It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lost Betty Hill Interview *VIDEO*

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Interesting posts - I'd like to say to the ETs Betty and Barney were involved in could have been any of a number of ETs.

Greys are generally looked down upon in ET circles due to the nature of their personal agenda. Not all - but most that have been seen or heard of on this planet have been up to no good...

Now these could be a different civilization/type of Grey - they could be time travelers - dimensional entities - all the above and more...

I also believe that human groups do coexist and work with these ETs - I believe she said one looked like a Nazi - in an old interview I can't seem to locate ATM...

So these guys seem pretty nice - and perhaps they simply wanted to come look at the zoo and play with a couple of us monkeys! Who knows!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Thanks for posting, I will listen to all parts when I have time!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
Did you hear the part at about 5:25 when she said the creatures were "a form of human being", and not like the "grays" Horrigan is asking about? That caught me by surprise! All this time I thought they were supposed to be some kind of alien and not a form of human being.

This has happened a lot over the past decade or so, at least. It's a curious sociological effect. Aliens (or whatever) described by people have slowly morphed in their descriptions to the typical gray alien shape. Both the Hills and the Roswell aliens were never originally described as gray aliens, but rather as small humans, albeit with some unusual characteristics (such as "wrap-around" eyes).

Being more human in appearance certainly points toward these creatures as possibly being time travelers rather than far-away, extraterrestrial-type aliens.

Well....I think you're half correct.

I think Greys can be described as human-like (at least back then when the alien-vernacular was lacking). They have basically the same anatomical lay-out as Humans. Two legs, two arms, one head, two eyes, one mouth, two hands, two feet, one torso......etc.

And it may just be, we tend to describe different experiences relevant to our own personal comparison or....lack thereof.

Case in point. My experience took me into a dimension that I could not even begin to describe. There are simply no modern words (that I know of).

Perhaps when quantum psychics gets better understood, accepted and established, more words (like worm-hole etc) will be added to the dictionary and bandied about!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

The physical is only one attribute - what about there mental and emotional attributes? Spiritually, how are these beings focused?

I think today in 2010 we pretty much agree these Greys exist - but at what level do they view our planet and peoples - and how should we view them?

[edit on 17-8-2010 by watchZEITGEISTnow]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

She emphatically said that they did NOT resemble the iconic "gray"...

Certainly, differing species might exist. I happen to think that of ALL of the "abduction" stories, the Hills' is the real deal. It's interesting to note her points, though:

They seemed rather "new" at it, in a sense. She said they wanted to examine her and Barney, to see what was "different" from their bodies. They marveled at Barney's dentures, were puzzled.

This is rather conflicting, compared to the general "UFO community" depiction of the grays' behavior, and attitudes.

I think the advice she took to heart, to STAY AWAY from the larger "UFO community" was very wise. Kept her rememberances pure, and unsullied by others' (sometimes) wild assertions --- because there seems to be so much confilcting information, at least SOME of it must stem from some people's imaginations (OK...or dis-info possibly, from the "big bad gov't"...but even THEY were genuinely curious of the Hills' stories, so...???)

Would have loved to hear more of her, and NOT with the guy off-camera asking (sometimes) very leading questions!

Anyway, for once WZN, you get a well-deserved Flag, and a Five-pointer.....

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow

The physical is only one attribute - what about there mental and emotional attributes? Spiritually, how are these beings focused?

I think today in 2010 we pretty much agree these Greys exist - but at what level do they view our planet and peoples - and how should we view them?

[edit on 17-8-2010 by watchZEITGEISTnow]

Interesting Zeitgeist (great movie by the by).

I just don't know.

But I do think I feel Greys are robots (although I'm open to different theories).
I feel many different space-races use them to do their grunt work, gather information and report back. They're the ones flying those smaller probes. They're sorta-like a galactic gophers if you will.
Again, this is just my opinion. I know nothing conclusively.

I just have a feeling Greys lack a spirit/soul even though we've kindly been referring to them as Beings. I think they're more like an It. Not necessarily alive. More like, powered up.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Thank you

I look at Greys as we say look at Asian cultures. There are some Japanese Greys, Chinese Greys, North Korean Greys, Malay Greys and so on...

then you could have interbreeding eg 1/2 Grey 1/2 human and so on - it really is infinite possibilities when you look at it this way.

