It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Member Introducing Himself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Hello, I am a new member to ATS. My name is Jonathan and I hope to have a good time while here. So far on the site my favorite topics are under the Ancient and Lost Civilizations. I am not what you would call a frequent blogger, so i only get on this site in my spare time. I am currently still in High School as a junior studying to have a career in the field of electronics. My favorite subjects in school are pretty much all the basic, such as math, science, history, and language arts. I also speak a little bit of french, not much, just some basic phrases. I go to a technology center for half of the school year to study electronics while the other half is at my normal school. I currently intend on graduating from high school and getting an associates degree in electronics then either staying put getting a local job or going south to get a job and take more classes. Please post replies appropriately to the subject at hand.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I guess then, that the subject is school? Its been well over 10 years since I have been in high school and the fact is most of its a blur. Does it feel like its draggin'? Or is time kinda flying by for you? Perspective for me changed after I turned 21, now I'm 30 and I ask myself where did the time go?

welcome to the site btw

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Welcome aboard!

Study hard; learn to discern right from wrong; and learn to write well & logically and you'll go far.

Best of luck to you!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Welcome

It sounds like a good career choice. Whether it be in trades or a sort of advanced electronics, you'll be needed. Keep concentrating on the maths and sciences, those will get you the farthest. You already write well.

Good luck

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by The Boi

Welcome to you...I'm sort of a newbie myself! I am also amazed and wowed, constantly, with Lost and Ancient Civilizations.

I would love to one day go visit Pompeii. It's much more than what meets the eye!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by The Boi

Hi Jonathan , and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only.
Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

NEW! ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by bowlbyville
Welcome aboard!

Study hard; learn to discern right from wrong; and learn to write well & logically and you'll go far.

Best of luck to you!

I believe that is some of the best advice a person can be given, thank you.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
I guess then, that the subject is school? Its been well over 10 years since I have been in high school and the fact is most of its a blur. Does it feel like its draggin'? Or is time kinda flying by for you? Perspective for me changed after I turned 21, now I'm 30 and I ask myself where did the time go?

welcome to the site btw

thank you and time is sorta going by slowly for me except when im at the electronic study shop second semester, I guess it's because i have more fun there then at normal high school

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PoePhotMusiArt

Really? What is your favorite ancient civilization? I've always had my eye on Ancient Greece and greek mythology

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by The Boi

As much as I hated school, it would be cool to go back and experience it again from my new perspective but that would be against the rules? Try to savor every moment, you'll learn to appreciate it later. Electronics shop? How exciting is that!?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

Its a Tech School so it's not just electronics, it has cosmotology, diesel mechanics, metal shop, autobody shop, and so on so forth. So far, I've only had 1 semester there. I need 3 before i can get a certificate of completion or whatever they hand out. 1st semester was level one basic electronics not much building circuits but alot of schematics and part aquaintence.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by The Boi

Welcome Jonathan! Glad to have you on board.
Enjoy your stay here.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS Johnathan.

Dive right in when ya have the opportunity. lots of stuff that may catch your interest here. make sure to check out the Science and technology board. if you are interested in electronics, you should find a few topics there that catch your interest.

See ya on the boards.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by The Boi

I don't have a favorite, really. I love to look up ancient civilizations, and even not-so-ancient ones.

I think 'ghost towns' are a bit creepy. It's like those people just disappear into thin air, sometimes.

I really love Pompeii, and I think that it would be amazing to visit.

On the History or the Discovery Channel they have that show about the world without people...cant remember what its called or which channel, but that would be freaky....to come to the earth and see our modern world just empty....

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by The Boi

The Boi.....

Welcome to ATS!

See you out there!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Just joined myself... Big warm welcome and I'll see ya on the forums.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I hope to have a good time on the forums too.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by The Boi]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PoePhotMusiArt

I think you're talking about the show Life After People and its on History Channel

top topics

join