It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New reasons why homosexuals should not be able to use sperm donors

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

I found this article very interesting. It demonstrates how painful it can be for these children to grow up with so many questions. It also demonstrates how little thought people put into using these services.

To me, sperm implantation should only be used for a married man and woman that are not able to have a child. This eliminates the question of who is my daddy as the child has grown up with a father. If the question ever does arise it can be answered fairly easily. But, in a homosexual home, the child grows up with two mommies knowing something is not as it should be the moment the meet other children.

People make the argument that this type of home is just as loving, and I agree, but it apparently does not provide everything a child needs to be well adjusted and happy. It also confuses the child especially in youth. This type of selfishness shows that people today put themselves above the people that they bring into the world.

People make choices in life that keep them from having children all of the time, homosexuality is just another one of those choices and should remain so. Just because we have the science to do something, does not mean that we should. This is just another reason marriage should only be between a man and a woman.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by russ212

To me, sperm implantation should only be used for a married man and woman that are not able to have a child. This eliminates the question of who is my daddy as the child has grown up with a father.

yet, with the high divorce rate, almost half the kids end up with one parent anyhow.
or possibly visitation with the second parent at most.
divorce rate in america

+29 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by russ212

russ212,

As long as there are still children dying from starvation, being used as child soldiers or prostitutes I will be the last to comment on two men or two women trying to raise a child....

As long as they love the little one I couldn't care less....

Peace

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

agree, i think the op would have made a better argument if he was against it because people should adopt instead.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Should it matter what physical sex their parents are? Body doesn't matter, what is FAR MORE important is the soul inside. I read somewhere that same sex couples actually make better parents statistically. And if you think about it, I see how it could make sense, because the two together are consciously preparing for, and making a decision to have children, whereas with a large majority of heterosexual couples do not plan for children as procreation can just 'happen' sometimes creating 'accidents' or 'unplanned' children.

Think about that, are we not all PEOPLE?
Do we not all have souls?
Why should it matter?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by leira7

yes, the major problem i see is allowing the children to grow up and make their own mind up about sexuality.
it's the same for ultra-religious parents who raise their children to follow in their foot steps.
children need to be raised with an open mind, right and wrong being taught concerning topics like theft and honesty, not, gay or not gay, christian or not christian.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I grew up with just a mom pretty much does that make me abnormal? It's the people who start these kinds of threads that cause the problem. Ignorant people who tell these children "your not normal you have two mommies/daddies". Just get over your self and let them have a baby. They are probably better parents anyways seeing as they have to prove it to the world.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Xiamara]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by russ212

Good post mate.

Completely agree.

S&F

Cheers

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by russ212

2 MEN/WOMEN SHOULD NOT HAVE A KID, it dulls down the gene pool. If you cannot go out there and make you some then fix the reason why if its not medical. If its medical and its a male femal relationship then aye go do what you need to and raise you some. But those who go against the grain for whatever reason with the same sex issue shouldnt be permitted to have kids. Its too confusing for the children the PEER pressures can harm their minds. Now I am not being mean to you all who like to do you lol no pun, but ahh leave the kids alone dont spread that bull that its ok to love the same sex ITS GOES AGAINST LIVE AND BE FRUITFUL NOT LIVE AND BE FRUITY LMAO (if the creator wanted this type of love between same sexes to exist he would of made us all ASEXUAL RIGHT), but he didnt FOR SOME REASON. But seriously same sex people can do what they want but if having children is part of what they want and they are healthy then GO DO IT LIKE THE REST OF US otherwise GET PETS.

Again not being mean just making an important statement, I meen wtf happens on mothers and fathers day MENTALLY TO CHILD, or family gatherings when kids will be around their friends in school with normal parents AND WONDER WHAT HAPPENED even worst VALINTINES DAY SMH @ THAT CONFUSION-SAVE THE KIDDIES SOME DRAMA- THE CHILDREN CAN GET REALLY MEAN WITH DIFFERENC ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY HAVE A VALID REASON TO CHALLENGE DIFFERENCE. And as far as divorce rate those are people who shouldnt have gotten rushed into marriage. We are made man and woman to find oppisite sex mates not same. I meen if its that bad gay men can go find them a tuff bulldagger broad and lesbian woman can go find a tristy a$$ man and call it a day THAT SHOULD WORK RIGHT
I think

[edit on 8/16/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by russ212

I read the whole article and they only mention homosexuality once, and it was a brief mention about a new film - homosexuality had nothing to do with the article. The female activist wasn't even affected by anyone that was homosexual, it says that she was a single mom. So you take an article that wasn't written about homosexuality, and add your own bigotry to make it suit you. Fantastic.

You should have named the thread "People shouldn't be able to use anonymous sperm donors" since that is what the article, and activist, are talking about. Not homosexuals. So whole lotta stupid right there.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
What counts is good loving parenting.
I say this despite having a lovely friend who happens to be a lesbian having two sons who could not cope with the the slack they got from others, one tried to commit suicide, both disowned her.