Again, these ETs may have just been a few lads out interstellar cruising - looking for chicks (lol - I don't know) or just to play with us monkeys for a bit to see what we were/are about.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I can't help but think she's honest but very naive. Sorta like my great grandmother was when TV first came out.
She thought the people on TV were going to come out of her set and into her livingroom.
I kid you not, she actually made a huge dinner the night my great grandfather brought home their first television set.
How.......1940-ish!

So...........it is what it is and we have to consider the generation in which she grew up in too.

She's a great person. I met her. Although she did come off like a bit of a celebrity (which she WAS) she was still very down to Earth. She is missed. So many UFOers are dying off. It's a great loss.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

and your reply is exactly how I view it : open to possibilities, and all you have mentioned I agree with.

Perhaps the Greys are the 'fall-guys' for ...well...other groups that remain hidden.

Perhaps they themselves make up these stories to get our fear going?

So many possibilities - and with a lot of information on these guys, I'd say only about 20% is positive as a ballpark. I mean there are also the Nordics that are 'the beautiful people' in general...and these guys have a 80% positive rate - but that doesn't mean because they look like your * insert famous good looking media generated personality here * they can't be as regressive as a 22 foot lizard if you get my drift?

I guess we'll have to 'wing it' when we do have open contact - and go with our hearts and not minds! Very important point that. What do you 'feel' when in the presence of any ET? It sure is gonna be an interesting ride, that's for sure!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

I still have to watch the rest...Part IV gets to some VERY good points.

(Those who may not have seen yet, end of III, and into IV, very precise description of the 'aliens' faces, and they do NOT resemble the iconic "grey" -- at least, in the eyes. Thought: The "greys" have often been mentioned as possibly not 'natural'. As in manufactured? Could --- big 'could' --- account for the 'black' eyes reported?? Like, instead of re-creating an exact match for, say OUR eyes if we build robots, we'd use some other materials? Just thinkin'....)

Not sure the ones encountered by the Hills were 'greys'....I can certainly comprehend the possiblity of the species being very, very biologically similar to us...almost as if another branch of our evolutionary tree, or just (as she posits) what our species would continue to evalve towards, given a long enough time....

But, in Part IV, the best most cogent thing she says, and it applies today (we see it so often on ATS!) occurs at about the 3:15 and onward.

Smart, smart lady! And, like I've said, she seems to be the real deal...it's a shame she's gone.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Yes she was a sweetie.

Now bare with me - but I really want your opinion on the Dolores Cannon interview I posted - I know, I know - Kerry Cassidy can make a modern man cringe, and cry with her technique (which I actually don't mind) - but if you can get over that and listen entirely to what Dolores talks about - I think you'll really appreciate her too...

let me know OK!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I think we're all agreeing, we simply don't and CAN'T know what's going on.

Again, I do not mean to disrespect Betty but she is old-schooled. I think she thought one way and .....that was it for her.

I don't think she ever allows these 'car-sized' crafts to be anyone else but alien.
I think even the most skeptical person allows the possibility that (at least...SOME of them) may be government owned and flown.

I think as we evolve as Humans, every generation gets a little more wiser and a bit more humbled by saying: We simply don't know.

I am not saying Betty was misleading us but let's not forget she was born in 1919 so she might've been less willing to yield on what she felt she originally saw.

Does anyone know when the term "Grey' actually came out and how it came to be and....by whom? Who coined that term?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow

Yes she was a sweetie.

Now bare with me - but I really want your opinion on the Dolores Cannon interview I posted - I know, I know - Kerry Cassidy can make a modern man cringe, and cry with her technique (which I actually don't mind) - but if you can get over that and listen entirely to what Dolores talks about - I think you'll really appreciate her too...

let me know OK!

I totally dig Dolores Cannon. I don't feel she's out to dupe us or out to sell any books/dvd's. She seems very sincere (even though you weren't pointing this out for me
)

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Lost? Anyway.....this doesn't change anything, really. It doesn't shed light on the myriad facts that really makes somebody put this case into the trash bin.

You can be as predictable like the sun rise and as positive like a slap in the face.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Nice find watchZEITGEISTnow. I just finished watching all ten parts and Im quite enamored even more so now with Miss Hill. I read a book years ago about their abduction and was hooked

There was one little thing I have an issue with though. During one point in the interview she states that any pieces she recovered from UFO wreckage had a strange property. It dissolved or melted in water. Later she goes on to affirm her belief in USO's and claims to have seen them? OTher than that, it was a facinating interview. SnF for sure!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
Nice find watchZEITGEISTnow. I just finished watching all ten parts and Im quite enamored even more so now with Miss Hill. I read a book years ago about their abduction and was hooked

There was one little thing I have an issue with though. During one point in the interview she states that any pieces she recovered from UFO wreckage had a strange property. It dissolved or melted in water. Later she goes on to affirm her belief in USO's and claims to have seen them? OTher than that, it was a facinating interview. SnF for sure!

