It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

churches in the arab world?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
well i wanted make this thread after going through some posts that claim there are no churches in the arab world from this thread, so i thought to my self why not do some research and provide the people of ATS the information they were not aware of, so lets start now.

UAE (United Arab Emirates) my country

chris tian churches uae (google)

Abu Dhabi (the capital)
The Evangelical Community Church

Dubai
United Christian Church of Dubai

Sharjah my home city

CSI PARISH SHARJAH

and here you can find another list

OMAN

Southern African Group in Oman

Holy Spirit Church

need more ? christian churches oman

QATAR

Church Of Our Lady Of Rosary

Bahrain

St. Christopher's Cathedra

Kuwait

The Lighthouse Church

Telugu Christian Congregation

gota love google

so please before any one says that there are no churches in the muslims world, just use google and you will find lots of them.

i had to make a new thread because i thought this subject deserved a thread of its own.

now please i just wat to request one thing from those who are going to participate in this thread , and it is a civilized conversations, please please .

peace

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I agree there is a lot of misconception from the radicals in the US. Thank you for bringing that knowledge for others to see.

S+F

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
There are hundreds of churches in Iraq, jordan, syria and lebanon as well...

edit:

to add more, the only arabic country that has no church in it is saudi arabia. even somalia has churches...

saudi arabia are wahabis, which means they are evil. they are al qaeda!

[edit on 16/8/2010 by RizeorDie]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The largest community of Jews outside of israel in the Middle East is Iran!

They live peacefully and are allowed to practice Judaism.

When I learned about this, I realized that when the government of Iran makes statements about israel, they are just that, statements about israel and NOT about Jews.

If they were, why not hang them in the streets like they do gays?

Makes no sense!

It's just yet another twist in the media like many others on the same subject.

Even Journeyman Pictures did a huge documentary about them.

The fiercely Islamic Republic of Iran, is perhaps the last place you would expect to find a large Jewish community. But despite political use of anti-semitic, anti-Israeli slogans, Iran's Jews appear remarkably free. "Anti-semitism has never been the general policy of the Iranian government" explains Maurice Mottamed, the country's sole Jewish MP. There are of course "glaring differences" in treatment between the majority Muslim population and religious minorities. But remarkably most of the time Iranian Jews are "comfortably doing everything they want to do here. We can perform all our religious celebrations." This is an image very much at odds with fashionable Western opinion.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Jeanius]

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Jeanius]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
i have a question i would like an heart felt answer to, why as we Christians allow any and all to come to the house of the lord and the Islamic faith does not? why is it not allowed to have christian church in Mecca? why must we be open and your fair says no you can not and if you do you can face death?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
One of the most beautiful places I've ever been...as far as architecture and coexistance. Maybe it was just me.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

When did Christians start believing it was OK to kill people if you thought they might one day kill you?

I don't remember Christ talking about that?

Would Jesus kill millions of people in the Middle East because they might attack us one day?

Jews however do not believe in hell, and believe god is spiteful.

Somehow Christians now fight for Jews, and don't even question it?

Is that what Christ did?????????

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
This was a surprise I found and thought I would share ... peace
The Prophet Muhammad and the Christian priests of Mount Sinai
knol.google.com...#
The Holy Prophet Muhammad was the greatest pioneer of religious freedom and tolerance. When I say it, I literally mean it, for it would take history more than 1000 years to produce anything, remotely equal to the covenant that he gave to the Christian monks of Mount Sinai and to the Christians in general, in generosity and tolerance. By the grace of Allah I have found the complete record of the Covenant in Christian sources.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

There are no Christian churches in Saudi Arabia and any open form of Christian worship is strictly forbidden.

Sonething doesn't quite add up does it?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Saint Catherine's Monastery, Mount Sinai en.wikipedia.org...'s_Monastery,_Mount_Sinai

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

The monastery is in Egypt.

The birthplace of Mohammed etc.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Mount Sinai would be a subject all in itself .Seems to be a little confusion that needs more searching . found this that was interesting ..www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

show me were one christian has beheaded some one for there belief, and not pre 1900.

I know of none, yes wars have started for the name of god and in the name of god.

I am not talking about that,what i am asking why is it posted in mecca, no Christians allowed, the real wording is "non Muslims not permitted" under sadi law see sura 9:28 of the qur'an.

Why is this? as a christian i just do not under stand.
To me that would be going to any church and be told non members stay out, show me one that says that.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

so what changed? why is the christian faith now not tolerated? why must peaceful people be beheaded?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I don't know of anyone who has claimed that there are no churches in the Arab world. This is the case in Saudi Arabia. In fact, you cannot even bring a Bible into Saudi Arabia.

I did have to laugh about the post about Jews in Iran being "free." How can they be free when even the Iranians are not free? Iranians are stoned for allegations of adultery; thrown into prison and killed for political dissent, etc. The Jews in Iran know that they must keep their opinions to themselves. That is how they have survived. And if Iran ever succeeds in destroying Israel, the Jews they keep around for propaganda purposes will go on the chopping block next. Of that I am sure, unless a saner authority prevails in that country. Incidentally, try investigating what has been done to Zoroastrians in Iran:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Interesting.

Perhaps that would explain why Mohammed tolerated the monastery at 'Mount Sinai', because he knew it wasn't the 'real' Mount Sinai?

Mount Sinai would be nearly as much a Holy Place to Muslims as it would be to Jews and Christians.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie

saudi arabia are wahabis, which means they are evil. they are al qaeda!

[edit on 16/8/2010 by RizeorDie]

just clarify this point , there is nothing called wahabies in islam this name was created by the shia when mohamed ibno abdulwahab took control in the arab land which is called now saudi arabia , his goal was to eliminate new made wrong beliefs and doings from within the islamic religion, he was trying his best to keep the religion of islam on the right path from where it started by prophet mohammed.

so frankly speaking wahabies are the sunnies , and they are called like that by the shia.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

no hard feelings my friend , i understand your feelings but please do understand that there are laws in islam which we believe as muslims that it was given to us through prophet mohammed , and this is one of them ;that no unbeliever is allowed in the vicinity of Makkah and madinah and also not to enter a masjid (you call it a mosque), so we have to follow it as well as others , its like any other law in any country regarding any thing that every one should respect be it a local or a foreigner.

so if there was a law from Christianity that forbids us muslims from entering a church then fine with us why should i whine about it, its their rules and its there right.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

I'd like your take on the Greek Orthodox Church in Turkey. The Turkish government, ran by ....., well let's just say there are some problems.

Centuries old church with a letter from Muhammad, now there's an issue...

Talk to me about religious tolerance.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I love the balance certain individuals are pushing.
Not a moment too late.

More please.

The world was never and will not be square nor black & white, unless you're uneducated and bigoted.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Skittle]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join