It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me this doesn't both frighten you and excite you at the same time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
This witness account during the Belgium triangle UFO sightings in the late 80's is shared in Leslie Kean's brilliant new book.

Occasionally, a craft appeared to respond to the presence or actions of observers, as described earlier when Col. Amond stepped out of his car and the object immediately approached. On July 26, 1990, at 10:35 p.m., Mr. and Mrs. Marcel H. were also in their car, passing through Grâce-Hollogne and driving towards Seraing, when they looked out and saw an immobile object in the sky. It had the shape of an equilateral triangle that they estimated to be about twelve meters on each side. The object was dark, but a white-light belt, like a large neon tube, ran along two sides. The witnesses could see three spotlights beaming down toward the ground; they seemed to be detached from the object but connected to each other by a sort of support “bracket.” Also visible were two flashing lights, one red and one green, on the underside of the craft. The base—the side with two white spotlights—was facing toward them. Surprised, Mr. H. said to his wife: “For the fun of it, I am going to flash my lights.” Mr. H. flashed his car lights twice—off and on, off and on. At this same moment, the two white lights at the base of the triangle rotated, tilted toward the two passengers below, and flashed off and on three times. The illumination was bright, but not blinding. Then, keeping the lights pointed at the moving car, the object proceeded toward the vehicle and, moving with the base forward, positioned itself to the right at a distance of approximately 100 meters and a height between 60 and 100 meters. (It is interesting that Col. Amond also reported a distance of 100 meters after the object approached.) It then made a banking turn and, still moving with its base forward, flew in the same direction as the car, following it as it continued its downhill course toward Seraing. Although the hill was rather steep, the UFO moved with the terrain and maintained a constant height above the sloping ground, flying at the same speed that the car was driving (60–70 km/hr). By the time they approached the bridge at Seraing, Mr. and Mrs. H. were quite frightened. Finally, the object crossed the river Meuse right next to them without making any noise, and then started to climb, rapidly departing in the direction of Grâce-Hollogne.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/17/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shino
Also visible were two flashing lights, one red and one green, on the underside of the craft.

Standard aviation lights ?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Shino

The Major General in charge at the time of the UFO flap in Belgium, is on record as being without explanation for the activities of the phenomena. You can read his statement on the matter...

Belgium had no official focal point for reporting UFO observations. Nevertheless, in my function of Chief Operations, I was confronted with numerous questions about the origin and nature of these craft. In the first instance, and in consultation with other NATO partners, I could confirm that no flights of stealth aircraft or any other experimental aircraft took place in the airspace of Belgium. In addition, the Civil Aviation Authorities confirmed that no flight plans had been introduced. This implied that the reported object(s) committed an infraction against the existing aviation rules.
Major General de Brouwer (Press Club 2007)

It's worth reading the whole statement. He's very clear that the events remain inconclusive. It's interesting stuff!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
its this one

www.deepspace4.com...

whats amazing in ALL triangle-UFO cases is that they all have flashing green and red lights just as a standard military aircraft

here's an US F-16 - you can see red position light very clear

www.richard-seaman.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
and just to add more to the subject here are various pic and vids if triangle UFOs

media.photobucket.com...

robocat.users.btopenworld.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

and famous UFO poster never proven fake

api.ning.com...*UUu-wafLnTAr*BhAC37cfP37TcuRUVr-f0QoKqdWGpwH8j3C/COULDTHISBETHEUSAFTR3B.jpg

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbianhawk

robocat.users.btopenworld.com...

You know that this is just a pic of a barn flipped upside down?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by chunder

Originally posted by Shino
Also visible were two flashing lights, one red and one green, on the underside of the craft.

Standard aviation lights ?

Descriptions of their illumination capability, as well as how high the object was, readily dismiss the idea of these being standard aviation lights. In some reported cases, people in their cars were able to read their newspaper (this is at night) because of how bright these lights were in the fields. It lit up the entire field. The lights were scanning the ground whilst the object was at times 100m above ground and another at a 1,000 feet.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Shino

I'm fairly familiar with the BT's generally and Belgium specifically and to date am not aware of any reasonable explanation.

However, and hence the original question mark, why standard aviation lights reported on this occasion ?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Shino

" In some reported cases, people in their cars were able to read their newspaper (this is at night) because of how bright these lights were in the fields. "

That right there's funny , I don't care who you are !

Who would be reading their newspaper while an alien craft was overhead ?

new topics

top topics

join