It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New reasons why homosexuals should not be able to use sperm donors

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Nofoolishness

my pain came from other reasons, learning disabilities, physical disabilities etc.....
my problem with your reply is that you make it sound like at times you wish you were not born.
i can't say i've ever thought this way.
the ridicule hurt as a kid, but i grew up to understand that the ridicule is a cry for help on their part.
we should be thankful to be alive, no matter what we go through as children, it's to easy just to blame others for the problems we have.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by russ212

Explanation: Please utilize the reply function/button at the top right of every members posts! It definately helps fellow members keep track etc. Thanks!

Now...

First of all the, there is no way to provide a credible source of the argument of why homosexuals should have children because like my post it is an opinion. It is an ongoing debate on both sides of the issue, with both sides offering opinion, and differing statistics. I am just stating the argument that I have heard from homosexuals in the past.

There were several claims made which I isolated...

1. People make the argument that this type of home is just as loving, and I agree, but it apparently does not provide everything a child needs to be well adjusted and happy.
  2. It also confuses the child especially in youth.
  3. This type of selfishness shows that people today put themselves above the people that they bring into the world.

Baseless claims do not help the cause for which this thread is titled about!

So please provide some proof that...

1. That same sex house holds do not provide everything a child needs to be well adjusted and happy.
  2. That same-sex parents confuse the child especially in youth [

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I love these threads. What you homophobes fail to realize is no matter how much you bleat about the supposed "gay agenda" YOU'VE already lost. By a 70-30 split people under the age of 25 believe gay marriage, adoption etc is OK. I am so excited for the moment in another 20 years when all you fools are sitting inside your living rooms, prattling about how terrible our society is because homophobia is no longer acceptable. Get a clue: this is going to be the younger generation's country soon, and there is ZERO you can do about it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I applaud you. My mother could not have children and she adopted me. I feel sorry for any woman who wants children but is denied them because of medical reasons. I know some one who at age 20 found out that due to a complication with an ovarian cyst that she can never have children. She was told she can either live in pain and hope to have a child and not die in child birth or have a hysterectomy. Preventing a person from being a mother or father is one of the saddest things that can happen. I pray to the goddess every day that when the time comes to have children I am able to have them. There is something about having a child of your own that is truly a miracle.

Test tube babies are a blessing to every woman out there and you are a sadistic person to think other wise

mblahnikluver I hope that you get your blessing of children if you haven't alread

xiamara

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Xiamara]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Thank you for your logical and thoughtful post. I do not agree with everything that you say, but at least you are not name calling.

First of all, I hate to say it but I don't accept your source from the UN as credible, as the UN is not credible. It is a tyrannical, and corrupt entity that has an agenda to claim power.

That being said, the people of the United States has made it clear as a society that we do not feel same sex marriage should be allowed. The public has voted down making same sex marriage legal all over the country, typically by huge percentages. As a society we have decided even if our government disagrees.

I don't feel that I have made baseless claims, but I will hunt down some pyscological studies that I have read in the past and relate them back to you on this board when I get home this evening. Sorry to postpone, but I do not have my library available to me at the moment and I don't wish to misquote or provide you with links that are not read throughly. I wish I could quote them off the top of my head.

Once again thanks, I will continue my research as I am not trolling but trying to have a healthy dialect with people of different opinions and maybe provide a little more thought to our society, which it seems like you are doing also. I look forward to working with you in the future whether we agree or disagree. Thanks again.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Thank you for your logical and thoughtful post. I do not agree with everything that you say, but at least you are not name calling.

First of all, I hate to say it but I don't accept your source from the UN as credible, as the UN is not credible. It is a tyrannical, and corrupt entity that has an agenda to claim power.

That being said, the people of the United States has made it clear as a society that we do not feel same sex marriage should be allowed. The public has voted down making same sex marriage legal all over the country, typically by huge percentages. As a society we have decided even if our government disagrees.

I don't feel that I have made baseless claims, but I will hunt down some pyscological studies that I have read in the past and relate them back to you on this board when I get home this evening. Sorry to postpone, but I do not have my library available to me at the moment and I don't wish to misquote or provide you with links that are not read throughly. I wish I could quote them off the top of my head.

Once again thanks, I will continue my research as I am not trolling but trying to have a healthy dialect with people of different opinions and maybe provide a little more thought to our society, which it seems like you are doing also. I look forward to working with you in the future whether we agree or disagree. Thanks again.

