It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lost Betty Hill Interview *VIDEO*

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I understand what you are saying where we are the ones to create the false illusion to deal with the ordeal. And here I am speaking of the real event, not the false government dis-info program. They may have been well intentioned but in the end they only played into the hands of the real abductors.

Your scenario may very well be true with some of the contactee's but that would depend on each person individually and their own sense of being, and sadly, gullibility.

We know the phenomenon is not new and is well documented in the scriptures, though worded differently. In the past they have been called god, lord god, angels, watchers, succubus, incubus, and a host of other names, but always the same kind of event. To be taken up, to talk with god or his angels. Now they are simply classified into one group, "Aliens". Its the same old game with a new name.

Sure, I'm sure sometimes the contactee will recite what he thinks happened in his own words with his limited knowledge of the subject. But lets not forget these "aliens" have a powerful ability to insert their own story line into a persons gray matter / hard drive.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Not at all. I do believe that she believes she saw what she said she saw. I personally was not there so any opinion I have is pure speculation

Im not a huge believer in Alien Abductions but Miss Hill is the one I'd put money on being truthful if I had to.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Fasinating interview. I remember reading a book about the Hill's abduction as well as the made for t.v. movie ( I couldn't stand Shelley Winters playing Betty
). The interview was so different in that she was so nonchalant about her experience.

A few things I did find "off" was in the first or second part she spoke of the conversation she had with the alien about foods, yet in the ninth or tenth clip when the interviewer asked what they ate she said she didn't know.
Wouldn't you think that would be an obvious question when discussing human food to ask what the alien ate?

Another thing odd was her take on the government being so laid back about her encounter and her basically dissing the UFO organizations. That was kind of surprising. I would of thought the opposite.

Anyway, great find and thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
I'm uncertain as to how much relevance my reply has within this thread (In light of the scornful remarks made to me by a moderator regarding sharing or not sharing anything of use) but star and flag for sure, nice find!!!

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
I like how she dispels the negative connotations or myths that never happened to her during the encounter...

Important stuff for sure!

Getting the story straight from the metaphorical horse's mouth certainly beats someone else's interpretations of the story.

I'll do the full viewing later as it's getting late here - but again wZn nice find!!

-m0r

Great Find Watch... STAR & FLAG. Thanks For Embedding Video.

As For m0r1arty:

Ha Ha The Moderator Hollered At You!

Second Line -- Ha Ha Still Laughing At Poor Boo Boo Pumpkin Booooo.

What, You Dish Your Own Particular Brand Of Impetuous Hatred Recklessly And When You Get Called On It You Use It To Gain MORE Attention To Yourself?

In A Word...WoW!

All Good, I Have Read The Site Owner's Latest THREAD.

So Go Ahead And Spew Forth Your Abhorrent Venom At Me. I Will Not Cry.......................................................................................Much!

Again watch... Thanks For The Great Find & Embed.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsallmaya
Fasinating interview. I remember reading a book about the Hill's abduction as well as the made for t.v. movie ( I couldn't stand Shelley Winters playing Betty
). The interview was so different in that she was so nonchalant about her experience.

A few things I did find "off" was in the first or second part she spoke of the conversation she had with the alien about foods, yet in the ninth or tenth clip when the interviewer asked what they ate she said she didn't know.
Wouldn't you think that would be an obvious question when discussing human food to ask what the alien ate?

Another thing odd was her take on the government being so laid back about her encounter and her basically dissing the UFO organizations. That was kind of surprising. I would of thought the opposite.

Anyway, great find and thanks for sharing.

There was a TV made movie? Other than the one with James Earl Jones and Estelle Parsons? I didn't know that.

What I would like to hear/read (after watching this) is Betty's hypnosis session with Dr Simon (a few years after the encounter) to compare her words back then to this 1999 interview.

I'm not saying she's lying at all. But I think she's kind of embellishing a bit because she sounded absolutely panicky back then and yet more recently she makes it sound like it was a pleasurable experience.

I think things changed a lot. Again, not saying she's lying at all. Quite the contrary. I just think details may have changed (and perhaps added) in the past 40 years.

Here, take a listen (she comes on during the end of video)

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I find it odd how she says that "two groups of men walked up to their car", as if her and Barney were not scared or worried at that point. It strikes me as if these "men" or "humanoids" were not all that strange looking afterall. If these "men" had actually looked like aliens, there's no way the Hills would have calmly exited their car, as the way that Betty talks about that part leads me to believe.

Hmm...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Betty appears sincere throughout majority of the ten videos and her approach is quite pragmatic and level headed, but she did loose me a few times around video 5 & 6. Not that I thought she was lying about some of the encounters/sightings but more that she may have been misinterpreting what it was that she saw.

I found it interesting that she didn't believe in a hybrid program and likened it to cats mating with dogs. She also didn't put any stock in MIBs... another classic part of UFO folklore.

