It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Doesn’t Anyone Good or Honest Lead Us?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
greed and power is the driving force behind politics. although these people who have the desire to represent the people honestly, quickly finds themselves having to take the sides of the machine and its private membership. and before you know it they're corrupt and working against the thing they promised to protect.

oh they talk a good show, but the power of the darkside is just too overwhelming for them to not get caught up in the disease called politics.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Damn, anyone have some valium? I hate it when people are right, we are all going to suffer for a very long time, if you were the OP I would S & F you

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

Simple because most all candidates are Lawyers, and most are already professional politicians. They are aligned with one political party or the other, and always owes political favours to this or that special interest group, or worker's union. What we need are common people, people of the Workers Class, and no lawyers in public office, a complete re-instatement of the original 13th Amendment. But! Do not forget! Even if the president and vice president are of our choosing, the Congress and Senate must also be taken down, for they all are lawyers, and very rich lawyers too. And they all own political favours.

For myself, I am voting the ones supported by the Tea Party.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Here ya go..... he's all of the above....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Because they will get killed.
period
The common man will not gather to self govern.
They elect or appoint and expect those elected and appointed to read their minds and wills and magically produce a world that's one size fits all perfect for everyone and there is no such thing.

Now those with cash-wealth-power-connections, (the few) will align and partner to actually steer and design and profit.

Try getting in front of that?
Bang your dead.
And it's only going to get worse before it gets better.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Undoubtedly, this is mentioned before I can get this in, but repetition won't hurt.

The simple answer to your question is the quest for power.

Usually displayed in terms of wealth and/or control over others.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Because no one should be electing a leader like a king, but instead it should be us, we're the ones we've been waiting for, and we should all be taking turns in local commities and counsels with larger ones, by jury duty, with really great educations, free of lies. There is no other way, and anything else gets a pyramid system.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by theregonnakillme
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Damn, anyone have some valium? I hate it when people are right, we are all going to suffer for a very long time, if you were the OP I would S & F you

Thanks for your compliments and kind thoughts.

No, I do not hold the truth alone, am only part of the global awakeness and global movement that you and I belong to, sharing and discussing insights.

We, the masses, ourselves are the last hope for humanity with the use of our free will, for the puppets and masters that rule and sought to subjugate us with all means, to listen.....

[edit on 16-8-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984

Because there are many people who will do just about anything for a buck. They truly believe that they will have no one to answer to for participating in evil. They believe the concept of justice, right and wrong is created by humans therefore it only exists in the here and now so they can lie, cheat, murder and steal all they want and not be held accountable as long as they don’t get caught.

In reality this is not the case. Not only will they have to suffer for their evil deeds beyond the grave at the final resurrection but also many will suffer horribly in all sorts of ways, physically, emotionally and psychologically before being relieved by the grave.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
The perfect system is one written by geniuses that can be operated by idiots, to paraphrase one Chinese general.

The current system has broken down for a number of reasons. Close to the top on the list are finance and media. This is to be expected, in a sense: these areas of human endovor have developed far faster than the ability of the system to understand and integrate them.

I don't know how to resolve the problem (there is usually more than one way), but I do know this -- the type of people will float to the top who are rewarded by the system (any system...whether in a company, a nation, whatever). The current system rewards psychopathy and surface glibness over deep reasonong. Until and unless this changes, the system will pump out psychopathic leaders.

The key to fixing it is to fix the system. Then the incentives will be in place for "good people" to rise. "Good people" is a pretty flimsy, subjective term but I offer my own simple part of the puzzle -- they would be people willing to sacrifice themselves in some way, and they would be people who looked to the longer-term rather than the shorter term.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984

why do the majority choose to follow the bad and dishonest?

God gave God's all to become God. after that, god is done.

aliens? they are too busy looking for god. (or they would have either saved us, or put us out of our misery by now ... or ...?)

we are on our own.

the universe is a big vacuum.
it sucks, i know.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
*sigh*
lead and lead
are lead as in get out front and charge,
and lead as in bullet
actually spelt the same?
or did my spellchecker just pop a gasket?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I believe I am a good honest individual, yet if I went into politics with some idealistic ideas, the right wing media would hammer me and defame my character so no one would ever vote for me. However if I had been to Eaton and then on to Oxbridge I would be lauded as the next potential leader

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
To answer the question asked in the thread title... Because America and most wealthy countries have been taken over by corrupt interests and psychopaths who are puppets of the big banks.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Reason? There truly is an ----Alien Race ------- among us. They pit us against each other. Even when these hybrids are exposed we still refuse to believe. They work together to destroy and enslave us. Us like children follow them blindly. The sad part is that they control all positions of power; police, military, government, finance and of course entertainment. If our eyes could actually see them as lizards, then this would change everything. We would band together, strip them of their power, and create a world where parents could raise a family without fear.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Because people are people. Most people who criticise our leaders would act in more or less the same way were they in power themselves; it all just comes down to how well you can justify it to yourself.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
However if I had been to Eaton and then on to Oxbridge I would be lauded as the next potential leader

People who attend the best schools in the country are more likely to gain an outstanding education and make good contacts, both of which are a requirement if you are to do well in politics.

On the flip side of the coin, if you attend Eton and Oxbridge you're more likely to be criticised for it by people such as Gordon Brown.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join