I too found the 'water dissolving UFOs" a little strange too (they don't bother flying in acclimate weather? Wasn't it wickedly pouring July 6th 1947 out in Roswell that night?)

Anyway, why did you point out the fact that she claims to have seen them?
You don't think she did?
Just curious.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Nice video, and tremendous find.

Was Barney Black and Betty White?
It is interesting how the first abduction was of a black and white married couple.
It is interesting that they were American.
It is interesting that the abduction was in 1961
Martin Luther King Jr delivered I Have a Dream speech in 1963.

It is interesting the aliens did primitive tests on them, when they could have just ask to do a saliva swab and get all the information they could ever want about them.

interesting stuff,
and amazingly very primitive aliens back in 61

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysteryskeptic

Nice video, and tremendous find.

Was Barney Black and Betty White?
It is interesting how the first abduction was of a black and white married couple.
It is interesting that they were American.
It is interesting that the abduction was in 1961
Martin Luther King Jr delivered I Have a Dream speech in 1963.

It is interesting the aliens did primitive tests on them, when they could have just ask to do a saliva swab and get all the information they could ever want about them.

interesting stuff,
and amazingly very primitive aliens back in 61

Can't tell but are you being facetious?
Yeah, Barney was a black man. That was even more reason not to have attention drawn on them which only adds to their credibility. They had everything to lose and nothing to gain back then!

Primitive? What does that mean?

I think if anything, Betty's interpretation (being born in 1919) was primitive and simple-minded.

I think she might've felt very liberated after telling her story and she kinda got cocky (too sure of herself) and concluded things based on her nativity.

I go on record by saying....I know nothing for certain. Nothing. Not a damn thing but it's my humble opinion, off-world Beings probably don't speak English (like she claims) unless there's a Universal university teaching it.
But then again, what do I know?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Your going to have to forgive me when I say, I regularly do not read many of the previous posts, but for a reason.

All of us "UFOlogists", and for the normal people, "Researchers" lol, Betty and Barny's story is UFO 101.

I watched until part 8, it started to go off topic. I find Betty to be outspoken, Likable, Honest, and gracious. But when it comes to the story itself, I have doubts.

First I must say I find Betty to be honest and as noted in some of her interview she admitted when she did not know the answer. She did not interject speculation, and as the interview brought out, it was someone else who decided where these "Visitors" came from, not Betty. The "star chart" could be many different combination's of stars and it all depends on who actually stated the "Where" and any motivation they may have had. Betty stated they did not tell her where they were from and only showed here a star field.

I have very little doubt Betty is telling the truth, as she see's it, but on the other hand, how can we judge the truthfulness of entities who hide themselves from us? I have heard and read hundreds of abduction scenarios and very few are what might be termed "Normal". For the most part all of them are quite unique and the Aliens stating they are from other places. who are we to believe? All, none, or is there something else going on?

The way I see it is this, we were created and the force that created us can create others who might look similar to us or completely different. they could create complete societies and teach them only what they wanted them to know, give them a story, and send them on their way to meet Betty and Barny and tell them a bunch of bull excrement. Do this around the globe with different aliens and different story's and before you know it there is mass confusion, unbelievability, and nobody the wiser, and everyone who says its real is crazy.

Why would a highly advanced race, species want us ignorant of their presents? Who wins, who looses? What is their covert agenda? It seems Mankind is divided on the answers....

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

Maybe it's more like.......after the abduction itself, we're left on our own accord to make sense of it and spin it into a recognizable scenario so we can personally relate to it?

Maybe they have some sort of 'reality blocker'or.....'reality bender' (for lack of a better term) that they overcome us with.

I often wonder if we humans actually see colors all the same way. Whose to say my 'green' is the same as your 'green' ? It's all relative.

So maybe they do whatever they do, for whatever reasons they do it then......let us run with it.

In my encounter I experienced 5 or 6 small Beings/Things.
They're etched in my mind but I would never ever be able to draw them because my mind seems to cancel out my memory so....I just liken them to Greys.

Maybe in our inability to process the whole experience we just modify it to fit our limited understanding.

Other abductees will know what I'm talking about.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Human_Alien]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join