She certainly has her own opinions and I think that's largely due to the fact that she's stayed away from UFO groups throughout her life and has managed to keep her perspective untainted by the folklore and pressures that tend to be asserted within the UFO community. I think that is a great piece of advice for everyone if they wish to remain impartial and objective.

I really enjoyed the interview. I'll certainly be hanging onto it and burning it to DVD.

IRM

[edit on 18/8/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

You're right! It was Estelle Parsons. Sorry.

I listened to the video and she did seem terrified at the time of the hypnosis session when describing the needle in the navel (ouch!). Maybe she came to peace with her experience through the years, but she did seem very different in demeanor and understanding. Also, the video you supplied stated she had contacted a UFO organization. Didn't she say she only spoke to the government agencies in the '99 video?

Might be interesting to read her latest book to compare more details - but only if it's at the library.

edit for spelling

[edit on 18-8-2010 by itsallmaya]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

I found it interesting that she didn't believe in a hybrid program and likened it to cats mating with dogs. She also didn't put any stock in MIBs... another classic part of UFO folklore.

She would've only heard about hybrid programs via UFO groups.

She certainly has her own opinions and I think that's largely due to the fact that she's stayed away from UFO groups throughout her life and has managed to keep her perspective untainted by the folklore and pressures that tend to be asserted within the UFO community. [edit on 18/8/10 by InfaRedMan]

I'll say it as gingerly as I can because I REALLY REALLY like Betty but......that is a misnomer (or fib).
She was very much part of the UFO communities. That's how she found out about NICAP (National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena).

She may not have been a member of any particular UFO group but she frequented them often. In fact it was at a MUFON symposium in 2002 is where I met her.

I think she got a crash course in UFOs, learned the lingo (terms) and formed her own opinion but that's not like she had absolutely no affiliation with any UFO groups because she most certainly did.

A person born in 1919 would have little to no idea of 'telepathy' (which Barney admitted, he never heard of) or......'Mothership' or........'pods' etc.

She learned these terms through UFO books and UFO researchers/investigators over the years.

So I would think, some of her thoughts were very much influenced by others.

I still like her a LOT!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
A great job finding that. It has so far been very interesting and entertaining, even though I still know a lot about the case.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

She certainly has her own opinions and I think that's largely due to the fact that she's stayed away from UFO groups throughout her life and has managed to keep her perspective untainted by the folklore and pressures that tend to be asserted within the UFO community. I think that is a great piece of advice for everyone if they wish to remain impartial and objective.

I really enjoyed the interview. I'll certainly be hanging onto it and burning it to DVD.
I enjoyed it too, it really gave me a different perspective on her.

Part IV 3:25
Betty Hill: "As a social worker, I used Dr. Simon's formula: When people tell weird tales, it can be hallucinations, delusions, fantasies, or they're recalling something they've seen, heard, or read. And when you rule out all those, you may have the truth."

So she doesn't believe everyone, good for her!

7:50 Advice to abductees, "Stay away from UFO investigators, do not have hypnosis"...(then you'll begin to remember it, you don't need anybody to tell you)

She said she advised other people who saw UFOs to stay away from UFO investigators, but then she pointed out how close she had got with Allen Hynek and Stan Friedman so I guess she didn't follow her own advice. I guess the interviewer had to ask her all those questions about UFO community stuff but frankly I don't think I've ever seen much evidence about MIBs in the first place, so I'm not surprised she dismissed them.

I think she made the interviewer look pretty dumb when she said "Junior" looks like humans might look in 25,000 years according to anthropologists:
========================
Part IV:
Betty Hill:"Junior has been evaluated by I don't know how many physical antropologists, but what he looks like now, if we continue along the path of evolution, this is what we're going to look like in 25,000 years.

John Horrigan: "And would we be mammalian, reptilian, insectoid, or a combination of the three, because if you look at the way we're on our way with the nuclear...there was a nuclear exposure in Japan for instance, and radiation causes mutation,..."

Betty Hill: "no. We're going to be like we are now except (pause). I mean look at mankind has been around for what, 2.6 million years?

John Horrigan: Well it depends on who you talk to I guess, it's so subjective.
===================
Whoever said there's no such thing as a dumb question didn't hear that one. Even radiation exposure won't cause mammals to evolve into insectoids or reptilians in 25,000 years, and Betty seemed to know that with her answer (probably referring to Australopithecus afarensis aka "Lucy" who lived about 3mya, one of the first primate ancestors to walk upright.)

The only thing that really annoyed me about her interview was at near the end when he asked about crop circles and the guys who took credit for some of them, she didn't even seem to want to acknowledge that they had made any of the circles they claimed to have made, and sorry but I have never seen ANY circle which is too complicated for humans to make as she claims. When people say a circle is too complicated for humans, what they are really saying is, "I'm not smart enough to figure out how to do it", that doesn't mean nobody else is smart enough to do it.

