It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch MP - Geert Wilders to speak alongside Gingrich against NYC Mosque

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
“Nobody Will Stop Me”

Geert Wilders has given the Dutch political elites heartburn by (among many other things) making plans to visit Ground Zero on 9-11 and speak out against the Cordoba Initiative mosque. Our Flemish correspondent VH has compiled a series of translations of the latest news from the Dutch-language media. He includes this introductory note:

Geert Wilders’ upcoming trip to New York, which has already made the Dutch “68 elite” very nervous. Strangely enough, they don’t fear the response to having co-financed the organization that is behind the mosque plans.

Wilders and Gingrich in Manhattan on 9/11 to Oppose Ground Zero Mosque

The ninth anniversary of 9/11 will witness two eagles, Geert Wilders and Newt Gingrich appearing at a ground zero event in opposition to Mega mosque project, the Cordoba House initiative that received NYC Landmarks Commission approval this week.

That should catch the attention of the mainstream media, given Wilders rise to prominence in the new minority ruling coalition in the Netherlands. Then there is speculation about Gingrich making a possible 2012 run for the GOP Presidential nomination. It is not lost on many that Gingrich has come out in favor of national anti-Sharia legislation. That is certainly in synch with Wilders' new International Freedom Alliance.

The Far-Right Dutch Member of Parliament and leader of the Party for Freedom, Geert Wilders, is planning a trip to New York City on the 9th anniversary of September 11 to speak alongside Newt Gingrich against the building of the controversial 'Ground Zero Mosque'.

[edit on 8/16/2010 by Misoir]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I don't think this is any of his business what happens in America, he needs to stay in the Netherlands where he belongs. This guy is so far-right even Glenn Beck calls him a Fascist! We don't want him here, we have more than enough Islamophobics in America we don't need to import any more!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
And just who is 'WE' your talking about? I think Mr. Wilders is correct in his endeavors. You don't speak for me or the majority of Americans on his incite of Islamic ideals and what they intend for this worlds conquest for Islam!

Zindo

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
is this the same right wing mp who was banned fron the uk?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by gambon
is this the same right wing mp who was banned fron the uk?

Yes, the very same.

Now he wants to come and incite more religious intolerance in America. If he wants to talk that crap stay in his own country and mind his own damn business!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Oh great. Another thread relating to the NYC mosque.

I wonder how this one is going to end up ?

Seriously though, I think it's best to ignore people like Wilders, and yes, Gambon, he was prevented from entering the UK due to his extreme anti-Islam platform.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
That fool even tried to make people who wear burka's pay €1000,- a year!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
You don't speak for me or the majority of Americans on his incite of Islamic ideals and what they intend for this worlds conquest for Islam!

Maybe you are more correct than you meant to be? Something seemed off about that but could not quite place it.

Well, let me add my voice as yet another American. We have more than enough people here to say stupid hateful things. We do not need to import any.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Lessinterested]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Wilders used to be alright when he talked about hateful verses in the Qu'ran because that's freedom of speech and most people can agree with him on that.

But over the past year or 2 he's changed his tune to banning the Qu'ran, banning Burkas, and now presumably mosques as well. He's become a complete hypocrite.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by john124]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Hi,

I'm living in the Netherlands so I know some of the motives of Mr. Geert Wilders. And although I'm not a supporter of his approach (or party) against islamic (or any other group of people who wants to kill for their beliefs) fundamentalism, I want to make one thing clear. He (Geert Wilders) isn't against any kind of relegion per se, but he does take a very aggressive stand against fundamentalist who don't want to live in harmony but want to force their belief systems upon society...

Unfortunately his aggressive stands and over the top approach (he wanted a tax for woman that wear headscarfs...sigh...) also hits my fellow nationals who want to live in peace but allso have religious beliefs (in this case islamic beliefs). So the gap between us is only getting bigger instead of smaller. We need to work together to make integration succesful and ignore or lock-up the ignorent people (whoever they be) together ^^

I bet that NYC mosque and islamic centre could be a big chance for integration if they won't let any room for fundamentalism in there and can enlighten people with the knowledge that most of the islamtic people are peacefull and want to integrate. These people didn't bring the towers down...It were those ignorent fundamentalists!!! Heck, even the koran says that killing fellow men is not cool. And I couldn't agree more

Let's understand and help eachother, heck we all want peace how hard can it be...Well maybe I have had a too peacefull live to know true pain and cold harted feelings...

sigh...live is complicated...

