It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVACUATE NOW!: This is Not a Drill

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I’m sure this story is not being that exaggerated, Front Line did a story about this in the early 1990’s about how contaminated the forests were in Russia and the Ukraine. stating if a forest fire ever happened on a large scale, it could affect all of Europe and the northern hemisphere. This is just scary, because now it’s happening.

This reminds me of Los Alamos, The BLM decided to burn some underbrush on a windy day. Then everything went up in flames for a week. A reporter was fired for pointing out contaminated areas in the forest(s) around Los Alamos. The reporter stated that some contaminated areas did burn in that fire. That never made the MSM. I wonder if anything fell on me? Some people I know lived near the lab were given radiation cards to wear around their necks. What really freaked me out is that a some of these cards detected low amount of radiation. They weren’t anywhere close to the lab, well about 25 miles away, and it was after the fire was out.
Thank goodness I don’t live in that town.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Russia halves fires areas as weather chills

Russia on Tuesday claimed to have reduced by half the area ablaze from its worst ever wildfires and averted any threat to a nuclear facility as a record heatwave finally relented.

Officials said the danger from a fire raging in a nature reserve close to Russia's biggest nuclear research centre had ebbed and troops who had been brought in to fight the blaze would be withdrawn.

And anyway, the winds are blown any potential fallout over Siberia - radiation will hit Alaska long before it reaches Europe!

(And yes, if the Russians were lying we would know - we have these things called satellites .... )

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Originally posted by skeptic_al
reply to post by gem_man

Just Tape all the Windows Up, Duck and Cover. Worked a treat in the
50's

hahahahaha - and your school desk was going to protect you from the blast from a 250 MT bomb as well, right?

Not only that, but...

Your walking down the street the air raid siren goes, the Ads showed
people just ducking and covering on the side walk. Either that or they
kissing their um? goodbye.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
Interesting that Chernobyl means wormwood and you have a project wormwood and also wormwood is used in the bible if my search powers are good.

"Rev 8:10-11 "And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters; And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter."

hubpages.com...

Interesting that the water became bitter and men died of it.

I'm generally not one for quoting any religious texts but as of lately it sure seems much of the world and our many beliefs have a synchronicity.

Are you generally not one to do your own research? Chernobyl does Not mean wormwood
It means blackstalk or blackgrass

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ctankep

Sorry I didnt use proper wording.

Name origin

The city is named after the Ukrainian word for mugwort or wormwood (Artemisia vulgaris), which is "chornobyl". The word is a combination of the words chornyi (чорний, black) and byllia (билля, grass blades or stalks), hence it literally means black grass or black stalks. That may signify burnt grass, perhaps prior to cultivation.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

COOL. Another Queensryche fan! Love it!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join