But overall it was a very enjoyable interview to listen to. She really answered questions quickly and seemed quite lively for her age, so I was impressed with that! What a nice lady.

Regarding her experience, well, I'm still not sure what happened there. But it does make an interesting story. Anyway, thanks for sharing the videos!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This is quite interesting, I like that we can hear it from her mouth without any stupid semi-pop up scares or eerie music like in so many adduction documentaries.

Just watched more of this, found a discrepancy. She noted that the alien spacecraft material she has seen dissolved or "melted" in water. Later on she says that she's seen alien craft dive and emerge from water?

She does seem like an nice, personable lady with a good aproach to the phenomenon in a clear and intelligent way.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Tetrarch42]

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Hiya IRM. You'll love this....www.noufors.com...

It's the Hills story, The Interrupted Journey read by Whitley Strieber (don't let that put you off!) and includes the hypno sessions with them both.

It's great listening and the raw emotions in the voices of Barney and Betty are kinda scary in parts. Barney damn near has a heart attack in terror as he recalls these men staring at him. Betty's sincerity is palpable as she despairs that these guys won't leave her with any proof. Even her dialogue with the guy sounds wholly natural.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
Thanks I don't think I've seen this, but shouldn't it now be called the "found" interview? How a guy loses his own tape in his own attic is beyond me anyway, but in any case.....

Did you hear the part at about 5:25 when she said the creatures were "a form of human being", and not like the "grays" Horrigan is asking about? That caught me by surprise! All this time I thought they were supposed to be some kind of alien and not a form of human being.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Arbitrageur]

Regarding your 2nd paragraph: could this be because the Hills were influenced by a TV series, THE OUTER LIMIT, an episode titled "The Bellero Shield"? In case you are not aware, Betty was not an innocent bystander when it came to the subject of UFOs. Like Travis Walton, Betty was very knowledgeable and active in UFOlogy.

en.wikipedia.org...
[It has been suggested by Martin Kottmeyer that the appearance of the alien in this episode was responsible for the description of the alien beings reported by Betty and Barney Hill in their alleged alien abduction. The episode was broadcast around two weeks before the hypnosis session where Barney first described the alien beings from the encounter. (Kottmeyer, Martin. "Entirely Unpredisposed". www.debunker.com. www.debunker.com... Retrieved 2008-09-19.)]

THE OUTER LIMITS - THE BELLERO SHIELD
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ed68fa50cdf5.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
Regarding your 2nd paragraph: could this be because the Hills were influenced by a TV series, THE OUTER LIMIT, an episode titled "The Bellero Shield"?

Like everything else, it's an interesting theory, but hard to prove a direct causal connection. Even if you were somehow able to prove that the Hills saw that Outer Limits episode (and I don't think that was ever proven), then you would have to prove that seeing the episode somehow created the image in both their minds. I don't think anyone's able to do that. It would be handy if the sources for all our dreams or hallucinations were that easy to track down. So, after all, it just might be a coincidence. I think around that time Gidney and Cloyd were on the Rocky and Bullwinkle show, and The Great Gazoo was bugging Fred Flintstone. Were they also an influence? Impossible to say.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Did you hear the part at about 5:25 when she said the creatures were "a form of human being", and not like the "grays" Horrigan is asking about? That caught me by surprise! All this time I thought they were supposed to be some kind of alien and not a form of human being.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Arbitrageur]

I KNOW! I believe greys are out of the question then, is time for pleiadians to step in!

Its funny, as of lately, Ive been noticing how some of these alleged Alien abductions/contacts are pleiadians and not greys as once thought (Billy Meier comes to mind). Aren't Pleiadians supposed to be the good guys? and Aren't them the ones showing up on Oct. 13th? I'm starting to worry...

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Enter Ruin

I think of the cosmos like anything else - there are nice guys and not so nice guys and everything in between.

Mutual love and respect will pull in positive influences be it ET or family and friends...

the same can be said for the negs...and if you understand the deeper connection to satanic ritual and that kind of garb (and why they do it)...

Skip to 7:05 for what Alex Collier believes to be "ET Protocol" - this is what I also believe

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Great stuff in the link.
There is no way Barney is acting, he went from being calm to ballistic a couple times.
Betty about cried throughout half of it. A different attitude from the interview in the above videos.
Those were some polite aliens!

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

It's great isn't it?! I've read the Hill's story so many times and remained fairly...meh, maybe.

Listening to those hypnosis sessions has made it all the more realistic. Barney's terror is enough to make my skin crawl and his confusion trying to explain what's happening sounds totally genuine. Betty's account is immediately plausible and the range of emotions in her voice...tears through to laughter...has left an impression in my mind.

The incident has completely gone up in my estimation. Whatever really happened, it was a phenomenal experience and unlikely to be caused by watching the Outer Limits or reading about UFOs in the newspapers. Dead on fascinating.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Kandinsky my good man! This looks great! Will be downloading from work today!!! hehehe!

You rock Mr K!

IRM

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join