I'm going to bed

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Don't pee down my leg and tell me it's raining!! The truth is that Islam and only Islam is their true goal. Show me one place in the Koran or what Mohamed preached that they will tolerate ANYTHING but a full and complete Islamic WORLD! Nowhere is there room for any other belief system in his teachings! Tolerance is ONLY used as a means to stall and undermine all other religions and countries law systems. Sharia is what is supposed to be the only law granted to the masses!

Zindo

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

I should not waste my time with people like you, but I guess I'm stubborn.

It does not matter how many time "Muslim" people tell you what you say or think, is pure fantasy, you will still believe what you believe because you have a penchant for "hate". I guess you need to believe in your stupidity.

Lay off MSM, and learn for yourself if you have any questions, don't come here asking questions you already have your "own" answers for, use google.

Pure stupidity !

Peace

[edit on 16-8-2010 by samsamm9]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Show me one place in the Koran or what Mohamed preached that they will tolerate ANYTHING but a full and complete Islamic WORLD!

No problem!

The Prophet Muhammad and the Christian priests of Mount Sinai

"As God is great and governeth, from whom all the prophets are come, for there remaineth no record of injustice against God; through the gifts that are given unto men, Mohammed, the son of Abdallah, the Apostle of God, and careful guardian of the whole world, has written the present instrument, to all those that are his national people, and of his religion, as a secure and positive promise to be accomplished to the Christian nation and relations of the Nazareen, whosoever they may be, whether they be the noble or the vulgar, the honourable or otherwise.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
II. That whenever any of the monks in his travels shall happen to settle on any mountain, hill, village, or in any other habitable place, on the sea or in deserts, or in any convent, church, or house of prayer, I shall be in the midst of them, as the preserver and protector of them, their goods and effects, with my soul, aid and protection, jointly with all my national people, because they are a part of my own people, and an honour to me.

Read it, you might actually learn something.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Great find there! Well we know now that muslims and their prophet are not more intolerance then we are (I'm an atheist btw :cool
, but I allready knew that

Back to topic then; Mr Wilders is allso saying that he is not against muslims but he is against muslim fundamentalists who want to force their radical belief systems in a society. Well about that point, I couldn't support him more. That counts for every group who wants to do that.

But as I said before I'm not supporting Mr. Wilders aggressive plans. I would rather see a more positive approach on the problem! Any idea's out there in ATS?
An educational muslim centre in NY would be a good start, but the problem there is that the people who need te be educated won't show up...

Peace out!

Ravinski

[edit on 16/8/10 by Ravinski]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Show me one place in the Koran or what Mohamed preached that they will tolerate ANYTHING but a full and complete Islamic WORLD!

No problem!

The Prophet Muhammad and the Christian priests of Mount Sinai

"As God is great and governeth, from whom all the prophets are come, for there remaineth no record of injustice against God; through the gifts that are given unto men, Mohammed, the son of Abdallah, the Apostle of God, and careful guardian of the whole world, has written the present instrument, to all those that are his national people, and of his religion, as a secure and positive promise to be accomplished to the Christian nation and relations of the Nazareen, whosoever they may be, whether they be the noble or the vulgar, the honourable or otherwise.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
II. That whenever any of the monks in his travels shall happen to settle on any mountain, hill, village, or in any other habitable place, on the sea or in deserts, or in any convent, church, or house of prayer, I shall be in the midst of them, as the preserver and protector of them, their goods and effects, with my soul, aid and protection, jointly with all my national people, because they are a part of my own people, and an honour to me.

Read it, you might actually learn something.

Seems like much of the Muslim world has either lost that part of the Koran or misinterpreted it. Wonder how those with other beliefs that seem to be caught and murdered, because they are infidels, in Islamic countries feel about the good will of Mohammad. It still remains that even among Islamic countries and sects they kill more of their own for religious reasons than any other sect or religion in this world.

Zindo

new topics

top topics

join