By the way I do use the reply button. I don't know why it does not show up correctly. I will check into that

[edit on 16-8-2010 by russ212] by russ212

[edit on 16-8-2010 by russ212]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

So it's selfish because they want to bring a life into this world and raise it with love and care? I don't think that is selfish.

Actually - - there is no reason other then selfish to bring a child into this world.

Whether you do it the natural way or not.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by russ212
reply to post by rubbertramp

I should have mentioned that, but I do agree that adoption is the alternative that should be used by homosexual couples that are not able to have children. But I also believe the child should be no younger than the age of 10 when adopted by a homosexual couple and given the choice of whether they would like to live in a home comprised of two parents of the same sex.

Good idea. Nothing counters all the scary ideas you seem to have about gay people and kids more than the cold, logical, well thought out, informed decision making skills of an 11 year old child.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Lessinterested

I did not say that gay people were evil. I don't believe that they are. As far a the logic of eleven year old. I believe that by eleven children do have some idea of who they are and are able to decide if they relate to adults that might raise them. I don't think that they should only have a choice with homosexuals as well. I think that they should be part of the adoption process and their opinion counted after they are old enough to formulate an opinion.

Eleven was a year I picked out of the air. I do believe that an age has to be decided on though. An age where they understand what homosexuality and they are old enough to at least understand this family enviroment will have larger than normal consequences on the rest of their life.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
If I may speak for myself.

When I was a child my parents divorced and my dad leaved my mother and I living in poverty. I would have preferred to have two loving of the same sex then a failed couple that fought over money.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by russ212

I was brought up by 2 women, my mother and my grandmother, I think I grew up just fine. Granted there was no sexual relationship between them but I was not exposed to the male dynamic of a 'typical' family.

Surprisingly I think it made me more aggressive (to some) as I never had a male figure I had to 'obey' and I was not easily forced into a submissive role as sometimes happens when a male is assuming a position of power over a female, whether it be business or social.

Early on I realized my friends had fathers and I didn't and you know what? I got over it. Sure I have questions for my father's family, but in the end I am who I am and I don't have time for regrets.

So, just because there is an intimate relationship between the two parents of the same sex, it does not automatically mean they are going to be messed up. Hetero couples have been f&^%ing up their kids for centuries, a lot of it has to do with the character/temperment of the child.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by russ212

By that logic all children shouldn't be raised until they are 11. You don't get to pick your parents. If you have crap ones child services takes you away and puts you in foster care. Do you get to pick where you live then? Some times your placed with family, but do you choose which family. No, your given options to choose from IF your lucky.

Being raised by homosexual parents wont make you gay, you grow up just fine, you may get teased a bit more but what child isn't teased. Don't say not me you were your lying, or you never realized it. All this research data is biased and is made to fit the results. Any data can be manipulated to suit the desired result. You can't choose who your family is you just have to deal with it. If I could choose a different family growing up I would, but then again my family made me who I am and at times I hate them but deep down they love me and I love them and that's what family is LOVE. Not mom, dad, brother or sister. LOVE.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by sremmos
So because bigots like yourself exist gay people shouldn't be able to have/raise children since those kids might "have questions" or "be made fun of"?

Plenty of kids are made fun of to the point of suicide or school shootings that were raised by a mother and a father.

This is all bs.

Why cant human same sexes have children? Because its not excepted by the creator of this species. Now if we were talking worms then mabey but we are talking humans NO BIGOTS REALITY.

Do you propose requiring childbirth for marriage?

Should sterile individuals be denied the right to marry?

You're a bigot. That's your right, but it's silly to pretend your view isn't based on hatred.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by sremmos]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Eleven was a year I picked out of the air. I do believe that an age has to be decided on though. An age where they understand what homosexuality and they are old enough to at least understand this family enviroment will have larger than normal consequences on the rest of their life.

A child understands Love & Nurturing. By the time they're 10 - - they are not going to care if their parents are of the same gender.

Only Adults with man-made prejudices see this as an issue.

As far as teasing - - children are going find something to tease about - no matter what. I was raised by a single disabled mother and grandmother.

Fortunately - schools today are more pro-active about teasing for any and every thing that could be considered different.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I don't think it is about teasing, I never made that claim, others had made it for me.

Please show evidence that children won't care or understand their parents homosexuality. It seems that this is very confusing for a child.

I don't believe that homosexual parents make their children homosexual. I do believe they confuse their child.

