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

While I agree that the alien abduction phenomenon is not a physical reality, in that aliens are not stealing people from their homes, I strongly disagree with your premise. What we call "alien abduction" may be a variety of conflated phenomenon, though while not a physical reality are still very real to those that experience it. You have made very serious charges, damning everyone who makes these claims as fabricators and addicts, yet have not presented any evidence of why you believe this to be the case. What has lead you to this conclusion?

[edit on 17-8-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I believe most alien abduction claims are just one of the ways people deal with being a victim of homosexual rape. I have been working on this theory for quite some time and a book is in the works. So far I have yet to be prooven wrong, i even got to interview travis walton now that was interesting.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I'm going to agree with the OP and say he's right simply because lack of evidence.

No evidence means these experiences can be anything, people dismissing them as alien abductions have established a theory before a hypothesis.

There is a lot of good potential for sci-fi authors out there, it's a shame they pretend it's fact.

I think some cases are very intriguing, as to their nature I'm not entirely sure I want to jump on a band wagon and say OK that's what it is. Isn't that ignorant?

Bring more proof to substantiate cases then the argument could be considered more tangible, yet at it's current state they are more admissible as fabrications, or lies. Only a handful, if that, are even truly groundbreaking or historic.

UFOs exist. I've seen with my own eyes. But see by it's an Unidentified Flying Object. UFO does not mean Unknown From Outer-space. Get that straight. Nothing implies it is alien, but strange flying objects can be observed in the night sky everywhere.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
To think humanity's primitive grasp of science can explain everything is the height of absurdity. If you look at humanity's grasp of science in a cosmic sense, we are barely on the level of primates. Can't cure hundreds of diseases although we have been studying them for decades. Can't solve world hunger. Can't manage space flight without our primitive 'bottle rocket' launch vehicles. Can't come up with a unified field theory yet, despite the world's 'best' minds working on it for how long?

Mankind is the special education class of the universe, as of now.

And to assume that aliens don't have the technology to snatch someone and return them to their bed is the height of arrogance.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

While I agree that the alien abduction phenomenon is not a physical reality, in that aliens are not stealing people from their homes, I strongly disagree with your premise. What we call "alien abduction" may be a variety of conflated phenomenon, though while not a physical reality are still very real to those that experience it.
[edit on 17-8-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

Ah, that's what I have been thinking ever since I read Jung's essay...

www.textfiles.com...

As a teenager I heavily leaned to the notion that people who claim such things are either complete morons or simply attention seeking media whores - and no doubt there were and still are some of them. But I do think, as many links from other folks as well as the referrence to Macke's book in this thread show, that it is a phenomenon that can't be explained by merely assuming dishonesty of the reporting party.

There's still many things to learn about this... Maybe one day we'll know.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Usually the experiencer says they are accompanied by one or two or more humanoid beings who guide them to a ship. They are then subjected to procedures in which instruments are used to penetrate virtually every part of their bodies, including the nose, sinuses, eyes, arms - abdomen and genitalia. Sperm samples are taken and women have fertilised eggs implanted or removed

Now is there not a lot of cases where physical marks,implants scoop marks have been documented.Bud Hopkins book "Intruders" is an example of this physical reality.I just think that to presume and to rule out any possibility of physical ET intelligences behind SOME abductions in the present understanding we have of this universe is a bit naive and jumping the gun a bit.Lets say that there are physical ETs and non physical entity's involved in the abduction reality, is there not a real danger of chucking the baby out with the bath water on any physical ET/unknown possibility.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I normally wouldn't answer to a opening post like this I would just ignore it.............but for all the abductee's and experiencer's on this site I feel a need to tell you................ IMO you need an anal probe real soon.

It's even worth getting kicked off this site to tell you that, yes Grandma is in rare form this afternoon.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
It's too bad you feel this way but begrudgingly, I understand. It's just one of those things that unless you've gone through it, you can't possibly have an iota of an idea what it's like.

Having said that, I still have a hard time accepting what happened to me. Trust me, it took years to even consider this let alone, semi-accept it. It's not a good feeling. Not in my case. Nothing bad happened but nothing concrete happened either (at least from what I recall)

It really boils down to one of three (well, four. Allowing what you said) things.
One: Someone (a Black OP) is screwing with our minds.
Two: Something seriously is malfunctioning in our brains)
Three: We really are being encountered by 'something' other than Human or human-intervention.
Four: Some are outright lying even though the phenomenon is real.

But, I can't see how anyone would want to claim this has happened when it didn't. There's no glory. There's no fame. There's no limelight. There's no special treatment. There's no understanding let alone commiserating. If anything, we jeopardize our otherwise good standings in the average persons out in society!

But OP....you're entitled. I just hope I'm around when I can silently say to everyone: "See? I told you so"

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

I think all that 'anal probing' is the reason aliens never have any teeth!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
well, there are many unsupported claims on this subject...i guess only time will tell

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

That was a great response. I don't know what to say, its the same thing over and over, and they get on threads that could be enlightening, and help others, and close them down.

By the time I've watered it all down so its not mean, and not out of a wish to be passive on threads, but more because I am experiencing Higher Self, and trying to get my relationships, in order, to be in control of what I say to others, and not react (some in family argue quite a bit and there is so much drama at times, whereas I need peace), that I will edit out some of what I want to say.

But you said it well.
If I could I'd give you 10 stars and a hug.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by signoregregorio
I'm going to agree with the OP and say he's right simply because lack of evidence.

No evidence means these experiences can be anything, people dismissing them as alien abductions have established a theory before a hypothesis.

You commit here the same sin you chide others for at the end of your post. Just as UFO does not mean "alien craft", the lack of evidence to support alien abduction being a physical reality does not then mean those who make such claims are liars or addicts, as KevinUnknown charges. The simple fact there is not evidence to support the alternative does not make KevinUnknown's charges valid. They require their own evidence before we can consider their validity. In essence, you and he have done the same as you accuse others above.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join