Society has to change imo, prefered sexuality has nothing to do with loving the child and giving him her a good childhood.

I am a divorced single mother, though they have all flown the nest. They didn't grow up in the sterio mother father senerio yet have all done and are doing very well.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

I should have mentioned that, but I do agree that adoption is the alternative that should be used by homosexual couples that are not able to have children. But I also believe the child should be no younger than the age of 10 when adopted by a homosexual couple and given the choice of whether they would like to live in a home comprised of two parents of the same sex.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Confusing? You point doesn't even make sense. If my mother was a lesbian I think I would have been juuust fine. I have a friend who's mother was lesbian and you know how you explain it to a child. Sometimes mommies love mommies some times daddies love daddies some times mommies love daddies. They are just like everyone else.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

I am not a bigot, thank you very much. I do however have strong, beliefs, just as you do. I am voicing an opinion of concern for children that grow up in these types of enviroment, not hatred for homosexuality. I see how you could misconstrude it as that.

That being said, I also believe that single women should not be allowed to use this type of fertilzation. But, I have noticed a growing number of lesbian women using it. I believe that it out numbers the single women using sperm donors, and I am concerned for the children, and the home they grow up in.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Confusing? You point doesn't even make sense. If my mother was a lesbian I think I would have been juuust fine. I have a friend who's mother was lesbian and you know how you explain it to a child. Sometimes mommies love mommies some times daddies love daddies some times mommies love daddies. They are just like everyone else.

NO thanx but thanx, what happens if this behavior became dominate in human culture?????

and this statement:
Sometimes mommies love mommies some times daddies love daddies some times mommies love daddies. They are just like everyone else.

And what happens when the kids get to school and are challenged by the majority who just say your parents are GAY.... Kid goes home feelin like damn my parents told me a damn lie.

Remember I am not bashing cause I loves the ladies, just commenting on the effects of this on a species longterm.

[edit on 8/16/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by russ212

it's tough to forsee all arguments other posters might bring forth.
personally, i have no problem with people having an opinion that differs from mine. the problem i have is when people think their opinion is the only possibility, and all others are wrong.
i always toss out the other side of the story, even if i don't think it to be correct.
in this case, i would rather see a child go to a gay couple, than to an abusive household of a man and a woman.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by russ212

Explanation: Hmmm???

I found this article very interesting. It demonstrates how painful it can be for these children to grow up with so many questions. It also demonstrates how little thought people put into using these services.

I agree!

To me, sperm implantation should only be used for a married man and woman that are not able to have a child. This eliminates the question of who is my daddy as the child has grown up with a father. If the question ever does arise it can be answered fairly easily. But, in a homosexual home, the child grows up with two mommies knowing something is not as it should be the moment the meet other children.

Each to their own opinion!

People make the argument that this type of home is just as loving, and I agree, but it apparently does not provide everything a child needs to be well adjusted and happy. It also confuses the child especially in youth. This type of selfishness shows that people today put themselves above the people that they bring into the world.

Can you please provide any credible evidence to back up and support any/all of the claims that are made in that post?

People make choices in life that keep them from having children all of the time, homosexuality is just another one of those choices and should remain so.

I didn't primarily choose [yes choose!
] homosexuality soley because I didn't want children! OL primarily choose homosexuality because I enjoy the sexual company of men [at that time! I am currently in an 8yr long hetero and monogamous relationship with a Cougar!]!! But I agree with you that homosexuality should be a valid choice for all humans over the age of consent [which would be local to ones own local laws, customs etc.]!

Just because we have the science to do something, does not mean that we should.

I agree, but on the issue of sperm donorship we can but only encourage the donors [regardless of sexual orientation] to take up the offer of filling out an identity-release policy, in which donors agree to let their offspring contact the donor when they turn 18.

This is just another reason marriage should only be between a man and a woman.

Nope! Marriage is an inalienable right of all persons of mature mind and body who are able to willingly consent to it regardless of sexual gender and orientation!

Personal Disclosure: So if Gay/Bi sperm donors agreed to fill out a identity-release policy, would you still have a problem [which this threads title clearly gives away as your position etc.] with homosexual/bisexual sperm donors donating?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Just out of curiosity, who made a statement that their was only one opinion that mattered. I welcome insight, questions, and opposing arguments.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
reply to post by russ212

it's tough to forsee all arguments other posters might bring forth.
personally, i have no problem with people having an opinion that differs from mine. the problem i have is when people think their opinion is the only possibility, and all others are wrong.
i always toss out the other side of the story, even if i don't think it to be correct.
in this case, i would rather see a child go to a gay couple, than to an abusive household of a man and a woman.

But surely Homosexuals can be abusive too?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
So because bigots like yourself exist gay people shouldn't be able to have/raise children since those kids might "have questions" or "be made fun of"?

Plenty of kids are made fun of to the point of suicide or school shootings that were raised by a mother and a father.

This is all bs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join