It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli soldier mocks Palestinian prisoners in photos

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Israeli soldier mocks Palestinian prisoners in photos

www.huffingtonpost.com

a recently discharged soldier has posted photos of herself smiling as she sits besides blindfolded Palestinian prisoners.

Eden, the young Israeli woman, posted the pictures on Facebook and titled the album "Army... the most beautiful time of my life.
" One shows her squatting before a group of bound Palestinians, presumably at or near a West Bank checkpoint, a smirk playing on her face. In another, Eden sits on a cement block next to a prisoner, whose eyes are covered with a strip of cloth. Her head titled upwards, she looks down her nose imperiously towards him.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
More bad publicity for Israel, the only thing I'm really surprised about is the media is not trying to cover this up. They are trying to compare this to Abu Gharib, which while similar, the Abu Gharib was most likely involving higher level officers okaying the torture, and a lowly grunt getting the blame because she was caught in the picture. While this incident doesn't involve torture that we can see, it seems like this could just be her own choice to take the pictures and post on facebook. It seems like even other Israelis are disgusted by her actions.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
They should be disgusted at her actions. No military or solider in the world should do this to a POW.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This comment on the Huffington Post is gold.

Richard Pearce 8 hours ago (11:45 AM) 289 Fans

To go with a certain commercial theme:

Rebrand Israel Campaign = $millions
Demonize others Campaign = $billions
atching one Facebook page undermine all that = priceless.

There are some things that money can't hide. For everything else, there's lobbyists.

LMAO

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
She sounds like an Israeli version of Lynndie England.

What's wrong with some people ?

Apart from the obvious immoral and compassionless part of this, why are some people so stupid as to proudly behave like this ?

It's always going to come back and bite them on the bum.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

I am sure all Isreali's find this disgusting as most do. Its a mistake by one person, no need to blame the country...unless they are condoning it, which they are publicly stating they are not.

I thought this news was released with hopes to get more people angry towards Isreal. A lot of Anti-Isreal news is popping up lately, not always entirely Anti-Isreali either, more indirectly. I dunno, maybe its just me...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

What's wrong with some people ?

Short answer is no one cares.

Israel owns the world and we are all their jesters.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth
Short answer is no one cares.

Israel owns the world and we are all their jesters.

I don't believe that the country that this ''lady'' comes from is relevant.

For me, the major issue is that someone thinks it's funny and takes great pleasure in ridiculing and humiliating others.

It's especially cowardly, as this woman know that the subjects of her inhumanity are defenseless and can't fight back.

It also shows that she must be stupid to think that she can post this on facebook and think that she'll get away with it.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Sherlock Holmes]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
EDIT: Double Post.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
It's especially cowardly, as this woman know that the subjects of her inhumanity are defenseless and can't fight back.

It also shows that she must be stupid to think that she can post this on facebook and think that she'll get away with it.

It must be especially insulting that a woman is holding Muslim men captive.

The world turns a blind eye to the abuses that women go through in Muslim society, maybe this soldier is putting more meaning into her actions than people care to look into.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by wutone

Whole "meaning" of her entire existence on this planet was entirely explained in the title of her site:

"The army: the best days of my life"

Anyone who's been in army with IQ higher than his shoe number will know what kind of person this is

But yeah, it's ironic that they're Muslims and she's a woman. It's coincidence though, I don't think she's too picky.

[edit on 17/8/2010 by SassyCat]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by wutone

It must be especially insulting that a woman is holding Muslim men captive.

The world turns a blind eye to the abuses that women go through in Muslim society, maybe this soldier is putting more meaning into her actions than people care to look into.

Yes, I'm sure the woman was making a very fine and noble protest about Muslims and the role of women in Muslim society.

Well, that justifies it. Those men held captive are Muslims, so as they are Muslims, they were most likely abusive towards women, and this fine and upstanding woman was merely making quite a noble demonstration of the issue of women's rights in Muslim society.

That will teach those Muslims. We portray your religion and society to suggest you all beat your women up, so we will tie and blindfold all your men to show you how to behave and to highlight the injustices of the abuses of women.

Amazing the amount and variety of excuses that come out to justify the abuse of human rights.