Growing up and understanding sexuality is hard. A child with a father and mother ideally have an example of what a man and what a woman are and how they should behave. Nature did this for a reason whether you believe in God or not. Nature said two men and two women should. not have a child for a reason. I believe this is the reason

A woman can tell a boy how he should treat women, but without a father as a role model it does not seem to take hold. An example of this is abuse in the home seems to be passed down through generations. A boy in a abusive home is much more likely to beat their family members later. This does not occur everytime, some escape the cycle, but the odds do agree with this.

Children need to know how to behave as their sex, and what to expect from the opposite sex. I believe that growing up in a homosexual home causes confusion with these issues.

For those that will confuse what I am saying. I am not saying that these children will be more likely to be abusive, but they won't know what to be. They will have trouble associating and relating to members of the same sex and of the opposite sex.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by russ212]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by russ212

your thoughts are kinda old school. How should a man act and how should woman act? Tell me I'd really like to know...

as for sexuality confusing children, how is it confusing? By age 6 I knew that there are gay people and Understood it as much as I understood heterosexuality. My mom's best friends are gay and I sure as hell wasn't confused by them I just knew oh mommy's friends love each other and they are both men. They whole argument over you need a man and a woman to raise a child is just plain stupid. there have been single parents for quite a while and those kids are just fine being raised by just a mother or just a father.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I don't think it is about teasing, I never made that claim, others had made it for me.

Please show evidence that children won't care or understand their parents homosexuality. It seems that this is very confusing for a child.

I don't believe that homosexual parents make their children homosexual. I do believe they confuse their child.

I don't think its confusing at all. Especially now that it is out in the open - as it should be.

Mental illness was confusing when it was kept in the closet.

There was a time the disabled were hidden away.

Acceptable by society - - un-confuses man's fears and prejudices.

I think its far more confusing to have multiple kids all with different fathers.

My daughter has a 10 year old daughter and a gay roommate. She has no issue what-so-ever with it. She has a 2 year old brother - who's father died. The men in his life are gay. The gay roommate and his friends.

Didn't you say you think being Gay is a mental/psychological issue?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
You're a bigot. That's your right, but it's silly to pretend your view isn't based on hatred.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by sremmos]

This is a teaching moment. These threads are for us to look at our lives and evaluate our own opinions, and them share them with the community. Then have a sensible debate and discussion.

We are not here to attack one another or call each other names as this just destroys the conversation. Attacking someone just lowers the value of your opinion.

People have started throwing out terms such as bigot to simply shame someone else into not sharing their opinion. But those using this term are the ones that are being closed minded and intolerant. Someone has a different opinion. Get over it and move on. Don't let their opinion have power over you by making you angry, and don't attack their character as it does no good.

The great thing about the freedom of speech is that we are allowed to freely share our opinions, and that others are free to disagree or not listen. I don't think we have the right to SLANDER someones name or character by calling them a bigot.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sremmos

Do you propose requiring childbirth for marriage? Should sterile individuals be denied the right to marry? You're a bigot. That's your right, but it's silly to pretend your view isn't based on hatred.

personally, i don't see this as being the case here. i see it more as just a bit of ignorance on the subject.
this attitude is nothing new, especially with christians. i think many like russ can change their minds when they look deep in their soul.
i was pretty much anti-gay marriage, anti-gay actually, until i found out my sister was gay. i changed my tune pretty quick. i never hated gays, just didn't want to be around them.
for me to say i didn't want to be around my sis cause she was gay, i realized was the hurtful thing.
i thank her for teaching me such an important lesson.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Lessinterested

I did not say that gay people were evil. I don't believe that they are. As far a the logic of eleven year old. I believe that by eleven children do have some idea of who they are and are able to decide if they relate to adults that might raise them. I don't think that they should only have a choice with homosexuals as well. I think that they should be part of the adoption process and their opinion counted after they are old enough to formulate an opinion.

You must not have kids, know kids, and certainly know nothing of adoption and orphanage. What you are saying is that children waiting for parents to come and love them will be given the knowledge that-

they will most likely be in the orphanage for years waiting for a mommy and a daddy. When they turn 10 they will get the option of going off with any of the groups of two mommies or two daddies that are waiting for a child, any child to love. How many ten year old kids do you suppose would choose to stay orphans, living at that hands of government bureaucrats whose only interest in them is financial?

Are you even remotely interested in the well fare of children or is your thinly veiled homophobia getting too much in the way for that to be an option?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join