It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbelievable, statin drugs targeted on kids

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by alpha68

I asked you to quote any place where I supported a drug company. The phrase you picked from my post was relating to the hypothetical marketing strategy a company could use. It does not, in any way, condone the actions of the industry.

Your constant lack of reading comprehension and need to take myself and others out of context, as well as your tendency to post off-topic in large, capitalized letters, is the reason I've stopped responding to you in general. Whenever I or someone else addresses a point in your posts, you respond with a completely different topic, or gibberish.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

Ohh...you of all people should talk about thread derailing, and quit nit-picking me already regarding how I post & express myself, your gonna give me a complex.

"YOU WORK IN THE MEDICAL PROFESSION ? YOU SUPPORT "BIG PHARMA" ALL DAY LONG, ITS YOUR JOB. DUHH?"

I made those caps count huh ?

The fact that you don't respond to me has nothing to do with anything other than the fact that you most likley feel that you would be better served not to.
This crap about drugs & clogged pipes is nothing but a joke already, take the damn drugs (OR PUSH THEM, DEPENDS ON THE COLOR OF THE COAT YOUR WEARING.) or what actually works and won't kill you or the person your handing it to. What was this thread about again ?

www.medicalnewstoday.com...

www.vitamincfoundation.org...

www.consumerhealth.org...

www.oralchelation.net...

Need anymore ?

[edit on 18-8-2010 by alpha68]

[edit on 18-8-2010 by alpha68]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by alpha68

So, you're not going to post any quotes where I supposed a drug company?

You know misinformation is against the T&Cs here, right?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Lol, the link to the doctors interview in op requires you to register to be able to view it. In a proper browser however you can hit stop and it truly stops any action on that site - not just downloading. By hitting stop at the right moment you stop the login-checking script from running, and are able to open the page

Just saying this if someone want to watch it and is not willing to register.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Here is an interesting article suggesting that fast food restaurants may some day give out statins with every order, so as to neutralize the risk of heart disease that their food may cause.

www.sciencedaily.com...

Here are a couple of excerpts from the article:

"It's ironic that people are free to take as many unhealthy condiments in fast food outlets as they like, but statins, which are beneficial to heart health, have to be prescribed," Dr Francis said.

Statins have among the best safety profiles of any medication. A very small proportion of regular statin users experience significant side effects, with problems in the liver and kidneys reported in between 1 in 1,000 and 1 in 10,000 people.

"It makes sense to make risk-reducing supplements available just as easily as the unhealthy condiments that are provided free of charge. It would cost less than 5p per customer -- not much different to a sachet of ketchup.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Misinformation ? You lost me. Posting what misinformation ?

Are you calling one of the greatest american scientist of all time, Dr. Linus Pauling as well as a fellow medical professional "Dr. Hilary Roberts" a lier ?
www.medicalnewstoday.com...

And quit putting words in my mouth, I never once said that you >"SUPPOSED"< anything, let alone drug companies.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by alpha68

The misinformation I was referring to was your claim that I supported a drug company, despite the fact that I haven't done anything of the sort in this thread.

And I apologize for my typo. The word "supposed" was meant to be "supported". I guess that's what happens when you're typing in more than one document at once. You'll get over it, especially once you stop dodging my point.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

You need to lighten up, I was just yanking your chain. Muti-tasking is what I'm continually doing while I'm on here. I got crucified and judged to be total fraud from the word go because of my grades on here. HELLO ?
Like I have room to talk about type o's and what not in someone else's post's.
I even said over on the Mullis thread that "MARBURG VIRUS" made it's very first appearence in 1976, when it was Ebola that actually did.
My old virology professor would cave the side of my head in if he ever were to see that.

The thing is that there is no reason to hand out "McStatin" drugs to children or anyone else for that matter, don't you think vitamin C combined with the amino acids. make's way more sense ?

Dr. Linus Pauling was just another beyond great scientist who got craped on by a bunch of total hacks and deemed a quack while he was alive.

As far as the saftey level of statin drugs ? The yin & the yang of it all, why bother when there are other and far better ways of dealing with it.

www.healthiertalk.com...

www.usatoday.com...

www.townsendletter.com...

Really Good CO-Q10 is far from cheap, know that.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by alpha68

The thing is that there is no reason to hand out "McStatin" drugs to children or anyone else for that matter, don't you think vitamin C combined with the amino acids. make's way more sense ?

No, I don't think an unproven regimen makes "more sense". Though, I also don't think they need to hand statins out like candy. That doesn't mean I think a bunk treatment would be better.

Dr. Linus Pauling was just another beyond great scientist who got craped on by a bunch of total hacks and deemed a quack while he was alive.

Yes, he was so shunned that he continued to win international awards and recognition until his death.

Why do you have to act like he was somr sort of martyr or pariah? No one ever ostracized him.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I never said that "Dr. Pauling got Duesberged !" lol

The fact of the matter is that the people who were & are being prescribed the majority of these ignorant medication's are !

Do you know why all thats out there to treat medical conditions such as cancer & heart disease (I'LL BE NICE) for example, are drugs ?

I guess you don't read my links, because to say "unproven bunk" is right on par with why I myself along with many others no-longer assoiate ourselves with the medical science profession as a whole.

"It's Gerry rigged to "HigH HeaveN, has been for decades. They are now proving that Dr. Pauling was in-fact correct, still chances are that when its all said & done most people still won't know about it due to the fact that their drug pushing M.D.s will never tell them, just as they are not telling them now.