The woman had those men tied up and blindfolded and her photo taken with them because she wishes to demonstrate that the best days of her life are bullying, dominating and subjugating other human beings, at the barrel of a gun, and in uniform.

Fascist tendancies for all to see.

If you think she was making some noble protest, or are trying to turn the meaning of the photo into something else, then really, you leave me speechless.

But don't worry all. The Israeli military have said they will carry out an investigation.

Like they will 'investigate' the flotilla raid, no doubt.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Regensturm]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I havn't seen the pictures, but from the descriptions it seems this woman is nearly innocent. Some enemy soldiers were spared, and captured, and she thought she did a good job for her country.
I'm not seeing the problem here, when a job is well done, some people like to take a picture or memento.
These are pics of defeated, and spared enemy combatants, that just so happen to be right next to someone who contributed toward their defeat.
And I'm not a fan of present day Israel.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Not as bad as some of the photos I've seen of American soldiers posing with Iraqi prisoners, anyone remember the human pyramid, so don't get too hypocritical.

I don't in any way condon acts of human degredation in any form or try to point fingers stereotyping cultures but America and Israel...need I say more

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

These photos hardly seem as bad as the gitmo ones.

mondoweiss.net...

They look bad, but I would hardly call them gitmo-worthy. They're barely even mocking.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
so i dont get it? who cares if she took some pictures. big deal - how in gods name did this make the front page pfft this site is getting taken over by bloody a-rabs.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mythkiller
Not as bad as some of the photos I've seen of American soldiers posing with Iraqi prisoners, anyone remember the human pyramid, so don't get too hypocritical.

I don't in any way condon acts of human degredation in any form or try to point fingers stereotyping cultures but America and Israel...need I say more

Well, I agree with your first paragraph, not your second. I was in fact thinking of those very same photographs of Lynndie England. And, while they aren't as graphic, nor are they as demeaning (the ones that I saw) as the American photos, this Israeli woman does have a condescending, and sneering attitude.

As to whatever cultures produce this type of person, sadly, you are mistaken if it is limited to America and Israel. Labeling a society for the misdeeds of one person is sadly the product of humanity's ignorance of the dangers of generalization.

You see, when you neatly place every American, as we are all a part of American society, with what Lynndie England did you do us all a great injustice. She is an individual, but those who wish to sneer, and use condescending generalizations against societies they do not like find it easy to do so with photographs like those at Gitmo, and these at the West Bank.

No one wants to see such a callous nature in human beings, but nearly every government in existence today is dripping with blood from past, present, and future wars. Forced military service brings with it a certain amount of indoctrination, and alteration of the perceptions of those who are deemed to be your enemies. Only when we can agree to disagree, stop labeling whole society's for one person's failures, and move forward together as a unified (yet wholly accepting of all of our differences) group will we ever see the end of these situations. An end to the perpetual war on terror is a good start, but good luck with that.

And, honestly, given human nature...even if we had such a society this kind of situation would still happen from time to time. Human beings aren't computers, and robots. They make mistakes.

The lady in the Israeli photographs is obviously making a huge mistake. Whether she cares, or even realizes it, is not my concern. I can't alter her personality, nor do I care to do so when I realize my own imperfections. What I do hope is that one day she feels remorseful over her actions, and apologizes in some way to the people involved.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Yog-Sothoth]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Ahh, the Huffington Post. The most liberal tripe on the internet. what a source what a source, no agenda here.

Kinda reminds me of a post earlier where a guy used a site called resistthewar.com and said they were not biased

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This was on the front page of Yahoo news too. I saw it yesterday and didn't bother to post it because I knew it would be here sooner or later.

It would appear that some members here are trying to turn this into a woman's lib advertisement. I would think that those members are no better than the men who abuse woman as they are condoning exploitation and abuse in their own right.

What the picture really shows is how insane an Israeli policy towards an indigenous people who it is trying to ethnically cleanse has made people to become.

The pictures were sick and another embarrassment to humanity.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Turkey is being accused of using chemical weapons – ATS back page.
Israeli soldier taking meaningless pictures – ATS front page.

hypocrisy at it's best.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join