Some people can be smashed over the head with certain things and still manage to pretend it ain't solid, as far as being able to add 2 + 2 goes, well...you do the math.

"If a scientist tries something original, he will have trouble getting grants and getting papers published," says Pauling philosophically. "Most say I have been right so often in the past, I am probably right about vitamin C, too. I don't have any trouble with them. It's the physicians who don't have open minds. There is a real bias on the part of the medical establishment about megavitamins."--->

Linus Pauling, Ph.d
(February 28, 1901 – August 19, 1994)

[edit on 21-8-2010 by alpha68]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by alpha68

All this talking and no studies to back it up...typical.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

If you actually even gave a trot, you would have already done, done that yourself.

I'm sure Dr. Hilary Roberts could point ya in the right direction though, here's her Email:address, drop her a line !

[email protected]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Vitamin C is such an awesome vitamin. So cheap, so effective. If I find myself in a mess of infection coming up, I'll jack up my Vitamin C and push on through it. And the thing I know pretty well is that I didn't damage my system with drugs this way. I could mess up and take an entire bottle in a day and live to see the next day. How many drugs can you do this with? Might get the short term squirts, but I'll be ok.

One of the biggest factors that makes the health care system as bad as it is, is the infiltration of Big Pharma and their greed into the system. And of course the focus on unnecessary surgery, where you could have healed the problem through better means. A lot of it comes down to the generation of money with overpriced drugs and high cost surgery.

Let's take heart disease; it should not give the doctors a free ticket to open heart surgery. There are things that can be done in many cases that might just reverse the disease. It won't put a ton of money in Big Pharma's pocket, and perhaps not in the doctors pocket, but you can rest assured that it is the right thing to do, if natural therapy is the best option.

I understand I may not get all the stars and flags of other people with my post, but understand this is one of the really important posts. This is the kind of conspiracy that deserves attention. I know some people still have the blinders on when it comes to health care. After all, the field is full of highly educated, and high paid professionals. They are the ones that should know how to take care of our health, right? Sadly, many well intentioned people are being led down a path of lies. Educated in surgery and drugs, but educated very little in what truly makes the body healthy.

Luckily, we do have people who aren't afraid to spread the truth, like some doctors, like Mercola, Gary Null, and others. I'm not affiliated with these guys, but these are doctors that I look up to. These are the kinds of doctors that I could send my family member to, and feel pretty good about, because they seem like they would use the knowledge they have and come up with a good solution, without the emphasis on unnecessary drugs and procedures.

This drug battle is a fight we cannot afford to lose. I myself will continue to speak out. Truth is what will take down the deep pocketed evil machine that is Big Pharma. All the money in the world cannot hide the damage that they have done to the people of the world. The truth will be known, and we are going to win this battle.

We talk about things like wars on terrorism, and other things that have us distracted, all the while, the evil drug machine rolls in, right in front of some people, and they don't see it for what it is. Isn't the drug system sort of a "terrorism" in itself? Maybe not in the strict sense of the word, but close enough. Fear, fear, fear, you better take this pill, or you'll die, you'll have a heart attack if you don't, your weenie is too soft, oh my god, I might be depressed, blah, blah, blah. The real threat to us, many times comes to us with a smile.

Troy

[edit on 26-8-2010 by cybertroy]

[edit on 26-8-2010 by cybertroy]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I know it might seem we've strayed from the track of the thread, but it is all inter-related. Many, many drugs are being needlessly pushed onto people for profit, and I can't help but wonder if this all isn't an attempt to control our population, control us, destroy us, or all of the above?

If you are talking about statins, you might as well talk about the other drugs, because many of them aren't any better, and quite destructive in their own right.

It's a shame that well meaning doctors get messed up in the drug companies push to sell drugs. I used to be more liable to bash doctors, but I know some of those guys really want to help, they have simply been brainwashed, sometimes from the start of their careers to give "miracle drugs" to their patients. This article and video illustrates this. Very illuminating on this profit machine that doesn't seem to care very much about health.

articles.mercola.com...

It's unbelievable the extent which the drug reps will go to get their drugs into doctors hands.

I wish so much for a health care system that cares about you, first and foremost. You walk in, and you get the best solution for your problem, and the doctors work closely with knowledgeable nutrition experts. You know, where Vitamin C therapy, and other nutritional therapies is accepted and embraced. Drugs, when needed, aren't overpriced, and are not pushed as a long term solution, unless absolutely needed. What's best for your body is always stressed. Surgery is used when needed, and not pushed, when there is a better, non-surgical solution. The price is always fair, and not overpriced. Doctors are paid well, as always, for their services. Worthless vampires who suck money out of the system no longer exist. Making a hospital or doctors office, a place where you truly go to get better and healthier. Also ad that you are not obligated to see a doctor to take care of your health. Note that the cost of care should go down because the vampires are gone, making health care truly affordable, without the need for insurance. Payment plans exist in such a case where procedures can't avoid getting pricey. This might sound idealistic, but it's the way it should be. So much unnecessary money exchanges hands in the health care system, many times at the expense of our health, and our wallet.

Troy

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Statins lower Q10 levels, that has been understood for a while, adding Q10 supplements usually helps with this.

Along comes this article, now that so many people have been put on Statins. www.sciencedaily.com...

Why wasn't this investigated before the medical industry started pushing Statins?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join